Hi, can anyone say how are the new VFC Hk416? Mostly in the inside :)

I don't know hat exactly you mean by the "new" VFC HK416, are you talking about the Umarex version?

If so, yes, I owned that last year and it was a pile of epic fail, bought it on a whim combined with a rush of blood to my head, the realisation that I paid nearly £400 for an AEG decorated with Umarex marketing blurb made me pity myself for the fool that I was. I still feel dirty thinking about it.

If you are talking about revised versions of original VFC HK416, then yes, I currently own that too, purchased recently through WGC.

I was lucky enough to be browsing WGC's website in the early hours of the morning when I noticed they had a few brand new HK416 DX's for sale. These come rear wired now to the stock so no more battery boxes.

I am glad to say that the externals are still as sublime as ever and the majestic trades just make me feel like fapping.

Unfortunately, upon opening the gearbox, the internals are still made from apple crumble, looking, feeling and sounding just as delicate. Trigger response is non existent.

Unfortunately, my financial situation is only slightly better than Greece right now so upgrades (new hop, complete GB internals, MOSFET, TBB) won't be coming until Christmas, but I'm happy just cradling it every night.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Bladerunner, apart from being a humours fellow you also seam to know a thing or two about the 416 DX's hence I have a question, as I have just received one of these bundle of joys myself. What mags work with this as my PMAG's don't and as lovely as the hand cranked mag is I shall not be using that on the field of play ? I'm also pretty sure my G36 mags wont work either ! Is it also common for the gear box to lock up too as mine has after about 4 test shots ? :(

If you need Magpul goodness, the only thing that works are EMAG's.

King Arms plastic M4 mags with HK markings actually work the best but they're not the most aesthetically pleasing.

So far, I have plinked about 1000rds in the garden, GB hasn't locked once, as I've stated before, trigger response is glacial and IMHO, all the internals except the GB shell need upgrading.

Maybe the motor is wound too far up the GB's "albatross"?

I'll try loosening it a little, I can feel the motor trying to turn when pull the trigger. I'm thinking of buying this http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=30031 as a drop in (I'll drop the spring down obviously)? Would it be a good replacement ?

Might be a bit of a PITA to get a ready to drop GB in the VFC if you want to keep the cosmetic bolt lock function.

If you really want to go down that route, go for a G&P setup inc their 120 motor.

My plan is to keep the VFC GB shell and change the inner GB parts.