King Arms CASV

BigRedJ

i got mine today, a really welll made bit of kit, but installing it looks like a major project!

the gas tube seems to be about 13mm too long, no biggy

the top and bottom halves of the ris are totally different colours! this would be a pain if i wasnt going to paint it.

the main problem, the delta ring thread doesnt fit on my ICS, its not jsut the paint, i think the threads are different.

I've emailed hero arms about all of it, but so far its modding time :)

i can us rthe ICS delta ring, just drill a hole in ot for the gas rod,

then i'll need to remove a little bit of the back edge so the top ris fits into the delta ring, nothing major, just a pain!

so has anyone else done this? had other problems? the barrel seems rock solid, and the materials they have used are very solid :), i;ll have a play tommorow to se what size battery i can fit in

I would think that you can easily fit a 9.6v in the handguard, in dual saddle pack config. Personally I wouldn't, because it can quite easily be seen through, but I suppose the battery could be made to stand out less with the good old Tactical Duck Tape.

My Gas tube was too long for me aswell, however mind was a Boom Arms CASV, strange that they were both like that.

Just out of curiosity what colour are you going to paint it? Im thinking a nice tan paint job for mine some time down the line: CASV, pistol grip and Crane stock.

If you have any pics of the mods you have to do to fit the CASV Id be interested to see them :)

Oh, very well done ICS. I presume you are ICS the company, if so congratulations on your total lack of help for BigRedJ and what can only be seen as taking the p#ss.

By the way, and no offence to BigRedJ, but as Sale says, your multi-piece outer barrels and barrel nut are cr#p. Take a look at CA, G&P etc.

Nice one.

I was talking about the King Arms outer barrel. It's one piece, but the middle part is too thin. They should have made it out of steel for rigidity, or thicker above the barrel (as the battery is under it), if they wanted to retain the possibility of using a battery inside the handguard.

-Sale

Oh, very well done ICS. I presume you are ICS the company, if so congratulations on your total lack of help for BigRedJ and what can only be seen as taking the p#ss.

By the way, and no offence to BigRedJ, but as Sale says, your multi-piece outer barrels and barrel nut are cr#p. Take a look at CA, G&P etc.

Nice one.

err ok, calm down stop taking substances, i was talking about the kings arms casv on an ics, and you turn it into a slam ICS flame.

stop it! i was only asking for input not trying tp turn it into a "you should have got a CA" gun debate, there are plenty of those...

anyway back on track, i'll take a few pics later of the mods i've done to make it fit.

If you had not noticed I was in your support for ICS's total lack of help in their post towards you. If you can't see that then stopping drinking meths in the morning.

You have completely missed the point, I was refering Sale's post and ICS's total lack of help and in turn tried to benefit you by berating them.

If I had written your post and got their responce I would still be like, "what the bloody hell is that?".

A kick up the *albatross* of any manufacturer for our benefit is where I stand.

Forget it.

anyway, back on topic...

I got everything together, and had a few emails form uncompany. they confirmed that the casv doesnt fit the ICS, nice even though on other sites it only says it doesnt fit CA.

BUT what they said doesnt make sence.

all they said was that the receiver was an inch different to marui, but the top fits? its the delta ring that has the wrong thread. the rest is fine, a bit more filling on the one edge and it will fit like a beauty.

one last bit i idnt bank on, the inner barrel is now far too long! so that will promt the tightbore i was going to get.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I've just found your thread and wondered if you managed to get the CASV onto your ICS as I'm wanting to follow the same route. I'm willing to omit the gas tube as it seems that it was the major problem and reusing the original delta ring.

Just wondering if the delta ring will interfere with the casv at all if I use the original one on the ICS.

Archived