Webtex Concealment Vest

Dist

ok ill at least wait untill friday and if its still not sent and i cant get in contact with them i guess ill ahve to decide what to do then.

as for good things come to those who wait, i have to agree that the concealment vest is a good thing because there are tons of good reviews about it, the only bad things ive read is that its not a full body ghillie suit, but then thats not realy expected from something like this.

i know i seem impatient, but being a student i dont have a lot of money to throw around so when i buy things like this i need to know that they will arrive, and the sooner this arrives the sooner i can get to work on it and add ghillie material to it and weather it.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patience is a virtue that will be tested many times on your journey, espescially when things are not going your way. Just get used to it ;)

As for full body ghillie, they have advantages and disadvantages. A fellow hunter has one and it is nice however it is noisey to have camo on your legs and having your chest free of ghillie also helps when your are crawling along.

The webtex conceals you best when crouched or kneeling... which if you watch many players is often how they fire or observe.

I understand you being skint, but hey i'm not loaded either. I just have to save to get some new equipment and it takes time to build up your kit. Again patience is a virtue. ;)

Good luck with the purchase and let us know if you think the £25 was well spent.

As for full body ghillie, they have advantages and disadvantages. A fellow hunter has one and it is nice however it is noisey to have camo on your legs and having your chest free of ghillie also helps when your are crawling along.

the main reasons why i decided against a full body ghillie is the heat of it, which in summer weather would be so hot it wouldnt be very nice to play in, and there is also the weight, all that hessian material and all the grass and plant material would proberly make a full body ghillie quite heavy.

It very much depends on what full body ghillie you have. My colleagues is very lightweight and has half of the srface area made of mesh. I don't think he gets any hotter than me and has played extreme events in summer in it. He imported it from the US and then added his own veggie loops.

I agree a traditional ghillie is often too hot for summer unless you stay completely still.

Good Hunting ;)

i wish i did more reserach before trusting this sas company. i was searching online trying to find any reviews and found this: http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/forums/i...071?entry274018

basicaly the tread talks about ppl having major problems with that site, and in some cases the owner taking months to complete an order and not respending to any form of contact.

i just hope that if the owner of the store is too lazy to complete an order that he is too lazy to regulary transfer the payments from his paypal account (as the online payment was done through them) to his bank account, because contacting paypal and demanding the money back will be much easier if he hasnt already taken the money to his bank account.

i dont see how ppl can run a company like this without getting so many complaints they become a well known company to avoid, like evike. in fact after reading some of the reviews i wouldnt be supprised if some people have tried taking him to the small claims court.

well, in his 'defence'

my mate ordered a mask and some other bits and came a few days later.

my other mate orderd the concleament vest and it came by end of the week.

maybe it just depends on his current situation, we all get busy at times, i can have a run of a week when ive not had time to get to the post office, for example ive got 2 parcels here which im posting tomorrow as its my first day off in yonks.

well its now friday and he still hasnt contacted me or shiped the item so i guess ill have to file a dispute with paypal.

if i can get my money back then ill buy the concealment vest from airsoft scotland for an extra £5, or from sofmilitary for an extra £10 if airsoft scotland are sold out.

i wish it didnt have to come down to all this but if the owner of the store wont respond to anything ive sent him then he leaves me little choice.

try phoning him again, have they got more than one number on the site?

doesnt paypal have a minimal day wait before a dispute for non arrived item anyhow? so you can say do a dispute the day he posts it for example.

im not sure if paypal has a minimal wait before disputing, but basicaly, you start a claim and the other person gets a email from paypal explaining theres a claim against them, then the 2 ppl (me and the owner of sas in this case) have to contact eachother using paypals dispute message board, a dispute can last up to 20 days, after that it automatical ends unless one of us escalates the dispute, if the dispute is escalated paypal takes it into their own hands and reads over the messages and such and makes their descission

so if im going to contact this guy itll be through paypal so that paypal have all the facts if i need to escalte it. if the person is still unwilling to talk, even through paypal then when i escalate (i will proberly wait a week or so before escalating) i should have a good chance of getting my money back, as it should be obvious hes a bad seller if he doesnt ship stuff or contact customers.

well today was the 10th working day since my order (the site says he works saturdays) and it still not shipped. ive tried phoning him twice before and no1 has picked up, ive tried 2 emails, neither have been responded to, and ive left a message on msn which also hasntbeen responded to.

so i think paypal was the best course of action. SAS may have been ok for a few people, but it seems that that owner doesnt even care for the most part, and imo if he doesnt care, he shouldnt even be running the buisness as its just frustrating for customers who want their stuff on time.

i bet if i have to take him to the small claims court (if paypal doesnt return my money if i escalte the claim) he will start responding.

• 2 weeks later...

