Should I get ICS or CA?

eod

For the ICS, it ensures the spring is in the full forward position, so as to not leave it compressed and lose power, and so you can take it apart without the semi compressed spring flinging the upper mechbox back into your face :)

I'm sure ICS will be making a fortune from selling new tappet plates to people who open the gun without pressing the FA.

If you open the gun with the spring partially compressed the piston shoots forward and, if it does it hard enough, it could pop the front of the cylinder forward and, potentially, damage the tappet plate.

I've done it once and I was ###### myself in case I'd damaged anything.

There's nothing in the manual about this but there should be something in huge writing telling users that they MUST press the FA before splitting the receiver.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What other reasons to buy the ICS would i have apart from the forward assist and split gearbox then?

Well, the 2 part barrel means it should be easier to adjust so it fits different foregrips, RIS kits and M203s and the stock is supposed to be a replica of some fancy after-market Bushmaster one. The stock is actually a bit better than a standard M4 stock cos it's got a standard sling swivel on it rather than the dodgy set-up on a standard M4 stock.

To be honest, though, if you're looking for justification of why you should buy an ICS gun then you're probably better off buying a nice black CA gun instead.

For me, it's like choosing to buy a Ford model T instead of a Ford Focus. It's a whole step up the evolution of AEGs.

Well, the 2 part barrel means it should be easier to adjust so it fits different foregrips, RIS kits and M203s and the stock is supposed to be a replica of some fancy after-market Bushmaster one. The stock is actually a bit better than a standard M4 stock cos it's got a standard sling swivel on it rather than the dodgy set-up on a standard M4 stock.

hehe, sure if you put a positive spin on things. ;) On the other hand the 2 part barrel could potentially be a liability for wobbles, and I like the standard M4 stock than the sling swivel, which doesn't seem as sturdy.

To be honest, though, if you're looking for justification of why you should buy an ICS gun then you're probably better off buying a nice black CA gun instead.

For me, it's like choosing to buy a  Ford model T instead of a Ford Focus. It's a whole step up the evolution of AEGs.

That's a bit exaggerating, isn't it? ;) I'd say it's more like a 99 Ford Focus to a 2004 Ford Focus. :P

i got my eyes on the new CA CQBR the one come with crane stock~ but now i need to search for the handle on it [yea, i like the handle as well] but the only place that sells it its A2, and it's 69.99 ><'' come on..it's handle =.='' i properly swap the front vertical grip with someone for the handle :P

hehe, sure if you put a positive spin on things. ;)  On the other hand the 2 part barrel could potentially be a liability for wobbles, and I like the standard M4 stock than the sling swivel, which doesn't seem as sturdy.

Honestly, I'm not trying to put a spin on anything. I've never even looked at a TM M4 barrel up close. I have no idea where the barrel wobble occurs. On the ICS M4, however, the 2 halves of the barrel are connected with a threaded join and there are 2 (or maybe 4) grub screws which are tightened to stop anything moving or twisting. It's rock solid.

As for the stock, I dunno what to tell you. Personally, I think half (or more) of the bolt-ons you can buy for guns are utter cr@p. People just buy them because a clever advertising campaign suggests that they are, somehow, new and improved. The fact is, for better or worse, the ICS stock is one of these goodies. It's a replica of an upgraded stock.

Personally, I don't give a toss if it's a fancy part or not but I genuinely have found the sling swivel to be a lot more user-friendly than the 2-slot set-up on the standard M4.

Must admit, I reckon that one of those dinky little brackets which fits to the front of the buffer tube is probably the best way to attach a sling but the ICS stock is definately a step up from the standard M4.

That's a bit exaggerating, isn't it? ;)  I'd say it's more like a 99 Ford Focus to a 2004 Ford Focus. :P

When did TM bring out the M4? How much has it evolved? How much of it's career has CA spent knocking out copies of that same design?

If CA had made a copy of the Model T Ford in 1901 (or whenever) I bet they'd still be selling it now, albeit with a titanium chassis and a 400bhp engine. ;)

As I say, again and again, I think anybody (even a CA fan) would have to admit that the ICS gun definately is a more advanced product. That doesn't detract anything from the CA gun though.

Personally, I'd rather have a 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo than a 2005 Subaru Impressa WRC. :)

i got my eyes on the new CA CQBR the one come with crane stock~ but now i need to search for the handle on it [yea, i like the handle as well] but the only place that sells it its A2, and it's 69.99  ><''  come on..it's handle =.=''  i properly swap the front vertical grip with someone for the handle :P

Yep, I like the CQBR quite a lot, but not enough for me to replace my M15A4 Carb. :)

Must admit, I reckon that one of those dinky little brackets which fits to the front of the buffer tube is probably the best way to attach a sling but the ICS stock is definately a step up from the standard M4.

Yep, I like one of those, and you can just use a one point sling. :) But don't have one. :( Anybody got a spare and want to get rid of? :)

Archived