clone guns

MooCow

anyone of you guys tried the VSR or aps copy from gunnerairsoft?

i've read the aps clone takes its own mags, is that true? can someone confirm that?

and has anyone actually got one? and own one? i've shot one myself, nothing special but i want more insight on the clone sniper rifles as the l96 is pretty damn nice.

and the VSR. apparently it's a complete copy. can someone confirm that again please?

and $5 for a spare mag. and damn they're exact copy right? i think i've found myself a new project to make vsr tracer mags :D

so any experiences with the above 2 clones from gunner, please post your review/thoughts about it. and i'll mention this again. only post the comments about those two guns if you are the owner of it. i'd rather not go 'oh yes, my friend has one i fired it and i hit this elephant in the eye while we were out in ghana 75metres away and killed it. the recoil felt so nice'

obviously i've exaggerated there but i had to emphasise the point on how genuine that piece of info is if you say it was someone else's gun and here's my comments on it after a brief use.

Oh, where did u find that it was a VSR copy?

and the VSR. apparently it's a complete copy. can someone confirm that again please?

someone from hong kong that's been to that very shop and told me. yet how much of the info he's given me is true, i dont know. hence my request for info on those 2 guns mentioned above in post1 in this thread.

as i've said earlier, i'm after genuine pieces of info. so i'd like to have a confirmation of the above comment/statement (that gun in the above link being a complete VSR copy)

and it'll also be useful for other airsofters as well to have a review of those clones as clone guns nowadays have pretty damn good quality and performance ratings out of the box. and just look at the price tag will ya?

i WOULD email gunner but as the threads and the posts gunner himself have posted. he's completely swamped in emails and sales order etc himself. so i doubt i'd get a responce quick.

bauer. do you want to find out if their mags are TM vsr10 compatible?

as i'm wanting to see if i could make a tracer mag :P which is possible :P and i'm willing to toy with 5usd to experiment to make a tracer mag.

+1 waiting for anyone that confirm that. most probably bauer anyway...

• 2 weeks later...

The APS clone is the M324 (also known as M50). Plz note that the internals are VSR clone! (TM compatible)

The VSR clone is the MP001 and isn't compatible.

The M324 is upgradeble with simple teflon mod, after mod it shoots about 400-450FPS. Deescustoms has a 6.01 TB barrel, and that's a good thing because stock barrel really sucks (like 6.14 or something)

MP001 is way better in stockform (both exterior, although a little light, as performance), but dunno about the upgradingcapabilities. If I remember correct, it has sealed piston :/

I've no idea on compatibility, but seeing as this is a clone thread, i may as well post this nugget of info here...

USR mags don't fit in normal VSR's. I tried my USR mag in Venmoch's G-Spec at AG this year, and had to use a pair of pliers to yank it out! TM mags work in the USR, though.

Just to save anyone the possible trouble of getting a USR mag wedged trying to find out compatibility issues ;)

i thought it was the other way around meulder?

Well, aparently the M324 has a cocksucking inner barrel. And in stock form it only shoots like 350FPS.

After teflon ($0.99) and tighbore it should perform very well, but then why not add a tb to the MP001? ;)

Both aren't compatible with aftermarket barrels (exept for the custom deescustoms for the M325) but you can very easely modify a TB to fit.

Overall, I recommend the MP001. Only if you really want to upgrade the heck out of it, I would take the USR11 (HFC)

If you want more info about these rifles, check ASR forums, there some good info about those babies overthere :)

I've no idea on compatibility, but seeing as this is a clone thread, i may as well post this nugget of info here...

USR mags don't fit in normal VSR's. I tried my USR mag in Venmoch's G-Spec at AG this year, and had to use a pair of pliers to yank it out! TM mags work in the USR, though.

Just to save anyone the possible trouble of getting a USR mag wedged trying to find out compatibility issues ;)

I found the oposite, my USR mag worked better in my VSR than my VSR Mags, my VSR mags are a tightfit where as the USR popped out nice and easily :D

no he means that the mag sticks in the mag well, my TM mags do that, i push the button and there supposed to drop out, buti have to pull mine out, with gloves on it can be a bit tricky. how ever the HFC mag does drop out like the TM mags used to on my vsr.

bauer, i have TM mags, you see the slit in the front of the mag, get small sharp knife, scrape the top 'crossbar' (if you like to call it that) of that slit just at half a mm at a time, maybe less. and at the back of the mag. you see a little bump coming out. smooth out the corner on the bottom side. mine now drops out perfectly :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bauer, have you got the clones yet? and have you tried out the mags etc for compatibility? just wanting to know some info on that stuff. as i'm saving up for another VSR possibly a project on it.

i'm already considering to rig up my vsr stock to a pyro det kit i might stick in there :P

Bauer, have you got the clones yet? and have you tried out the mags etc for compatibility? just wanting to know some info on that stuff. as i'm saving up for another VSR possibly a project on it.

i'm already considering to rig up my vsr stock to a pyro det kit i might stick in there :P

Hey, no sorry, my mates not done the order as of yet and im not really bothered about doing it myself.

I talked to an engineer yesterday through a friend about getting some custom work done for my gspec, left handed bolt system, basicaly as 3 new bits will have to be made, (back of reciever, bolt, and back bit of bolt) looking at around 150quid for the first run. but im going to go through with early next year.

It depends on the price. For me, belgian, the MP001 would cost about 30 euros more, that is like 40% more expensive ^^ ...

If they cost the same, go for the MP001.

If the MP001 is cheaper, go for it.

If the M50 is cheaper, go for that one.

Tightbore (dscustoms@hotmail.com to order for the M50, or any AEG barrel for the MP001 with minor modification) is a sure thing to consider, and then just wrap the cylinder nozzle and hopup bucking with some extra teflon layers (there is no aftermarket cylinder yet, some german company is said to make some EXTREME drop-in cylinders for the M50 though)

the mp001 is like £1 cheaper that the m50!

just noticed you can get a black one too!

would an m14 barrel do the trick?

hop up isnt adjustable either is it?

what gets me is that these SEEM to be as good if not better than a stock vsr! - imo that is!

are they really on a level witha a vsr?

cheers

mmm

ok - but this isnt tm compatible though is it? - does this mean that id need to buy the chinese mags too?

but can anyone recomend what to do to it?

what barrel ect?

and if anything else should be done to it?

the teflon tape thing is on airsoftsniper isnt it?

between the mp001 and the l96 copy which is the better?

the l96 specifically states adjustable hop while the mp001 doesnt!

would the l96 need the same done to it? ie new barrel ect?

cheers

Archived