I have what might seem a stupid question. How do you attach foliage to the vest? I don't know how much to put in each loop, and if I don't put enough, it all shifts around when walking and feels very loose. It all comes out as well, but how much is needed. I was using mostly ferns with some long grass as well.

just came across this thread.. I have been wanting a ghilli for a while now but wasn't sure about the best route to go. I think this is exactly what I want, especially seeing how Bushman uses it. One thing I noticed though when doing a search for it is that I can only find it for sale over in the UK. Does anyone know of stores in the US that sell the WebTex Ghilli Vest? Thanks.

Dist, what was the outcome of this in the end?

the SAS store owner contacted me using paypal and said the item was out of stock till the 30th (which neither the website didnt mention at all).

its now the 1st and he still hasnt shiped it so tommorow im escalating it and letting paypal deal with it. im not putting up with pathetic scum like this guy any more.

I wish I'd seen this thread earlier.

Dist, I've heard things about S.A.S.

Basically, the guy doesn't have a lot in stock, and takes ages to get it sorted and sent out. Apparently he's a decent enough bloke, but he has a lot of things to do, and so doesn't always get his orders out in time.

This is just what I read in a discussion some time back; I have never ordered from them, and as such, it's not my personal experience.

Hope you get it sorted mate.

Ben.

if he cant get proper stock he shouldnt advertise items that he doesnt even have, the least he could do is mark them out of stock.

if i had ordered a more expensive item and had the same thing happen to me i would go as far as taking a complain to the trading standards commission as that website is violating a few of the the things that trading standards say a distance seller (ie, a seller that sells over the internet/phone/tv) must have. But since its £30 ill just stick to the paypal complaint.

imo, any1 who treats customers like this (and a quick search on google finds MANY more people in a similar situation as me) is not a 'decent enough bloke'.

Hey Dist, sorry I recommended the guy, if thats how he does business :waggle: . I hope you get it all sorted and the concealment vest finally gets to you. Then it will all be worth it. Just in time for the season when foliage becomes ideal for attachment to the elastics.

The end of summer and beginning of autumn is the best time to use the concealment vest/local cam. Foliage needs to be long (grass or ferns) to stay in the loops for any period of time.

Caming up your own suit is a tense time in my world. As you are often in the same area as your adversaries who are also adding things to their ghillies/vests. Be kind to nature and do not just stand in one area and defoliate it. Walk around collecting materials from here and there and take it back to your concealment vest. Do your best to hang it on a tree or bush, try to get it to be held open (hook it in several places). Start at the top and work down.

Expect to take as much as 30 mins if you are doing the job yourself. Ferns can be harvested low to the ground, to provide a large plant that can be threaded down through several of the elastic loops. Harvest large quantities of long grass into bundles for the "undercoat". Be sure the bundles are big enough to stretch the elastic enough to stay in position.

Like this:

bundles1.jpg

Then ruffle it all up :

bundles2.jpg

Finally add some ferns for contrast and to break up the your shape.

Pay attention to detail, as once you put on the concealment cloak, its not possible to see if you are lacking cam in places. Put more on than you think as it will fall off during the day and help top break up your shape. If you skimp on local cam with this item, you are more likely to fail.

Good Hunting ;)

Thanks a lot for that Bushman. That is really what I needed to know. I find that even a small amount of camo will help, as not many of us play against such a knowledgable foe (as you guys all play together), but that is really useful. I would give you a +1 if I could :)

I only play against hunters who don't really post here. I don't play against any forum regulars, we just run this board and airsoftsniper.co.uk together. Don't get me wrong I play against dedicated/cunning foes, with almost as much experience as me, but just thought I would clear up any misunderstanding (if there was one) as regards the "team page" on the website.

Good Hunting ;)

I got my concealment vest just a few days ago, and I was really suprised at how good it worked. I spent about 30minutes, another 15minutes and it would have been perfect.

I see no reason to buy a "real" ghillie suit when you can get one of these at such a good price.

dsc04650ik1.th.jpg

DSC04653.jpg

DSC04652.jpg

DSC04654.jpg

DSC04666.jpg

DSC04665.jpg

I only play against hunters who don't really post here. I don't play against any forum regulars, we just run this board and airsoftsniper.co.uk together. Don't get me wrong I play against dedicated/cunning foes, with almost as much experience as me, but just thought I would clear up any misunderstanding (if there was one) as regards the "team page" on the website.

Good Hunting  ;)

You got me wrong there. By we, I mean't the rest of arnies, and you as in the people who play at your site (the hunters). You guys seem to play at a high level and whilst we might play at that level, the vast majority of others at our sites probably run around like highcap newbs. :)

I feel sorry for you :( . We are lucky we are all 110% motivated for the same common goal of 6mm HUNTING.

Interesting stuff THYLON. I have not tried branches before. Only way it could be improved is to add local cam to your head to break its rounded shape up. Also your photos show how optics can be what gives you away.

Had my webtex out this weekend and took some pictures... it had 30 minutes spent adding mainly grass.

S6001140.jpg

S6001145.jpg

S6001146.jpg

I'm just editing a video, FIELD TESTING the vest and putting it through its paces...

stay tuned, might be up tonight ;)

Archived