Webtex Concealment Vest

Dist

They look good, I've fancied some for a while to do my ancient favourite summer jacket. The disadvantage of them compared to the wevtex vest, is that the vest has one heck of a lot of elastics compared.

Therefore the webtex is a full concealment system while those patches are a lighter weight upper body option, in my opinion. They would allow better movement though. Just concentrate on shoulders (front and back) plus hat. Also think how you shoulder your rifle before adding them to your front.

Good Luck  ;)

Well said,thanks man.

its my only option. ;)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ladies and gentlemen.... I've got him !

got so excited! I grabbed my new boots ( gore-tex , i love them ) and started to stuff my webtex baby. after 40 min it was done and I was STUFFED with adrealine cause it works so good, it just blends into nature and breaks up human shape very good.

but I lost alot of foilage on my parents stalk course because I didnt stuffed it to much. it falls out if its not tight.

soon when fall comes, I add hessian to it and stuff it with leaves ( saw that on discovery channel about navy seal snipers )

ive only recently decided to get into a bit more of a sniper role. even though i have had my vsr and concealment vest for long time i always thought that it was going to be too much like hard work. and it is, but the reward is much better.

i spent about 15 minutes walking through my game site before the games started and just grabbing anything leafy (ferns work the best as they cover a larger area and hang off/ stick out to break up the outline)

i also used some other leaves but after a run in with some nettles i soon stuck to ferns :P

so after making a halfhearted attempt at adding "vejitasion" (vegitation for any of you none engrish speakers) i decided i had enough so went into the game.

people laughed at me....

until i gave this "expirianced player" the fright of his life when the ground errupted 10 feet in front of him and double tapped him in the chest with a pistol.

best peice of kit i ever bought. its shame i didnt use it a long time ago before i bought my fancy AEGs and plate carrier molle vests.

bit inconsiderate to go fullauto from that range dont you think.

Let us not jump the gun here, I'm only running about 300 on my mp5 and it was only a short burst. So no, it wasn't inconsiderate, we were on a defending mission and I found that the most effective way to fend people off. My "buddy" was using a bolt action only, so backing him up with full auto seemed sensible.

More considerate than: "fire a long burst to your 9 o'clock (if 12 o'clock is your first target) and sweep it through to 12, then carry on over towards 3 oclock. do this all in one. dont stop firing." Which is essentially blind firing yes?

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

yeh sorry guys,

i had an idea once, but i never got round to it, of attatching hessian to the upper part of the vest, like the hood, shouldes and upper back, using zip tyes. they are thin enough to slip through the hole and strong enough to hold it on securely. i may get round to it sometime but me thinks me needs a heck of a lot of zip tyes.

Possibly, depending on what colour they were, they are also pretty shiny and may stand out as defined shapes, I think double knot tying bits on would be more effective in the long run.

Sorry about my outburst, I was a tad squiffy on some strong lager, I'll remember not to start posting next time (possibly :P)

oh yeh, ive tied some on the elastic loops but the vest still seems really bare and patchy. im thinking ill add some darkish brown coloursso that i can use the vest in seasons when our woodland site hasnt got as much vegitation. i was wondering more on how to attatch hessian to the areas without elastic loops.

vid

this is a video recorded when i last went for a skirmish using my concealment vest, i hadnt used it for about a year and was happy how easy it was to use compared to teh other ghillies. just annoying about re adding material so i ditched it later on. plaese excuse the blackness of my mask and my hair i sprayed my mask and found out that it didnt last long >_> so i think i might opt for some scrim :)

im about middle and nearer the end the only person on the video wearing a ghillie.

Jas

• 5 weeks later...

sorry for dp, its been to long to edit.

i recently added a ton of hessian to my concealment vest to help it work in winter months when there isnt alot of vegitation in the field. after tediously cutting a small hole and tying on the hessian, i decided i had had enough. i grabbed a massive bag (it was huge) of zip ties and went to work with those. they work incredibly well because they are durable, light, and quick to add. also, if you wrap the hessian around them twice before you completely do them up, you can cover the tie completely so it wont matter what colour you use. i think i used green yellow and black.

ill try and get pictures up if i can

• 2 weeks later...

Archived