New Purchess

Apex

Well i finally took the plunge and orded the rifle and it sould be here in a few days.

Now i know theres a hell of a lot of bits avaible for this range of rifles, am not looking to massively upg the rifle just wanting advice on the best bits to get first.

Now am looking at a bi-pod, any recomendations ?

Scope, any recomendations ?

Ammo, any recomendations ?

Inner barrel, hop, spacer recomendations ?

Drew

Congratulations on a good choice of rifle.

First up inner barrel,

3 choices:

Laylax 303mm (6.03mm) this is the same size as your current rifle inner barrel meaning you can remove the silencer and use the rifle without the silencer on.

Laylax 430mm (6.03mm) this inner barrel will run into the silencer meaning it will need to stay on all the time.

PDI 6.01mm Inner barrel, Super tight, nothing but glowing reports on these, will give you my view after the weekend once ive used mine, twice the price but supposedly more accurate over rage due to the increase in tightness.

The hop on the VSR is pretty damn good, you might how ever want to PTFE tape it to improve the air seal and allow for extra hop adjustment, guide is here: http://www.airsoftsniper.co.uk/VSR/hopadjustment.php

Barrel Spacers again help, but if your getting the 430mm inner barrel, then the silencer adaptor will work as a spacer.

Bipod wise, you can get either a VERSAPOD (like the TM bipod, clone i think) or a Harris Style bipod, ive not owned a harris style, but i like the look of them more due to the way they sit on the rifle, nice and flush, ill be ordering on in a weeks time :)

To upgrade to 1J youll just need to get a Laylax SP100 Spring, and need to drill a small pin on the front of the cylinder to unscrew the cylinder head.

Enjoy your new rifle dude.

Cheers m8, i've been looking at the gspec for the last 6 months or more.

I had researched quiet a bit on what i could do for the setup and i had consided most of the other rifles on the market, in fact i would say the ammount of bits you can do was rather daughting at first but then i've managed to strip and compleatly rebuild my ak serveral times over so this shold be a doddle

Drew

The hop on the VSR is pretty damn good, you might how ever want to PTFE tape it to improve the air seal and allow for extra hop adjustment, guide is here: http://www.airsoftsniper.co.uk/VSR/hopadjustment.php

Hey man.

About that PTFE tape.

I went to the big hardware store, and they didnt have any.

So would teflon tape work as well??

Thanks

Cameron

you'll be damn suprised on how easy it is to take apart and rebuild a VSR. it's a piece of cake.

ammo wise, depends on what power you'll be using it with... i mean im on 500fps and i use .30g and they're not too bad... im thinking of going heavier but £15 for 3000 rounds i cant really complain.

Hey man.

About that PTFE tape.

I went to the big hardware store, and they didnt have any.

So would teflon tape work as well??

Thanks

Cameron

"Teflon" tape is PTFE tape. PolyTetraFlouroEthanol tape, to be exact.

And, as the name suggests, it's a lubricant rather than a sealant. You can wrap anything around the hop-up to seal it. The only good thing about PTFE is it's thin so it can accurately be wound into tight spaces.

Personally, I'd suggest using varnish to seal the hop-up but, meh. ;)

the ptfe tape is not as good as with the utg/de m50 mod, but if i recall correctly its not the same mod.

the ptfe tape is only really worth doing if you intend on using ammo heavier than .28, although doing it with a lower fps rifle wouldnt cause the rifle any harm and may even increase range slightly, may still be worth doing.

i thought the whole point in the ptfe mod was to increase hop adjustment, mainly needed when using heavier ammo, this then resulting in you having similar range to when using lighter ammo. so surely doing it when only using lighter ammo in the first place can be a plus ?

give it a try mate and find out :D can always be put back to how it was before.

I'm afraid I'm going to play the "caveman card" and say dont touch it......

Put say a 3 - 9 x 42 Wide angle scope on it to help against tunnel vision and go and game.....

Once you know what its capable of, then look at upgrades if you see it necessary. Its the classic dont wear your coat inside cause when you get outside you wont feel the benefit ;)

Nice choice of rifle by the way :)

PS dont forget to cam it before you game :P

Is there any point taping the hop if your not having trouble with it (im only firing around 380fps at the moment)? Is the boost in fps worth it like in the UTG or the DE M50?

its not the same mod, if you followed the link you will see :)

the ptfe tape is not as good as with the utg/de m50 mod, but if i recall correctly its not the same mod.

the ptfe tape is only really worth doing if you intend on using ammo heavier than .28, although doing it with a lower fps rifle wouldnt cause the rifle any harm and may even increase range slightly, may still be worth doing.

i thought the whole point in the ptfe mod was to increase hop adjustment, mainly needed when using heavier ammo, this then resulting in you having similar range to when using lighter ammo. so surely doing it when only using lighter ammo in the first place can be a plus ?

give it a try mate and find out :D can always be put back to how it was before.

