Wanted: APS2 owner.

Stealthbomber

Right,

As you may or may not know, I bought one of those chinese L96s which is rumoured to be, basically, an APS2 with some cosmetic changes to the receiver and stock.

I'm not sure this is correct.

What I want to do is take my L96 to bits and photograph all the parts. I'll post the pictures here and I need an APS2 owner to comment on the pictures and tell me if the part in question IS compatible with an APS2.

Key issue: You WILL have to know your APS2 inside out or be prepared to take it to bits to help. If you don't know what the breech end of your inner barrel looks like, and can't find out, then you won't be able to help.

I don't mean to sound bolshie but there's a helluva lot of BS flying around about this gun and I'm hoping to sort it out for good.

Basically, I only want to hear 1 of 3 responses to each picture.

#1: That's the same as an APS2.

#2: That's different to an APS2.

#3: You couldn't take a decent picture to save your life. Show me a better picture dumbass!

I DON'T want to hear "Umm, I think that should fit if you...." or any of that stuff. I'll post the pic's. You tell me if the item in the picture is the same on an APS2.

I'll take pictures, include measurements, do whatever you need to get a DEFINATE answer.

I could also use a few pictures of APS2 internals, just out of interest.

So, anybody up for it? Anybody want to help sort out the truth from the BS?

since people that apparently owns all sorts of guns have suddenly decided they either cant be bothered/dont have the gun anymore...

i'm going to ask someone i know for sure that has an APS (2 infact) to come to this thread. post some pics up stealth... i'll also stick this on my local site's forum and ask him for a bit of help. it'll come in handy because if i do end up getting a clone l96 i'd like to know the compatibility on an APS gun and stuff... so i can try his parts before buying it :P

I have the APS II Type 96, what you need to remember is not everyone is willing to strip a gun down and document it for the sheer hell of it, this is going to take alot of work and a set of callipers and other measuring devices to make sure everything is identical. That also goes for thread directions!

I have the APS II Type 96, what you need to remember is not everyone is willing to strip a gun down and document it for the sheer hell of it, this is going to take alot of work and a set of callipers and other measuring devices to make sure everything is identical. That also goes for thread directions!

I think hes looking for the regular APS-2 mate.. ;)

• 2 months later...

Archived