Imperial Guard

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh... I believe that they sell them out of the Black Library, now... I don't rightly recall.

Here we go. Doesn't look like they've got the Aquila badge any more. But they do have a 'Double Eagle Badge' that would be kickass for Drop Troops or Stormtroopers and Kasrkin. They also have both bright and subdued Tanith First and Only cap badges.

Seeing the loadout and stuff has gotten me interested in this. When I get some money together, I'll see if I can't start collecting the gear and stuff needed for it. I live in Croydon, in South London, so I'm not miles away. Any idea how much it'd be to get all this together and where I could start getting the stuff from?

Here is what I could think of off the top of my head. Remember that in the back story, IG kit was pretty variable so modifications to this are perfectly acceptable.

Cadians

-Black, British army boots

-Tan BDU style shirt and trousers (these are nearly exactly as shown on the models)

-Black webbing belts to hold mags. Full webbing is optional as it doesn't appear on many of the models

-Body armour painted OD with Imperial Eagle in white

-Beret with eagle pin or protec sprayed OD with eagle in white

Kreig

-Grey trench coat

-Gas mask

-German steel helmet

Steel Legion

-Grey BDUs

-Tan 3/4 length trench coat

-Black assault vest or web gear

-Gas mas with tube to backpack

-Gauntlet type gloves

-Knee length leather boots

-Black PASGT

Kasrkin/Storm Trooper

-Camo (to be decided as I can't find anything that looks like the official version)

-Body armour as Cadian but with elbow, knee pads and helmet is required.

-Armoured gloves to match.

-Full face mask

Catachan (requires crazy amounts of muscle :P)

-OD vest

-US Woodland trousers

-Red bandanna

-total badass personality :D

These are all I could find but there may be more. We should probably try to pick one and all stick with it. Weapon would be whatever you have but sci-fi appearance would help with the look. I'm thinking the G36/G36k would be good choices but there is really nothing out there that looks remotely like a lasgun. They would be ugly in full size anyway so there is little point.

g36 is what springs to mind for the easiest conversion to something lasgun like...

I reckon I could knock up a fibreglass shell to fit over a PASGT or something to get the proper style helmet...

finding enough gear in any camo pattern rare/unusual enough to be worth using might prove to be expensive, so plain tan/black/OD might be a good option...

Random Guard Regiment:

Raised on a green, mountainous, idyllic planet, overseen by the Ecclesiarchy, where civilization is limited to massive fortress monasteries. The regiments are raised from 'warrior' monks and warrior 'monks'.

Uniform:

• BradPat utilities (or OD as a far second for those who don't have access/money for ACUs and/or OD dye)
  • Brown leather or suede ankle boots
  • Puttees or gaitors
  • Black knee length, quarter length sleeved (or sleeveless), collarless kimono-like robe (worn over armor and utilities but under LBE)*
  • Long black, OD, or BradPat cowl (worn under a helmet, if one is worn)*
  • LC-2 LBE (OD)
  • M14
  • Bayonet
  • P1940 USN/USMC dog tags
Astrices indicate parts that are not worn by conscripts, but by regulars (this is because, IRL, those items need to be handmade by the wearer). The robes might be of different colors (such as camouflage for snipers and Stormtroopers, white for officers, and tan or saffron for heavy weapons commanders and crews). Armor is optional.

the problem with going with tanith is that it's a little boring... any one can have a cammo cloak and black kit...

RE: larp chainswords... I'll have a chat with a mate who makes lrp weapons... I'll try and steal the secret of making them from him! ;)

It occurs to me that plates for body armour could be vac-formed and attached to some suitable vesty type thing... not as ruged as fibreglass, but a damn sight quicker and easier...

Am liking that BRADpat... definitely sweet and unusual enough to use...

Well whatever you can come up with for flak armour would be cool juse make sur it has chest and shoulder protection and is strong enough to stand up to BB strikes.

If anyone has opinions on uniforms, equipment, weapons and such please PM me with a layout. By the way, being guard, any weapon we have has to have a bayonet fitting ^_^

Thermo formed plastic would defiantly take bb hits but it wouldn't be so good at general moving around. One knock against a tree and it is liable to crack so the USfootball/hockey armour is probably best.

You can get pressure suit armour for mountain biking from around £50 if you just wanted a general futuristic appearance. They would fit better with the Karskin/Storm trooper loadout.

eg. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=3531 but I can't remember where I found some cheaper stuff

I used to work at Angel's costumiers in the military dept. The civilian uniform dept used to keep lots of the old riot armour in one of it's bins. If you can get into london on a monday or a thursday then I may be able to get us an appointment and maybe even a sample to show you.

Of course... no armor is always an option....

Indeed but only for Scouts, Snipers and Commissars.

Of course... no armor is always an option....

If you want to do an accurate kit then you need armour for most of them. I love the krieg look but it is too easily confused with nazi gear so we'd have to give that a miss.

Some of the cheaper stuff here looks pretty close but then we need to get it shipped from the US and its rather expensive all in all.

http://www.footballamerica.com/football/ca...?categoryId=237

Archived