• Kimbers (ditto to above)
    • FAMAS
    • Mac 11/10
    • L85
    • F2000

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted L85, because it is truly ugly, aside from the Star AFV. But I would also vote AK's & Armalites because they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO played out. Given I own both and like them, but I've also tried to make them unique, as hard as that is.

I have to say, sometimes I think our tastes are informed by our exposure to popular culture. Me, I love the MAC-10, and I know that comes from Escape from New York and Scarface. My admiration of the MP5 stems from the SAS giving it the greatest advertisement in the world at Princess Gate in 1980 (whatever happened to straight mags for the MP5?) and from Die Hard. M60? That's easy, the Rambo films. The Vietnam-era M16 because of Assault on Precinct 13 and Dawn of the Dead. I have a fondness for the L1A1 for personal, nostalgic reasons (the same ones that cause me to loathe the L85).

And because I'm such an old fart, I detest every assault weapon design submitted from 1990 onwards. Except for the G36c for some reason.

As for Glocks - pistols without hammers? I'm never getting used to that. :no:

The AUG was also in Die Hard ^_^

I think I like the newer, "futuristic guns" because I'm younger. Also, the P90, AUG, F2000, etc, are streamlined, and minimilistic--take the Armalites' receiver for example: there are lots of angles, lines, and so forth.

With the AUG, it's very clean and has minimal angles and lines. The F2000 has a beautiful curve to it's foregrip.

Ugly, hell yes. Cool? It's an underwater assault rifle, how can you not love THAT?

Unique doesn't matter to me. Some unique things are ugly. Some widespread things are beautiful. Sometimes it's the other way around. Uniqueness has no bearing on appearance.

The F2000 to me is ugly as sin. The curvy-ness of it, the grips, the overall outline, and the details, or lack thereof. To me it is, as the title of the thread says - hideous, a monstrosity, a crime against gun-kind, something Chuck Norris can't even look at without his eyes burning out.

Remember that: Chuck Norris can't look at F2000s because they burn his eyes with ugly.

But in spite of all that, the "this looks better than that" is possibly the most pointless thing ever. It really is NOTHING more than personal preference - you can't have "experts" on appearance. I mean, there's art experts, but even then I think what they say is a load of garbage. That is, I don't care about the "statement" it makes if I just don't like it. But I'm getting off topic with the art - the point is, it's all opinion.

Voted for glock, they're terrible (just my opinion)

I don't like the SCAR though, reminds me of a butchered SIG =( Those AKs with thumbhole grips are extremely ugly too, as is the P90. I guess I just don't like thumbhole foregrips in the front, I love them on stocks though =)

The F2000 to me is ugly as sin. The curvy-ness

Ironic, since men usually like curvy women :P

I'm attracted to curves. That's probably why I'm the only Japanese student who prefers the curvy Hiragana alphabet to the stiff, sharp Katakana alphabet.

Having a gun that looks like a toy may not be such a bad thing. You point it at the bad guy, and he's probably going to hesitate long enough for you to shoot him because he's thinking, "what the HELL is that thing?!"

How can you hate GLOCKs? AUGs only look right with a GLOCK as a sidearm. The KSC/KWA G19 has to be the most economic sidearm on the market. How can you hate that?

Personally, I don't like the TM FAMAS. It's just far to plastic and the internal designs feel ancient and out of touch. An effective system, no doubt, but it's getting old and should be retired.

People have said that my G3SG/1 and USP .45 Standard are ugly. Guns are supposed to be bland and clinical. My G3 looks very sexy with a metal body and scope, and my angular USP can outshoot any fancy pistols like WA 1911s.

Archived