OK lets see.

i purchased the VFC hk416 from Airsoft GI about a week or 2 ago.

416-14main.jpg

416-10__1main.jpg

(pictures taken from HK)

Ok well.. here we go.

The gun came in a huge brown box from UPS. opened it up and there was the all mighty VFC Hk416. or VFC416 =[

Opened the box and the gun was packed neatly. Gun and mag shown. Loading tool and manual was hidden in the back.

The looks:

The gun came in a FLAT matte black finish. White trade marks and safety. Red semi auto and auto. Since this was the US model... i had VFC trade marks =[ which means no "HK" Trade marks what so ever. The outter barrel looks like it did not get the same treatment the body got because the color is not correct. (pics will be added later )

The Feel:

Well when i looked at this gun it hought it will be heavy. Picked it up and it was lighter then i expected. a little lighter then my Brothers CA m15 CQB (has Rail covers, Madbull Ris fix, Flip up, Silencer, Crane etc... maybe thats why its heavy).. well the finish felt really nice and the overall gun feels really sturdy. The RAS or RIS is made out of one piece CNC machines aluminum i believe. the RAS seems like it is a freefloat and it has no barrel wobble what so ever. It connects to the body nicely by fitting into its slot just like the real steal. to be honest its almost 1:1 to the real steel. examples

-How the RAS fit onto the gun

-How the mag release is put on adn taken off

-Bolt release feature

-gas operation part

-single screw take down for the RIS

etc.

pulling the bolt is something to love. it feels so nice and sounds louder compared tot he marui bodies. The pull is harder due to its stiffer spring and when the bolt locks it makes a nice click sound. Pressing the boltrelease is always fun but its a shame that VFC didnt make the bolt go all the way like the real hk416 or m4. The stock feels cheap and it wobbles (Shame) and the grip feels kinda of cheap.

well thats the external lets go into the INTERNALS!! YAY :D

Gearbox looks cheap and is slightly different compared to the regular v2

IMG_1752.jpg

Gears look upgraded since it has the holes heh. it also has the auto shim feature (springs) VFC could have done a better job on shimming..

DSC02329.jpg

Spring is supposibly as strong as the m100. its a tad bit longer compared to the m100.

IMG_1757.jpg

Piston is clear plastic just like Angel. dont know if its strong or not but it took a 11.1 li-po with ease.

Piston head Aluminum and Ported. The compression is not as great as marui but i guess it gets the job done

IMG_1755.jpg

Cylinder/head/nozzle Cylinder and Cylinder head and Nozzle is just like marui but i think marui is better.

Spring guide Nothing much to say. cheap black plastic

Bushing 7mm Black metal!

IMG_1754.jpg

trigger wire unit loosk really cheap. The block itsell looks like a hand made sanded downpiece of plastic.

Tappet place Clear plastic like Angel.

IMG_1756.jpg

well thats the gearbox...

THe hopup unit is Clear plastic as well. and i believe the hopup bucking isnt that great since my bbs seem to arch down for some reason when the hopup is turned on.

IMG_1761.jpg

well thats the boring stuff unless your a tech person.

loading the mag

The magazine is GREAT! i mean if you dont have the tool well.. your screwed. but turning the wheel is a breeze. i think i can fully charge the spring in maybe 5 seconds. and i heard it will last you till the end of the mag. the finish of the mag is shiny =[...

Lock and load

pull the charging handle... pop in the mag... smack the bolt release... hehe nothing sounds better then that. :)

Semi

<pull trigger> WEE PA..

<pull trigger> WEE PA..

<pull trigger> WEE PA..

<pull trigger> WEE PA..

awww :( why so loud =[

Full auto

<pull trigger> WEE PAPAPAPAPPAPAPAPAPAP

<press mag release>

aww mag doesnt just fall down bummer...

the motor is loud. kinda like an ICS. also it gets warm and hot quick! i later swapped it out for my Systema Super torque up.

i know letters dont really explain much about the sound but ill try to get a video up.

for some reason the bbs dont fly far, maybe the hopup sucks.

well thats about it.

ill get more pictures later

Edited by pingpong
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$420US for something with the hopup sucking, dodgy 'appearing' tappet and piston. And a non-reinforced gearbox? I don't think that this looks like a good start at all.

Power? start with the cylinder. Get more straight away.

Lipo? nice.

I agree with the above... this seems rather disappointing considering the excellent externals that the gun offers.

::Runs to a corner and cries::

This review broke my heart... :( I was going to sell my P90 and AK47 to get one of these. Now seeing this review I think I'll pass.

Damn, it looks so nice though. <_<

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

Flip up =]

IMG_1791.jpg

Barrel Taken down

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

The bolt

and drumroll please!!

th_HK416movie.jpg