new VSR

Delfi

Hi all,

I have a new toy ... a VSR GSPEC with a KA M3 sight and a bipod. The choice was based on reviews and advice given on this site.

Now, bragging rights aside <_< , how do I get this firing accurately?

It fires 0.20's at 299fps out of the box which I understand is about right. I intend to use 0.25's with it.

I need to find some way of getting the hop up and sight right. Which do I try to adjust first or do I try the lot in parallel?

Is there a good procedure for this?

TIA,

D

just time im affraid,

easiest thing i find it try and hold the rifle level

fire against a dark background (wood for example) then you can see the bb easier.

put the hop to the middle and see how the bb goes, at 300fps you will be able to follow it, then adjust up/down as you see fit.

300fps with a .25 bb

id say bout 30-35m before dropping off.

id zero my scope at bout 15-20m with that total range.

not sure what you mean by scaling the hop with the scope?

That's good info, thanks ...

I was thinking that with a rangefinding mechanism the graduated hop on a VSR could be used, with a decent scope, to get greater (non linear) accuracy over a variety of (possibly longer?) ranges.

Cheers,

D

with a stock gspec and .25g, the hop will have to be set almost to the max, wrapping it in teflon tape will help, and will increase the fps slightly.

you can do lob shots if you set your scope for it, however, the bb is likely to be affected by wind and other external factors at the end of its flight path, so it will be less consistant than 'normal' shots. to do this, just set up a target at around 40-50m, set your rifle on the ground, fire at the target in prone position, first with the rifle horizontal, then point if it doesnt get that far, point the rifle slightly up, keep doing til the bbs hit the target, then zero your scope. however, if you do that, you'll probably only be able to hit targets at that range, or you'll have to aim about 2ft lower on targets closer to you, so if you want extra range, i suggest a slight power upgrade to 1J, and a tanio koba twist barrel, or a PDI 6.05 tightbore (from my own experience, 6.05 gives me much more range than 6.03, but less accuracy)

Thanks for this guys ... I've arranged for the following first upgrade to happen soon:

1x PS110 Spring

1x Trigger and Piston Sear

1x Spring Guide

I've also arranged (and will pay for) for the fitting to take place whilst I'm there so I can learn ... I may well take some photos.

I wish I could do the +1 thing but I can't yet.

Just a quick update ... the hop did have to be set to near max and, advice taken, I think the BB's are flying as straight as possible.

The scope took a little adjusting but with a bipod that's a bit easier. I don't know if people know this printable target page but it's worth a look for some useful freebies.

Tomorrow I get to shoot at some people and I'm confident that with my new radios and a spotter I can get a kill or 2.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers again all for the good advice.

D

Archived