I have a completely different take on the internal.

self shimming gears, aluminum piston head, vented holes. Polycarb piston, tapplate doesn't seems that bad, nozzle looks like a CA. And self shimming gears. I only replaced the spring guild to a bearing spring guide. Dropped a M110 spring and now the gun shoot 390fps!!!

It's got a pretty damn good seal.

Sure the hopup unit is polycarb as well.... I think some people just expect more metal for the money you pay and not expecting to see "Clear Pastic". Personally I still think it's a good deal.

By the way, the body is lighter is because it's aluminum. Unlike CA pot metal.

Edited by allizard
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say anything about the internals but pingpong seems overly negative, I'm going to go with allizard's feelings on them.

I have the DX and my only complaints are that the mag is a ridiculously tight fit, RIS paint seems to be very easily scuffed and the outer barrel has a very strange finish that seems to leave the factory worn and scratched. You can see it in pingpong's photos, it's not noticable unless you looked closely but you would be might ###### if the reciever came looking like that too.

Edited by Doncommie

its not that im overly negative about it. its just... for $4xx it should have been better.

as for "is it worth the money"

somwhat yes and somewhat no.

No because no metal hopup, non reienforced gearbox, noisy gearbox etc

Yes because BOLT RELEASE! YAY! superb metal body, realistic gas thing, etc

but yea. for $4xx i expected something superb.

thats my 2Cent

I've tried several red dots/reflex site and mount, they all fit fine, no wobble =]

Mine also has all the HK Markings, individual serial no. and all - no sign of VFC markings anywere... it's an EXACT replica! =] Fire's nice too. I havn't takin mine apart down to the gearbox yet, but i did swap the large barrel for the short to put the shorty muzzle on. This meant just going down to the HOP, which thanks to VFC's well thought out design, was an absolute breeze.

Takin it out for it's first shoot on saturday and i can't wait :)

I for one, have no complaints about the VFC HK416 whatsoever, I'm over the moon with it =]

I think the only AEGS that don't get trades are the ones that are destined for the US. The ones we get in Canada all get Trades as well.

I'm glad to see there are actually some people that are happy with their HK416.

Hey Pinpong, just curious, your post said that you were using a Crane Stock & Battery but in your video the wires appear to be connected to the PEQ Box.

Throw a Pro-Win in it, new stock, teflon wiring... Done.

Start with a HurricanE kit.

Not wanting to ###### on any parades but that is one of the biggest piles of doo doo I've seen. That gearbox is pathetic for something this price. I'd be sending it back if I'd made the mistake to buy one. They couldn't even stick in a metal hop. What a joke for a 'custom' gun costing this much.

If this is the DX how can they downgrade it anymore to have a none DX model?

Even more glad I got the HurricanE kit.

As for the Prowin, I tried one. They're nice but they're not worth all the hype and the extra money. TM V2 gearbox with sensible upgrades is more than adequate.

The HK trades on the non-US models don't look right either. It's a poor quality 'replica' all round.

I await the first mine's buggered and snapped and the gearbox is trashed threads.

Let's remember that in the US you guy's want to go up around 400fps+ and that box just isn't going to take it so you're shelling out already.

The gear may have holes in it but that's for weight and to avoid sinkage when casting. It doesn't mean it's upgraded just becaue it has holes.

IMO its worth the money. Externally its well put together from what seem to be quality materials, and I've had no problems so far operating wise.

The proof of the internals will be in their durability and that won't accurately be known until people have put many thousands of rounds through them (or not as the case may be!).

Having said that I don't think it represents the best value gun available by any means, and there clearly seems to be room for improvement. However I think thats to be expected from a relatively new producer of complete AEG's, and softened by the fact I hear there customer care is fantastic (i.e. sending people replacement parts..).

Not wanting to ###### on any parades but that is one of the biggest piles of doo doo I've seen. That gearbox is pathetic for something this price. I'd be sending it back if I'd made the mistake to buy one. They couldn't even stick in a metal hop. What a joke for a 'custom' gun costing this much.

Dude, are you looking at the same gun that I am? The US trademarks are "off" because they have to be, it cant be real trademarks and still get into the country. "Poor Replica"? Its exactly how the real gun is down to the gas tube (normally hidden, which shows you how much they care), hell even the bolt stop works. No other AEG besides a PTW can say that.

Internals bad? Its got a metal gearbox, metal gears, aluminum cylinderhead (never seen a stock AEG with that before). Maybe its not a bombproof set-up, but it looks as good if not slightly better than most other stock gearboxes, far from "peice of doo-doo" which I would only reserve for LPEG boxes. Who cares if its non-reinforced, neither are most standard boxes, why should this gun be any different? Non metal hop-up, why should that matter? The hop-up is not a high-stress unit, there is no need for it to be metal. Thats like complaining that my mouse isn't full metal so it must be a piece of ######.

I really think you need to get over this idea that this is a "custom gun" Newsflash, its not. Its a standard production AEG just like every other Standard production AEG. It doesnt have any fancy electronics, or titanium gearboxes. The reason it costs $400 is because its the only complete model of a very popular gun, and the only other option to obtain such a gun would be to buy a $500 kit + components, thus it is limited and they can charge a lot. Not to mention $400 isnt all that much considering run-of the mill CA m16s run that much. For anyone wanting a HK416 this is clearly the best value, no matter what. Even if you replaced every internal this would still be less that the Hurricane kit ($400 for the externals vs $500 for the externals)

Why are people complaining this gearbox isn't reinforced? It's a V2, it doesn't need to be built like brick at the rear, it just needs to be strong at the front. Ok so the window isn't filed like a CA for example, but it wouldn't be a huge effort to file it.

The VFC piston isn't too bad at all, I've read about people running them on 12 volts, and vfc removed the 2nd tooth in the mold which is clever.

I don't understand why people get excited over the piston head. Yes it's aluminium, that's hardly a great thing, alu head just transfer more energy to the shell reducing its life. VFC have used the same piston, head and gearset in all their AEGs I believe.

On thing that really puzzles me is why VFC use a 7mm gearbox with those self shimming gears. The only reason I can see as to have a 7mm gearbox is so people can use ball race bearings if they wish, however you can't couple ball race bearings with those self shimming gears because the spring give axial force to the bearings, reducing their life. It's almost as though VFC expect people to swap out their bushings and their gears.

Ice

No doubt the VFC is a very sexy gun. This resulting disappointment on taking the gun apart is probably the result of how hyped the gun was before it even appeared. There are SCAR / HK 416 threads from years ago!

To be honest, $400 for the gun, which most people admit has one of the best bodies around, is still a nice snag. Sure the internals might not be the greatest, but really who's to say? The internals might run through 50,000 rounds and never have a problem... or they might ###### out after 1,000 rounds... We'll all have to wait and see.

The issue of the non-metal hop-up is rather rediculous... many guns don't have metal hop-up. It isn't a high stress part... I mean, I love to just sit around all day and twist the dials and knobs and other jobbies of my hop-up until they snap off, but, heh... I'm a weirdo.

Edited by Gigueand

i was 11.1 li-po on this gearbox with a systema super torque up and a m100...

works fine! too bad my connectors fused together for some reason and it didnt stop shooting untill the battery was disconnected. gearbox seems strong but i dont know how heavy of a spring it can take.

i just hope my gearbox wont crack because i dont know if they have a replacement yet.