Imperial Guard

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless you're a closet billionaire who has tons of money to spend to push government programs concerning adaptive camouflage technology from theory to factory....

Actually now that you mention it...

:P

I was thinking maybe having a selection of them in different patterns of one in that oak leaf pattern you get for some ghillie suits.

Its going to sound stupid but... the torso body armour is basically identical to american football 'pads'.

You'd probabyl need to get a small and modify the shoulders so they don't stick out so much. But that'd be the gist of it:

lgfbpadlot5.jpg

They come in various shapes, sizes and fastenings. I guess you want an olive drab or black one. Probably in a large childs or small adults size and one of the more modern looking ones. You'd stand to look a bit of a Tit running around in it, but if you can do it right and spray the pads it probably won't look so bad. All I'd say is - until I read this I didn't know what Imperial Guard were. I honestly thought you might be going for a penninsular war/napoleonic era french elite grenediers uniform... so don't expect many people to know what your meant to be.

edit: one thing I would say for the US football pads is; you can probably run around in them and smash into trees and such without them disintegrating. Cheapy plastic fake body armour probably wont take so much punishment.

What pond whould that be? I'm about 15 miles from the the Imperial in London so if you fancy putting together an Imperial Guard team I'd be up for doing a uniform.

Sounds good. At the moment I have about 15 players on my society of which 5/6 are serious. If I can get that number upto 8 we can have 2 fire teams!

Oh and that red cloak reminds me of the Etherials from XCOM - anyone remember how terrifyingly awesome they were :blink:

Right then, who's up for doing a proper IG team? Darkchild gets honourary membership for the tattoo and because I think BRADpat would make a great uniform for the unit. I'm itching to try out my Commissar uniform in the field. All I need to complete it is a pair of jackboots, some fringed eppaulettes and a skull cap badge.

Archived