Your Questions

TheBauer

Right people,

Bushman said that it might be a good idea to do some interviews of some people. Now i need some questions that every body asks, such as what is the best gun. of course the answers will be the opinion of the person being interviewed but other questions such as whats your top tip for a player starting inthis role or the such.

Post your questions and after weve got a few ill pick 10 to be used and ill send a few emails out to people. the article will be up on Airsoftsniper.co.uk once completed.

Maybe you could ask some questions about people's knowledge of internals of guns, and they're ability to troubleshoot? If I understand what you want the questions for, that seems to me like a good thing to ask...

I don't know what you could ask about them though, because I don't know like, anything about the internals! :P.

do you use a different scope for different situations? (i.e. different lighting situations)

do you conseal your weapon with anything? if so, what with? and is it effective?

do you have your mags with different ammo for different ranged shots?

do you have a lazy man's guide to clean your hop/barrel? (i use a rollie filter with a tiny drop of silicone oil, stick that down with a jam rod thing and shoot it out, repeat with a dry one, fire a few shots to test it)

is soaking the hop rubber in warm water to get the poop and grease off it a good idea? rumor has it that the hop rubber expands more than the ###### on it and grease floats. seems a good idea.

will think of more soon

What times zoom do you use?

What are your favorite BB's

Do you use Full ghillie , Upper body ghillie , or just head ghillie? ( if at all )

What is your favorite rifle platform?

What type of terrain do you play in?

which of the following do you use as a backup? GBB, NBB, AEG, SPRINGER, or AEP.

What BDU pattern do you use the most?

Well thats all i could think of right now.

Godbless...

What times zoom do you use?

What are your favorite BB's

Do you use Full ghillie , Upper body ghillie , or just head ghillie? ( if at all )

What is your favorite rifle platform?

What type of terrain do you play in?

which of the following do you use as a backup? GBB, NBB, AEG, SPRINGER, or AEP.

What BDU pattern do you use the most?

Well thats all i could think of right now.

Godbless...

1. My scope can do 3X-7X, but i usually have it on 4X

2. Well currently i am testing .29 Maruzen Grandmasters, and .36 Straights

3. No ghillie

4. Um well i have only have the USR/VSR platform, but want to experiment with the T96

5. Mostly Bush, over here in NZ

6. GBB KSC USP45 Fullsize

7. NZ DPM (Only one :P )

1. 3-9x used mostly in 3-4 times

2. i run .25s

3. No ghillie in urban, (ocasionally i dress up as a brick (JK) in woodland, upper body/back guillie and rifle wrap.

4. Running an upgraded SPR based on a classic army m15, getting an l96.

5. streets and buildings and wasteland in urban, woodland is normally forest and deforested open ground and fairly hilly.

6. aep g18c, my baby (kwa g19 metalslide), ocasionally, none, sometimes the spr gets me out of tight spots with my friend semiauto.

7. US woodland, black, dpm, and Flora (amazing for uk late summer and autumn)

Okay... trying to think of 10 questions which could form the basis of an interview AND evolve solid information...

1) Do you go for effectiveness or authenticity in your load-out and why?

2) Do you think the majority of games allow snipers to perform in an effective way? If not, what would you change?

3) What do you think is an effective load-out for a sniper? Is it worthwhile loading up with spare mags and back-up weapones etc?

4) Do you only play as a sniper on your home field? Do you think the home-field advantage means more to snipers than other players?

5) Do you prefer gas, spring or electric guns? Why?

6) Do you make use of comms to work with the rest of your team or do you play as a stand-alone unit? Do you make use of comms to report enemy movement and act as a scout?

7) Do you use a full ghillie suit? Is it worthwhile? How often do you get in situations when it matters?

8) realistically, what range would you say most of your kills are at? What's the longest shot you'd try to make and what is the minimum range you'd think of shooting at? What power is your gun?

9) Is sniping a skill or is it the application of the correct tools? Do you snipe with a stock gun and rely on skill or do you spend time modifying your rifle to give you the biggest advantage?

10) Do you think camouflage actually works? At the ranges airsoft takes place over, is there actually much point to ghillie suits etc? Give examples.

Okay... trying to think of 10 questions which could form the basis of an interview AND evolve solid information...

1) Do you go for effectiveness or authenticity in your load-out and why?

2) Do you think the majority of games allow snipers to perform in an effective way? If not, what would you change?

3) What do you think is an effective load-out for a sniper? Is it worthwhile loading up with spare mags and back-up weapones etc?

