Imperial Guard

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't know if this has been sugested but why not do a light infanery role unit from the IG some thing like what the tanith are described as in the gaunt's ghosts book's? , they don't use carapace armor but use a softer verson some thing you could use real world armor/plate carrier covers to simulate

I've done 5mins in my CAD program to get the basic eagle and now I'm gong to sleep. Here is a pic of what I've done so far, measurements are in mm.

EDIT: size isn't important on this as I can scale it to what ever we want when I output it, but I figured I'd put the scale in anyway.

post-21157-1165538894_thumb.jpg

Someone change the record, this one seems to be scratched :P

Seriously though We've mentioned having light troops. I think it would be a good way to build up as you progress through the team.

New members are Light Infantry (Tanith) need a beret with cap badge, uniform and webbing.

Middle members are Heavy Infantry (Cadians) need body armour, a helmet and some form of backpack as well as the above.

Senior members are Grenadiers (Stormtroopers) need arm, leg and face protection; and maybe a box-mag for their guns as well as the above.

We'll of course need a smattering of Officers, Sergeants and maybe a Commissar or two for good measure. ;)

CobaltSky: That eagle looks fine except for the eye it needs to be on the left hand head. Right so everyone who is serious about this PM me and we'll get it organised.

I too am off to bed but look forward to seeing Imperial Glory furthered tomorrow :D

OK. I've costed up the stickers and it comes to £6 per 25 sets: a set includes 2x weapon/helmet size and 1x armour size. So 25p per person not including postage costs to you. Postage would be 32p plus envelope and a piece of stiff card to keep it flat during transit. Probably £1 per person altogether.

Its cheaper per person if I buy 5m rolls of vinyl but we wouldn't need that many just yet.

I realise it isn't much but I'm not a charity and I'm still doing this at cost.

I can do a max of A3 size at a time so if we make a banner then the biggest components must fit within that.

post-21157-1165597355_thumb.jpg

I think the team should be Cadian styled but not actually Cadians. We'll work out a name once we're more organised. Those Eagles look like they'll be spot on Cobalt, nice work B) I'm planing on making purchases of things like uniforms, badges and patches in bulk once we have at least one complete squad.

A little late to answer on this, but I still have a Steel Legion and Cadian army [at my age :)]

Just a conple of changes I'd suggest on kit :)

Cadians

-Black, British army boots

-Tan BDU style shirt and trousers (these are nearly exactly as shown on the models)

-Black webbing belts to hold mags. Full webbing is optional as it doesn't appear on many of the models

-Body armour painted OD with Imperial Eagle in white

-Beret with eagle pin or protec sprayed OD with eagle in white

Perhaps a Protec watersports helmet ? the one that coves the ears

Steel Legion

-Grey BDUs

-Tan 3/4 length trench coat

-Black assault vest or web gear

-Gas mas with tube to backpack

-Gauntlet type gloves

-Knee length leather boots

-Black PASGT

Not the Pasgt!!!!!

OD german fagues, Kakhi M65 jacket, US M1 Steel p#ss pot helm, russian/soviet tube gas mask and M14EBR:)

A little late to answer on this, but I still have a Steel Legion and Cadian army [at my age :)]

Just a conple of changes I'd suggest on kit :)

Perhaps a Protec watersports helmet ? the one that coves the ears

Not the Pasgt!!!!!

OD german fagues, Kakhi M65 jacket, US M1 Steel p#ss pot helm, russian/soviet tube gas mask and M14EBR:)

I just went by what I saw on the official models. I couldn't find anything that looked closer than the PASGT and they were readily available. Didn't think of the steel pot.

And I was thinking more along the lines of the classic fullcut protec as I think they have a matte finish.

aye, that protec would be the business with a few modifications...

I'd be up for a sheet or two of those stickers... also, I should be able to make small ones with wee details on the laser cutter at work, it's just a matter of haveing the material to cut...

Archived