Sniper story

Sandman

Please let me know if there is any spelling wrong:

Last weekends Mil-Sim experience, nothing really good, but interesting and I had a great time. The game was with approx 60 players, so just a regular game in proportion to last but one Mil-Sim game with about 120 players attending. I was the only participant on my team, and since I was playing sniper as usual, I was most out alone. I had all missions that should be played through the game, so I was all ways informt about what and where things would take place. Really a good thing since I had no radio, a real disadvantage when operating as sniper!

A part of some few kills I had no real valuable target (ore worthy :P) before the second day: The opposing forces would launch a attack on my sides base camp, I was given a hint to move to a place where the enemy had a chance for sneaking in on us from the very left. The terrain down there was mostly swamp, there have been built small trails through it some places. I quickly found a good shooting spot, and I was blending in well with my ghillie suit, I had a clear shot down a narrow trail, made of wood. It was dividing march and thicket, making it only possible to walk back and fourth on it. With a sound-mine in the very end of the trail and a few other players laying up on the road as backup for me, it was impossible for the OpFor to get where I lay.

I was waiting for more then an hour, before something happened, I had been thinking of following the trail up to the other side of the swamp because it seemed that the OpFor had chosen the main way to camp. I discarded the thought and decided to wait another ten minutes, just as the first movement appeared. A figure was visible from about 70 metres ahead, slowly moving and highly alerted. The target knew just as I did, that this was a bad place to get caught in an ambush. The first was a very familiar person I knew, when I realized that it was him, the regular rules for an head-on ambush, like shooting the last guy first where out of my mind. There where two more guys following the first, also people I knew, and valuable targets there where! I quickly decided to shoot the first guy and then later try to get the others. I waited for the first guy to walk just in front of the mine before I shot him, right in the chest. I reloaded quickly and shot the other guy on the arm(the backside), as he was getting up after diving down after the my first shot. The last guy first ran and the returned fire, as the players on my side also began to open up on the trail.

Nothing fancy, I could have waited for the mine to go of and maybe we had shot all 4 of them, if I had shot the where last OpFor, and not the first. But the first one was the best one IMHO, so I just shot him, knowing it would make my day.

normalmeu42oq7.jpg

^Need camo cream, but is forgot it home...

Cheers, Sandman :)

nice stuff dude!

and liking your ghillie and rifle wrap job you've done. slightly off topic, does the stuff at the end of your barrel affect the shots at all? i'm always careful not to have anything near the end of the barrel when i'm putting stuff on my rifle.

I can't edit my orginal post for some reason :(

Here is a little more corrected version, I am really not that good at english due to I have dyslexia(I mainly write this to get better).

Last weekends Mil-Sim experience was nothing really good, but it was interesting, and I had a great time. The game was with approx 60 players, so just a regular game in proportion to last, which was a Mil-Sim game with about 120 players attending. I was the only participant from my team, and since I was playing sniper as usual, I was mostly out alone. I had all the missions that should be played through the game, so I was allways informed about what would happen and where things would take place. Really a good thing since I had no radio, a real disadvantage when operating as sniper!

Except a few kills, I had no real valuable target (or worthy ) before the second day: The opposing forces would launch a attack on my sides base camp, I got a hint about moving to a place where the enemy had a chance to sneak up on us, from the very left. The terrain down there was mostly swamp, and there had been built small trails through it some places. I quickly found a good shooting spot, and I was blending in well with my ghillie suit. I had a clear shot down a narrow trail, made of wood. It was dividing march and thicket, making it possible, only to walk back and fourth on it. With a sound-mine in the very end of the trail, and a few other players laying up on the road as my backup, it was impossible for the OpFor to get to the place I was lying .

I waited for more than an hour, before something happened. I had been thinking of following the trail up to the other side of the swamp because it seemed that the OpFor had chosen the main way to our camp. I discarded the thought and decided to wait another ten minutes, just as the first movement appeared. A figure was visible from about 70 metres ahead, slowly moving and highly alerted. The target knew just as I did, that this was a bad place to get caught in an ambush. The first was a very familiar person I knew, when I realized that it was him, the regular rules for an head-on ambush, like shooting the last guy first where out of my mind. There were two more guys following the first, also people I knew, and valuable targets they where! I quickly decided to shoot the first guy, and then later try to get the others. I waited until the first guy walked just infront of the mine and then I shot him, right in the chest. I reloaded quickly and shot the other guy on the backside, of his arm, at the moment he was getting up after diving down, because of my first shot. The last guy firstly ran but he then returned fire, as the players on my side also began to open up on the trail.

Nothing fancy, I could have waited for the mine to go off and maybe we would had shot all 4 of them, if I also had shot the very last OpFor, and not the first. But the first one was the best one IMHO, so I just shot him, knowing it would make my day.

@urban-ninja: Nothing is in the front of the barrel, I had attached some grass, it only look like it is close to the front of the barrel :)

Should I post my story there too, TDS?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived