Own Firearms?

PILMAN

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Norinco M1911A1 in .45ACP with orange dot sights, ed brown national match videki trigger, and hogue monogrips

HPIM0867.jpg

Marlin 336 in 30-30Win

HPIM0862.jpg

Hi-point carbine in 9x19mm

HPIM0708.jpg

German Mauser G98 in 8x57mm the idiot who owned it before me spoterized the stock

G988x57mm001.jpg

Heritage rough rider .22lr/.22wmr single action revolver

Picture003.jpg

also have a remington 597 in .22lr and a remington 870 magnum express synthetic which is a 12 guage 2 3/4" or 3" shells

i see you guys are arguing about class 3's, a class 3 is a weapons dealer liscense which allows to selel and distrubute any type of firearm. In montana you do not need a class 3 to purchase one, you only need to buy the gun, pay a $200 tax on it, and have the local sheriff ok the purchase and you have youself an automatic firearm, sawed off shotgun, silenced weapon or whatever your little heart desires. i dont know about other states though.

Norinco, cheap and chinese ;)

Very popular here in canada.

Hell, it beats paying the price of the american equivalent, but I wonder if you get what you pay for ;)

The STG44 is not rare.

Alot of people think that just becuase their gun was manufactured 100 years ago that they are worth a shitload of money. Most of the time the truth is, that this world has ALOT of guns, and I mean alot, meaning that what you think is rare, 1 million other people own it even though its 80 years old.

Some guns are rare indeed, becuase there were only a few produced, but most designs that were used in any of the wars in the past century are quite common.

I own firearms, but they are in South Africa. Whenever I am there, I carry concealed. I have a Vektor CP1 and a Baby Browning. Each gun has to be on its own license. These days you will battle to get more than one gun in any of the three categories: Sporting, hunting and self-defense. You are basically stuck with one handgun, one rifle, one shotgun unless you are a collector or a farmer in a remote area.

Norinco, cheap and chinese ;)

Very popular here in canada.

Hell, it beats paying the price of the american equivalent, but I wonder if you get what you pay for ;)

Yes you do, and then some. My norcino M1911A1 is every bitas well made as the WWII era colts and remington-rands. My dad used them for 12 years in the military and says the norinco is the exact same in everyway xept it comes with white dot sigts(re-painted them blaze orange) You dont see many norinco M1911A1's in the US cause we stopped importing htem and everyone who owns them wont usually sell them cause they are half as cheap and just as good. perfect project guns too.

Yes you do, and then some. My norcino M1911A1 is every bitas well made as the WWII era colts and remington-rands. My dad used them for 12 years in the military and says the norinco is the exact same in everyway xept it comes with white dot sigts(re-painted them blaze orange) You dont see many norinco M1911A1's in the US cause we stopped importing htem and everyone who owns them wont usually sell them cause they are half as cheap and just as good. perfect project guns too.

Some are great, some are so-so.

The Norinco M-14s have problems with the bolts being too soft... nothing that can't be replaced though. It's also wise to check the head space on them.

But once all that is sorted, they're wonderful firearms.

Yea I've been told that the ATF has a ban on all norinco 'copies' and us citizens are not allowed to import them at all.

I've been looking at their sks rifles and they're soooo cheap, like 124$cndn cheap non-restricted. However they look like a *fruitcage* toy hahaha, still I'd probably pick up a couple of them if they ever get them in stock for more than a day.

Yea I've been told that the ATF has a ban on all norinco 'copies' and us citizens are not allowed to import them at all.

I've been looking at their sks rifles and they're soooo cheap, like 124$cndn cheap non-restricted. However they look like a *fruitcage* toy hahaha, still I'd probably pick up a couple of them if they ever get them in stock for more than a day.

Can you guys get the M59/66 under a non-restricted title?

edit, spelling

Some guns are rare indeed, becuase there were only a few produced, but most designs that were used in any of the wars in the past century are quite common.

Not that many MP44s were made, and the fact that the end of the war cut off their production didn't help either.

Can you guys get the M59/66 under a non-restricted title?

edit, spelling

Yes as long as it falls under four catagories.

1. The magazine is limited to 5 rounds max (any more and its prohibited and then no civy can own it)

2. The barrel length is greater than 18.5" (18" is allowed for common gun manufacturers such as winchester, remington, etc. If it is manufactured with a barrel length of 18" it is non restricted. If it is modified to 18" it is restricted.)

3. The overral length is not any less than 26"

4. The model is not 'prescribed' as restricted. (this means that there is a list of guns that the canadian government classifies as restricted and prohibited. If the gun make is on this list then it is restricted/prohibited. The AK47 design is on the prohibted list, so even if its overral length and barrel length/mag cap fall into non-res catagories, it doesn't matter)

So yea, the SKS is classified as a non-restricted weapon, that means you can take it hunting, to the field, or anywhere you want for that matter. You can leave it by your bed or in your kitchen, it just needs a trigger lock.

The law can get very technical, I'm always checking the cfc website becuase new things always pop into my head when I'm looking at firearms. Any modifications that I plan to do, I always check to see how it changes the gun and if it falls under a new classification. You have to or else if your caught you get fined/goto jail.

Archived