MooCow

would you consider yourself to be milsim? read first post first  

43 members have voted

1. 1. would you consider yourself to be milsim? read first post first

• yes
    • no
    • depends on the game/site
    • hell no i do it the gaming way!

True, but I dont carry around my AEG and I rarely have a spotter (unless its a really big game and then its more of a sniper pair than a sniper and spotter).

and snipers dont often go crawling into the middle of enemy bunkers to post grenades through the windows..... (which I have been known to do on occasions)

err... in BF2 they're known to call it that.

im sure youtube would explain some of it too

snipers dont generally camp to one nice spot in games too either. unless they're too scared to move or whatever.

and i never said i snipe purely by the bf2 sniper class's style. do i claymore glitch through walls to knife people?

and by saying me sniping gaming style, does it really mean every time i skirmish i become one of those omg my megahurts are better than yours?! OMG SERIOUS BUSINESS! no offence.

its also a trend i'm seeing from various different sites i've played at. first there're the milsim population that are growing back in the day. then you get the people that goes off somewhere to take photos in mid game while their team gets completely owned. now it's more noticable the people that skirmish (in my experience) that are taking things much more on a RELAXED note and have a good laugh. sure some people might take things a step too far, like on anything. it dont hurt just to have a word with him to see if you can compromise on something between you two?

err... in BF2 they're known to call it that.

im sure youtube would explain some of it too

and i never said i snipe purely by the bf2 sniper class's style. do i claymore glitch through walls to knife people?

video game ######

more video game ######

Allright, try not to take offence to this... but I dont care. This is the second or third thread in the past 3 days youve dragged into video game garbage, your a muppet that runs around with an aeg and says he's a sniper, we get it allready.

This subforum isnt a "chatty" subforum like most of the other ones, its to help organize information about a specific way of playing (that you dont seem to do or understand) since the single snipers perch thread has gotten unweildily gigantic, and I'd prefer it that the search function didnt become useless from thousands of "filler posts" that have no real point.

please respect the above or your posts may start to vanish.

Allright, try not to take offence to this... but I dont care.  This is the second or third thread in the past 3 days youve dragged into video game garbage, your a muppet that runs around with an aeg and says he's a sniper, we get it allready.

This subforum isnt a "chatty" subforum like most of the other ones, its to help organize information about a specific way of playing (that you dont seem to do or understand) since the single snipers perch thread has gotten unweildily gigantic, and I'd prefer it that the search function didnt become useless from thousands of "filler posts" that have no real point.

Er, I think it is you who needs to calm down, mate.

The forum isn't about a "single way of playing", it's about sniping, and there are many methods of being a sniper while playing airsoft. It's not just for milsim snipers or "gaming" snipers.

Infact, you seem to be on a bit of a power trip right now:

You do know you've broken a rule by insulting other members?

Please, stop acting like a know it all, this forum isn't just what you want it to be.

So just because you became a moderator everyone has to respect you acting like a ###### to those "beneath your level of superiority"? :rolleyes:

This is the second or third thread in the past 3 days youve dragged into video game garbage, your a muppet that runs around with an aeg and says he's a sniper, we get it allready.

You're a right *fruitcage* twat aren't you? ###### off, mate.

wow, loosing mod priveleges over that? tbh i agree with him and think that was a bit harsh. but, not my forum.

Not just that - Arnie felt that TDS's temperament was unsuited to moderating after several such instances.

Regardless, it is not a matter for discussion here - I was simply informing the sniper community that TDS is no longer a mod here.

Actually, it's kinda understandable Dist. Mods are supposed to be nicey-nice, and not insulting as he was. He called urban-ninja, a veteran user of the forums, FAR more veteran than himself, a muppet. That's just not on.

...Actually, I think now's a good time to ask; just who the heck is TDS?

I know U_N can be a bit hyper in his posts but the guy is a great sniper. He has a decent gun and he uses it to great effect.

In general, the use of comparisons with video games might seem a bit bizarre but, let's face it, there are very few people on these forums who have any military experience and fewer (if any) of those who have served as a sniper.

So, what do YOU use as reference material for equipment and tactics?

Books?

The problem is that military books are designed to teach military doctrine. The stuff in the books only works if you follow that doctrine and if your opfor does as well.

The people you play against on an airsoft field (mostly) have no military experience. They play in a roughly similar way to the people who play BF2 and similar games.

So, learning useful tactics in a game such as BF2 will probably be more use to you in airsoft than any amount of authentic military training doctrine.

oh wow i turn away for a few hours away from the forums to stick a load of old computer parts into the same case to get a backup puter working and all this happened over a few posts i've posted on the forums? surely not everyone's having a bad day today right?

mods, feel free to close this thread as i cant see this thread doing much good anymore :(

Archived