clone guns

MooCow

the mp001 is like £1 cheaper that the m50!

Then it's an easy choice lol

would an m14 barrel do the trick?

Although I can't tell for 100% sure it's good, almost every AEG barrel ever made can fit the gun with a little mod. Look in the sniper's perch of ASR for the guide.

hop up isnt adjustable either is it?

Lol like DUH it has adjustable hopup o_O

what gets me is that these SEEM to be as good if not better than a stock vsr! - imo that is!

You're right. Only when you want to spend some (lots?) of cash the VSR is the way to go. But for a very decent beginners rifle, the MP001 wins hands down.

but this isnt tm compatible though is it?

Nope, no single part is interchangable without mods. That's the only advantage of the UTG, you can at least get cheap replacement parts from UTG's afterservice.

does this mean that id need to buy the chinese mags too?

Yes, they cost like $5. And with, IIRC, 29 BBs in the standard mag, and with two mags supplied with standard package, you have some ammo for some hours already :)

but can anyone recomend what to do to it?

There are two very good threads at ASR. Everything you need to know is in those two threads.

between the mp001 and the l96 copy which is the better?

MP001 (sadly enough, the L96 is sooo much more sexy :/)

ah, not heard of that one!

lol

just had a look - very informative and helpful!

will certainly be making use of that article when i have one!

now then - a spare £50 for it - extra mag or 2 and shipping!

cheers

bargain!!!!!

merry christmas all and may your god go with you!

mmm

ok  - but this isnt tm compatible though is it?  - does this mean that id need to buy the chinese mags too?

but can anyone recomend what to do to it?

what barrel ect?

and if anything else should be done to it?

the teflon tape thing is on airsoftsniper isnt it?

between the mp001 and the l96 copy which is the better?

the l96 specifically states adjustable hop while the mp001 doesnt!

would the l96 need the same done to it? ie new barrel ect?

cheers

I bought the L96 and the MP001 from Gunners and have used both in a couple of skirmishes. I stupidly broke the mag catch on the L96 straight away and that part is not available. So now I'm breaking up the L96 for spares but still have the MP001.

If the L96 wasn't broken and I was told I could only keep one and had to give the other up it would be a tough decision as they are both great in different ways but I would probably keep the MP001.

The L96 looks mean as hell but it doesn't shoot as consistantly well as the MP001 and is a bit too cumbersome for my liking. Also the hop-up is a bit annoying to adjust as you have to stick an allen key up into the barrel between the mag catch and the stock - not great if you want to adjust it in the field. The Maruzen mags fit mine perfectly so thats a plus.

My MP001 matches the fps pf my L96 (around 450fps) but I think it might settle a bit through more use. It fires consistantly very accurately. The hop-up is adjustable via a little slide lever positioned externally along side the barrel - this makes for mega easy adjustments in the field. On its own its very light but if you add a nice big scope and the bipod it is just the right weight I found. Don't know about the compatibilty of other (TM?) mags but I have found that 2 mags and a speedloader works perfectly. Someone mentioned it comes with 2 mags as standard - mine didn't I just ordered an extra one. The only complaint I have with it is that the stock is a little too short for my long arms (I'm 6ft 2in). Although its a little annoying as I have to think about shouldering a bit more, its not the end of the world.

Hope this helps

i went through the ordering on gunners and its a bit odd to say the least!

i got an email to confirm my order but i havent paid or anything!

could you please enlighten me to their strange system - or an i being an *albartroth*?

you'd vouch for the mp001 would you then trooperX?

cheers all

hope santa brings you what you want!!!

regards amsniper

I would vouch for the MP001 yes - I really like mine.

Now you've made your order, you need to wait for the guy to send you an email stating the shipping costs. Then you will need to pay him via PayPal. Once he's received your funds he'll process your order.

He is extremely busy though so you might have to wait a bit

Archived