• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no theres no laser in the peq box.

anyways my first game with the hk416 turned out quite well!

good range and ROF.

gun was easy to move with and run with with the peq.

the only prob is i dont know how to adjust the sights.. yes i aim hehe ;) i dont know how to adjust the sites going up or down. also i dont know what the numbers are on the rear sights.. because the holes all look the same heh.

anyways yea successfull game with the hk416!!

now on the buy list...

Pistol grip

New stock

Hello,

I'm definitely thinking about buying one of these, but I need around 400FPS to be able to compete with the people I play with, so do you think this setup would work well?

- VFC HK416 (obviously ;))

- PDI 150% spring (would a 170% be too stressful on the gearbox?)

- Systema silicone piston head with bearing

- Systema spring guide with bearing

- Guarder hop-up bucking

- Hurricane battery stock with 9.6v battery

Based on what I've read in this thread, I'm hoping that the stronger spring, coupled with these parts, would still give me a reliable rifle. I definitely plan to upgrade more extensively later on, but this is already stretching my budget as it is so I probably can't go much further right now.

Sorry for semi-hijacking the thread, and I would greatly appreciate any feedback, especially from those who own the rifle! :)

i'm still waiting for mine pingpong but when i ordered it i also ordered a new stock do you think it will be easy to rear wire with out changing the trigger switch?

shouldnt be hard to rewire the gun because its just like a regular V2 BUT modding the back part of the body is tricky since it metal.

to alpha54: u dont really need all those upgrades since the gearbox is prepgraded.

all you really need is..

the Spring for higher FPS

Battery

and the bucking.

but having those other upgrades is goood..

i dont know whats 150% or 170 since ive used systema mainly but.. the gearbox should holdup quite well with 400-450 maybe. beware thats over the forum limit ;)

Ah I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of that (my fault). Around 400 is the norm for the people I play with here in Switzerland.

I would edit out the values but for some reason I cannot edit my posts - please take note that I will not mention this again, and I hope this great thread will stay open! :)

Death By Cadbury: Thanks a lot for your help!

Sorry for the double-post, but I had another quick question: how well do you think the bun will "balance" with the battery in the stock? I really don't want to use a PEQ, but I don't want a gun that is overly "back-heavy" either! :)

the balance was fine. i used my friends peq battery and everything felt nice. i didnt even feel one side being heavier or anything.

n yea.. 1 joule spring is the forum limit.

To install another stock on this AEG such as a G&P Crane Stock (which is what I'm going to do) you need to cut off a portion of the buffer tube from the metal receiver.

As for upgrading to get a higher FPS, since the bushings already appear to be metal I would just swap out the spring and get a better spring guide as well.

I have not had much luck with PDI springs. They are very inconsistent. I tried a Prometheus spring for the first time in my MP5 and loved it. I have ordered a Systema spring for the 416.

No clue, lol.

Are there 4 apertures?

I know the MP5 has 4 different apertures. All I know about the 416 is that it only has one-sized aperture, but turning the drum adjuststs elevation. Does it just have one aperture, or does it have 4 of them all the same size?

Doesn't the manual cover this?

Edited by sekiryu