Imperial Guard

Was looking at the whole Imperial Guard (Cadian) look earlier and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the old style UK Police riot body armour? Particulatly the torso protector with shoulder pads.

Also I was wondeing what sort of carriage kit you think would go well for a guardsman.

Thanks

171617681_297f7933f3_m.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its www.adventure1.co.uk unless you want to buy Thai property :P

if they supply ARU and SAS ill run naked through the streets of london...

thier an amataur surplus and camping outfit with some plce, and a covert stab vest... theres no useful gear there for a imperial guard loadout, or any, unless you want a sweedish cooking set, or a overpriced steel m1 helmet...

I would say pick any Vietnam or WWII era uniform... then make some armor out of ABS or PVC plastic (breast and back plate for a basic Cadian-style load-out)... mold an Imperial Eagle onto the breast plate... take a blocky gun (G36 with VN mags, T-65K2 with VN mags, HK416 with VN mags, G3, FAL, FNC with VN mags, M14, SPAS-12, &c.), throw some webbing on (under the armor) and, poof, insta-guardsman. Sidearms should be worn in belt holsters and should be of WWII vintage or a block machine pistol (ie: MP7, MAC-11, Skorpion, &c.).

This basic guardsman can be easily modified for virtually any world by changing the color of the utilities, spray-painting the armor various colors or patterns, changing the pattern of the armor, completely omitting the armor all together (for Catechan, Valhallans, Tallarns, &c.) or increasing the amount of armor (for Kasrkin and Stromtroopers), varying the headgear, honor scrolls and Holy symbols for more seasoned units, Inquisitorial units, more zealous units, &c.

<_< Great. Now I want to do an IG load-out instead of a KSK load-out.

Of course... once you get down to it, anything would work, given the amount of variability that there is within the Imperium... so long as you've got an Imperial Eagle somewhere prominent, you should be fine. (Or a Chaos symbol, if Traitor Guard.)

In His Name

just get some ww2 russian kit and an iperial eagle badge from GW

oddly enough Valhalla by Manowar just came on winamp as I read that... It must be a sign...

that aside though, that'd be bloody good idea though... might get a little hot in the summer though! ;)

if i were to go down the cadian route I'd probably make some original armour from fibreglass to get the look just right...

don't bother with body armour, you want ice hockey armour, it gives you the pectoral plates and the sholder guards, the stomach is usually free and you can crylon it easily.

for the helmet, a shelmet (sp?) would look right for a cadian, you can use a paint resi for the mask.

fatigues. just standard BDU's plain colours would be better tbh like sand (especially if your going for the pic)

high leg boots, then webbing belt with pouches (alice is fine, or OD PLCE) you can use a yoke if you want but its up to you.

good luck building the lasgun.

pete

If anyones interested i'm doing a deathworld loadout unfortunately i'm missing abit of muscle for it but never mind ill have to work on it,after this i'm going for a death guard of krieg look so i'm going old russian gas masks and stuff for that one.Ill get some picks when i'm done.

Thxs Viral.

Aw ######! I am thinking up names for my team (Currently just referred to as Imperial College Airsoft) and Imperial Guard was the best name so far. Damn you for beating me to it ;)

Although.... as long as we are seperated by the large pond .... . Mwahahahaha *rubs paws together* !!!

Archived