4) Do you only play as a sniper on your home field? Do you think the home-field advantage means more to snipers than other players?

5) Do you prefer gas, spring or electric guns? Why?

6) Do you make use of comms to work with the rest of your team or do you play as a stand-alone unit? Do you make use of comms to report enemy movement and act as a scout?

7) Do you use a full ghillie suit? Is it worthwhile? How often do you get in situations when it matters?

8) realistically, what range would you say most of your kills are at? What's the longest shot you'd try to make and what is the minimum range you'd think of shooting at? What power is your gun?

9) Is sniping a skill or is it the application of the correct tools? Do you snipe with a stock gun and rely on skill or do you spend time modifying your rifle to give you the biggest advantage?

10) Do you think camouflage actually works? At the ranges airsoft takes place over, is there actually much point to ghillie suits etc? Give examples.

1. Effectiveness. Why um, wanna get kills :P

2. In here in NZ, Yip. Bush games allow for very good spots

3. KISS. Rifle, Sidearm, mags(not too much), and possibly a camelback.

4. I basically play sniper anywhere, unless CQB.

5. Spring. Again KISS

6. Dont have a comm :P

7. I dont have one. But have seen one, Very effective, if you dont move :P

8. Um most of my kills are at about 30m (On stock spring); With the upgraded spring, i havent tried yet. The FPS of mine is, with the upgraded spring is about 500fps.

9. Realistcally, i prob am a bit more of the second than the first, but am trying to get sneakier.

10. Camo does help. Um examples on ghillie, i got none.

Hope this helps

People do seem to miss the point mate your absolutely right :D

I think it is important not to forget the purpose of this area of the site.... What I interpret Bushman to mean is questions that allow people to discuss their slant on the game and the type of game their into. This being the case I think we need to avoid questions that end up being a "show off your kit" list.

That said there have been some great points raised here.

I suppose the angle wants to be leaning towards....

Years experience in the game? A BRIEF! history?

What's your ideal kind of game format? Discuss?

Ideal span of game time? discuss?

Favorite season for gaming? Discuss?

Upgrades or not? Discuss (Trying to avoid what upgrades as the type isn't really as important more the players view on this aspect of the game)

What Ghillie do you find effective, strengths and weaknesses?

Favoured tool in your toolbox? Why?

Your homeground terrain? Preferences? (Taken from Boardslides post, an important point I recon ;) )

Choice of Cam? Elaborate?

If I were to bannish an aspect of the game it would be.......

My two penneth anyhoos.... :)

I must say I like the questions from STEALTHBOMBER AND BOARDSLIDE.... oh and DODGE too :spidy: although part of your questions suggests not just an interview but a profile of different players.... and their styles/opinions/techniques.

Must say that this is looking very promising and perhaps more of the website could be based on interviews or questionaires? Maybe 10 questions is not enough. Perhaps 12 or 15?

The site is designed to be a resource for all sneaky players; so maybe it could allow easy entry of data by visitors. That data would then have to be cleared before it was published. Perhaps you can submit 1 picture aswell????

would need a bit of coding i guess to set up.... <_<

Keep it going ... you non full-auto types ;)

I must say I like the questions from STEALTHBOMBER AND BOARDSLIDE.... oh and DODGE too :spidy: although part of your questions suggests not just an interview but a profile of different players....  and their styles/opinions/techniques.

My favourite bits of AI or SZ were the player/site-owner interviews.

Related to your website, what you want is not just for people to find the site and look at it BUT to keep coming back as well.

What about asking people on here to submit 1000 words (BY PM) on the subject of sniping and then post the best ones on your site?

Get 20 such essays and you've got over a years worth of material for your site to use at your leisure.

I don't mean to abuse these forums but, if I was you, I'd refuse to use anything people have previously posted on here. You want stuff that people HAVE to go to your site to read. Maybe essays about tuning guns, kit or just a report about a good days skirmishing.

I'd read anything that changed every few weeks and was sensibly written. :)

Cheers Stealth Bomber,

Some of the information on the forums is VERY good though, problem is finding it.

Im liking the idea of a community where people can submit there own article, im going to look at the PHP coding side of that probably use a PHP template and go from there.

• 4 weeks later...
I can't work out if you are being sarcy or not so: have you tried clicking the link to the whole article?

http://content.airsoftsniper.co.uk/?p=25

parts are a little sarcy, but thats who i am. every thing is in jest with me.

edit:

sorry just realised you were talking to TDS.

yes, when you go to a category it gives you the title and a small part of the post, click the title and indeed it takes you to the full article.

Archived