Spot on, it basicly improves the airseal but mainly to gain extra hop. :)

Agree with DODGE here... Getting to know the bog standard rifle is indeed the best approach as creates your benchmark performance, to compare after any "upgrades" are fitted.

Later, I guess you need to decide if this is a high end rifle 400-500fps with minimum safety range of around 20m (This is all down to your site's rules and typical terrain.)

While if your site has denser terrain, then factory standard will do the job as you get the added benefit of being as near silent as spring rifles get plus can shoot up close which is sometimes the order of the day.

Start off by just learning the rifle is the best approach IMO for any new gun/system. Walk before you can run...

oh and onto bipods. I agree that many designs are useless and too heavy for Airsoft ; as this is their purpose on a real firearm to stabalise the shot. However if you look around for a lighter aluminium version for an Air rifle you can avoid the problems of almost dead weight. You need to have a swivel bipod to work on uneven ground, fixed versions are near useless; as without the gun being level when fired, accuracy will be poor due to sidespin. I got my bipod for £15 posted off ebay... second hand, but never fitted before. Bargain Hunter :D .

I bought the bipod for a higher end gas rifle but have used it on my stock G-SPEC too. It is not essential for shooting at shorter ranges and of far more use on a higher powered and longer ranged rifle. The main edge it gives you is that your rifle is ready on an extended ambush and you can relax more without supporting it . Plus if you have a bipod it reminds you to get down on the deck to consciously use it. So pick your spots to suit it's use and height. Try to buy the lowest bipod available is my advice and the marui style ones are way too tall from what i can make out.

Must admit of the very few mod's/upgrades I did to my APS2 MK2, the best was making the hop actuator bigger to gain extra HOP. This really opened the range up for a 110% spring rifle (320fps) and if the VSR tape mod does the same then it could solve the only gripe.... that you just wonder what abit more HOP would achieve.

Very busy on the third edit of the "6mm LONE HUNTER" film now .... :headbutt:

Good Hunting ;)

Getting to know the bog standard rifle is indeed the best approach as creates your benchmark performance to compare after "upgrades" are fitted.

Later, I guess you need to decide if this is a high end rifle 400-500fps with minimum safety range of around 20m (This is all down to your site's rules and typical terrain.)

While if your site has denser terrain, then factory standard will do the job as you get the added benefit of being as near silent as spring rifles get plus can shoot up close which is sometimes the order of the day.

Start off by just learning the rifle is the best approach IMO for any new gun/system. Walk before you can run...

oh and onto bipods. I agree that many designs are useless and too heavy for Airsoft ; as this is their purpose on a real firearm to stabalise the shot. However if you look around for a lighter aluminium version for an Air rifle you can avoid the problems of almost dead weight. You need to have a swivel bipod to work on uneven ground, fixed versions are near useless; as without the gun being level when fired, accuracy will be poor due to sidespin. I got my bipod for £15 posted off ebay... second hand, but never fitted before. Bargain Hunter  :D .

I bought the bipod for a higher end gas rifle but have used it on my stock G-SPEC too. It is not essential for shooting at shorter ranges and of far more use on a higher powered and longer ranged rifle. The main edge it gives you is that your rifle is ready on an extended ambush and you can relax more without supporting it . Plus if you have a bipod it reminds you to get down on the deck to consciously use it. So pick your spots to suit it's use and height. Try to buy the lowest bipod available is my advice and the marui style ones are way too tall from what i can make out.

Must admit of the very few mod's/upgrades I did to my APS2 MK2, the best was making the hop actuator bigger to gain extra HOP. This really opened the range up for a 110% spring rifle (320fps) and if the VSR tape mod does the same then it could solve the only gripe.... that you just wonder what abit more HOP would achieve.

Very busy on the third edit of the "6mm LONE HUNTER" film now .... :headbutt:

Good Hunting  ;)

Thanks for the tips m8 :)

Tapping my fingers at the mo waiting for rifle to show up

Drew

• 2 weeks later...

Archived