Gear Help

UMGuy

Hey,

I am interested in getting some gear. I would like something that can adjust to all sizes and is molle compatible.

I also want at least

-2 pistol mag holders

-Molle

-Woodland or OD green

-Adjustable

-Web belt loops

-Preferably not over seas.

And that is pretty much it.

I do not need the m4 mag holsters or a crossdraw pistol holster, but if it can be removed and comes with the vest, I wouldn't mind removing it myself.

I was looking at something like this. But I am a little unsure about the quality.

I also need to be able to put these on. At least 2.

I have a budget of around $100 on just the vest.

Any suggestions are welcome. +1 are available for those that help a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Well youve taped the TT web site already, my highest recomndation would be to get a 2 piece MAV with the X harness, your 2X UMP pouches, and a utility pouch.

However you stated you'd like some web belt loops, TT does make a full on vest or you could get a set of these:

http://www.highspeedgearinc.com/products.asp?cat=18

HSLD suspenders(should be on top) which work great with a chest rig or any thing else. I have them and when I use them there great.

PM/ post if you have any more Q's.

KM

Thanks for the help so far.

Kingmob3, that looks great. I might wait on the X harness and utility pouch because my budget is not that big yet. But everything else looks great.

I am still going to have to work it out.

Now, as for color. I play woodland a lot, but the woodland patern is not available and the UMP pouches are not available in OD green.

So, which color shoudl I get this all in? Black? Tan? (I will not get ACU pattern).

I ahve heard that tan gear works in woodland, but I live in Washington, we are talking about dense, rich, green and brown forests here. Shoudl I get it in black? But then during the day will I stand out too much?

You could always get an OD vest and have black pouches. As long as you keep it uniform then it actually looks alright and helps to break up the solid colour of the vest. However, that effect is negated if you completely cover the vest in pouches. :D

Good point. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

I was reading over the UMP mag pouches and it says they connect with long malice clips. So, what are they and can they fit onto a molle vest?

• 2 weeks later...

Cobalt, your mistaken on the malice/ Alice clip issue. You can use the Alice pouches, however malice clips were designed for use with mollie systems. The short malice clips are 3 in which would allow for the attachment of Alice pouches, however they would flop up and down. Not a good idea.

KM

Archived