Webbing

justjoe

hey,

after deciding that i will remake my ghillie, at the moment its a poncho and i am not fond of it as i find it too cumbersome, i am going to ghillie the back of some jacket and trousers to the same style of my poncho, and use the hat from my poncho.

i am also thinking of having some webbing, as when sniping alone, i never usually carry any, just stick magazines in pouch thats on my cheekpad.

i am now thinking of having a belt kit, having the belt actually on the trousers not over the jacket, then plce ammo pouch's and water bottle pouch attached, with suspenders holding them up to avoid embarrisment :P

im just wondering if this is the best method of using webbing whilst wearing a ghillie, so:

What webbing do you use when wearing a ghillie?

I use a belt kit, originaly i didnt have a yoke but before the last time i played i fitted a yoke (bodge job) to my belt.

i have just now added veggie hoops and 'some' hessian to the shoulder area of the yoke to break it up and so i can add natural veg for when im using my head ghillie.

heres a picture of me in my belt kit with yoke:

dsc00500ch4.jpg

dsc00501uh7.jpg

Ill get some photos at the weekend of the adjustments ive done. looks better imho

i use a ALICE belt and shoulder harness, with a buttpack with a couple bits and pieces in it and to hold my concealment vest when its not in use, and a canteen either side of the buttpack. i also have a holster that goes with the belt but its not wide enough to holster my m92, i guess it only fits a 1911.

was thinking of getting a camelback to replace the 2 canteens but it wouldnt be easy to attach a camelback to the shoulder harness as it has the 2 shoulder straps but only 1 strap going from the 2 shoulder straps to the back of the belt, where as 2 back straps would be easier to attach a camelback.

I'm gone end up using a MOLLE belt, I reckon. I've yet to actualy use my rifle in a game, but It'll get used soon! :D

As it's a USR, it takes the weeny VSR mags, so I'm going to be using pistol mag pouches, and popping them in there. I Just have to hope they fit! Better than using my PLCE, though - I'm not going to be carrying around tons of mags, so if I put them in my double ammo pouches, well, there's gona be a lot of rattling.

the plan is basically to carry as little as possible; I don't want to be too loaded down to move if I get spotted and have to run, do I? ^_^

I personally dont use webbing and use my pockets on my '95 shirt and pants but I have considered making some form of belt kit with a few pouches, maybe 2 mag pouches for the the sniper rifle, when I get a pistol, stick the drop leg onto that system with my pistol.

For a hydration system I would use a camelback and also a waterbottle on the belt kit with a small first aid kit just in case the brown smelly stuff hits the spinnin thing.

i have heard of snipers using chest rigs which they put on there backs while lying down or using it to support there rifles which sounds like a good idear to me you can carry quite a few mags and water and any other random little bits of kit you can fit in to the pouches

I currently use a TT molle belt with 4x HSGI pistol mag pouches, 2x PMP MFP pouches and 1x TT Radio Pouch.

I used to have some HSGI suspenders too, but once I stopped carrying 4 weighty Hi Capa mags, I didn't really need the support on the belt anymore. I've tried it twice in the field with just the belt, and it sits quite nicely with little movement. Having my shoulders completely free of webbing straps is also a bonus as it keeps transitions between my VSR and MP7 cleaner.

I am at the stage where I am as lightweight as possible, while still having space for the neccessaries. I have however pondered switching one MFP pouch to more HSGI pistol mag pouches, as I currently have my 3 vsr mags not including the one in, held loose in there which can make grabbing a non empty one tricky when under pressure.

Hmm.. Sounds similar to my plan. I want tog et some of the Viper MOLLE kit, simply because it's cheap - three pistol mag pouches with a VSR mag in each, and a small utility pouch to act as a place to store empty mags.

Drop leg holster strapped to my thigh, too, so I have something to fall back on!

Without going too much down the real vs replica road, if you can opt for getting stuff from the US, the minimal price difference between Viper and real deal alternatives is pretty minimal :)

Obviously at the end of the day though it is down to personal preferences. I figured that being I was buying any particularly big amounts of kit the costs of non repro stuff were worth it, and I treated myself !

OOhh... I do like the look of those nade pouches.And, as you say, it'll save me from having to buy a whole new system ^_^

Hmm... Real MOLLE from the US is just as cheap, you say? Hmm. I'm going to have to look into that... If you're right, and it's as cheap as the viper kit, then I may get that, unless I stick to my PLCE :D

It might not be the case for everything, but for example my TT molle belt cost ~ £16, the Viper one in this country is £15. HSGI pistol mag double pouches ~£13, Viper double is £10 (for two singles).

Obviously you have postage and potential tax, but the quality made it worth it for me. I got my stuff from OPTactical :)

I use really old WYVERN WEBBING. A belt, yoke, 3 utility and 2 single ammo pouches. They all press stud together. I have a poncho roll too that my sleeping system goes in. I rate this stuff higher than PLCE btw.

Here you can see the webtex concealment vest quickly stuffs into 1 of the pouches...

gallery_7641_671_227171.jpg

I keep my AEP mags and batteries in a jacket pocket with shell loops...

gallery_7641_671_142610.jpg

shows it unladen other than the vest, with 3ltr camelback...

gallery_7641_671_46075.jpg

front view of my deep winter rigg....

gallery_7641_671_11017.jpg

The idea is to stuff it full of grass...

I also have a FLECKTARN SAAV that cost me £12 posted off these forums and it is a good enough piece of kit for extended games as you can carry a fair bit in it. Also the side loops on the water compartment are genius and allow easy fitting of goretex or sleep kit. Many snub their noses at it's cheap price, but so far it's been durable enough for me.

2006_0617Lownorthcamp-2days0067.jpg

Good hunting ;)

Archived