hope up chamber

BigRedJ

Really? I was at the understanding, that only ICS hopup units work in the ICS m4. When mine broke, while waiting for my new one to arrive, I had a systema hopup lying around, metal, and tried to get it to work, didn't. So I tried to modify it to work, didn't work. Maybe I'm just a hardcore believer of "only ICS hopups work" and I'm not trying to be cheeky about it, but if you have a metal hopup working in your ICS m4, what brand.

You have to dremel/file some parts.. Really simple.

Any idea which parts and how? I'd always been under the impression that the ICS hop had a longer feed tube than any on the other M16 hops I've seen. Could you recommend a Dremel bit or file to stretch it out?

You have to dremel/file some parts.. Really simple.

I have a G&P Metal chamber in mine but I broke my gun so I really cant say how well it works.

I would suggest getting a prometheus strike chamber though.

I'm not scared of modification to fit, i've just fitted the CASV set and that was MAJOR to fit!

I'm not scared of modification to fit, i've just fitted the CASV set and that was MAJOR to fit!

I'd like to see how it looks with the CASV. Any pics?

Also, the spring on the outside of ICS M4 hop that I presume acts as a sort of buffer? Can I live without it as I've just mangled mine putting the inner barrel back in.

I too have broken that little plastic "C" clip that holds the chamber on and went through the same process that you are and when most people told me that the ICS AR series hop was one of the best, i found out that Zero One can get hold of ANY replacement part from ICS. It may not nescessarily mangled said spring but not completely. Although it doesnt work properly, it does work, but as long as you have a part number, you can give Zero One a call and get a replacement. I got a replacement

I too have broken that little plastic "C" clip that holds the chamber on and went through the same process that you are and when most people told me that the ICS AR series hop was one of the best, i found out that Zero One can get hold of ANY replacement part from ICS. It may not necessarily be on their website, but f you give them a call, they can definitely get hold of one for you. And dont be worried about cost, it'll cost more to get it to you than to actually buy it!. And I have also mangled said spring but not completely. Although it doesn't work properly, it does work, but as long as you have a part number, you can get a replacement.

Edit: You don't NEED a part number, you're alright as long as you can describe well enough what it is that you want.

Archived