Imperial Guard

Well there are clear uniforms set up by the W40K universe and I don't see why if you wanted to be serious about it then pursuit of "accurate" kit is any stranger than copying real military forces to the most minute detail. After all its not as bad as USMC impressions that have the actual official USMC approved boots

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll requisition all you grunts for my own purposes ;)

inquisitor.jpg

Normally it shouldn't be that hard to find it: american football is gettin more known on the mainland here & some local stores have it here: i'll take a look at the prices & keep you guys posted!

(ps: the lines in the tattoo are straight, but the resizing made it look a bit crooked ;) )

not a lot of point really unless they're willing to sell... plus work makes weekday tings difficult...

how about the old reliable flecktarn flakker? overdye the cover black and it'd look pretty sweet over bradpat...

could go for no armour, but you're immediately losing something very guardy...

I'll requisition all you grunts for my own purposes ;)

http://users.skynet.be/bk226237/inquisitor.jpg

*Drops to one knee*

Yes Lord, what are we required to do?

Treadhead: I was thinking, I may be able to get one set as a sample for you to mould from and they may be able to let us know who their supplier is if be want them permanently. I can get some by myself perhaps and then meet you on the weekend so you can see what the stuff is like?

I just found an exterminatus pendant from a GW Games Day years ago. I found it on the floor outside the arena :P

Gave me an idea that someone could play as an inquisitor, leading a group of IG for whatever purpose. We could play against people in normal gear and pretend they are rebels or heretics etc :D

Another option would be Interceptor replicas. They have shoulder armor.

Well there are clear uniforms set up by the W40K universe and I don't see why if you wanted to be serious about it then pursuit of "accurate" kit is any stranger than copying real military forces to the most minute detail. After all its not as bad as USMC impressions that have the actual official USMC approved boots

:huh: Clear? Like... as clear as the bajillion different camo schemes covering only a handful of Cadian regiments in the IG Codex? As clear as the millions of worlds inhabited by Mankind, each possessing it's own military traditions dating back millenia and each utilizing its own uniform?

I can see the term accurate applied to a specific Regiment of the IG, but to the IG as a whole? No.

Another option would be Interceptor replicas. They have shoulder armor.

:huh: Clear? Like... as clear as the bajillion different camo schemes covering only a handful of Cadian regiments in the IG Codex? As clear as the millions of worlds inhabited by Mankind, each possessing it's own military traditions dating back millenia and each utilizing its own uniform?

I can see the term accurate applied to a specific Regiment of the IG, but to the IG as a whole? No.

Well its pointless just making something up otherwise absolutely no one would know what we were trying to achieve. Look at the models, they all have the same basic kit with a few different colour schemes and my comment was more in reference to the body armour, which is used by nearly all regiments with a few notable exceptions

www.extranova.de => militarausrustung => westen => Swat Entrt weste

=> this one has removable shoulder pads => maybe worth a look?

@ Cybersoldier:

Thou shalleth find me heretics & b**ches, foor shooting & "shooting" ;).

Fast, before i turn you into a servitor ;)

Well its pointless just making something up otherwise absolutely no one would know what we were trying to achieve. Look at the models, they all have the same basic kit with a few different colour schemes and my comment was more in reference to the body armour, which is used by nearly all regiments with a few notable exceptions

If an Aquila isn't sufficient to ID a unit as IG... I don't know what would be.

www.extranova.de => militarausrustung => westen => Swat Entrt weste

=> this one has removable shoulder pads => maybe worth a look?

@ Cybersoldier:

Thou shalleth find me heretics & b**ches, foor shooting & "shooting" ;).

Fast, before i turn you into a servitor ;)

159Euro=£107.58 or $211.14 so that may be a little heavy on the wallet but I mus admit that it does look damn good.

Why are you being so difficult about this? I'm just saying that we should at least aspire to get the body armour but you go and nitpick every single word of mine.

Jagd just wants to be one of Gaunt's Ghosts. He has a point about the wide variety of Guard out there but as we're going for a Cadian Styled regiment in terms of armour his point is moot.

Damn, meant to hit edit :headbutt:

Have a look on the web for the guys who dress up as Colonial Marines from Aliens. Many of them have bought or made prop armour that's similar to the Cadian stuff above.

Anyway why do you want W40K flak? Does it only give you a save on a 6+? :P If that made no sense it's because I'm old skool games workshop. Legion Astartes MK IV all the way!!! :D

i don't know if this has been sugested but why not do a light infanery role unit from the IG some thing like what the tanith are described as in the gaunt's ghosts book's? , they don't use carapace armor but use a softer verson some thing you could use real world armor/plate carrier covers to simulate

i don't know if this has been sugested but why not do a light infanery role unit from the IG some thing like what the tanith are described as in the gaunt's ghosts book's? , they don't use carapace armor but use a softer verson some thing you could use real world armor/plate carrier covers to simulate

well you certainly made that point! ;)

since it seems the Aquilla badges are no longer available, we'll have to make some.. I've got the mould I used for the one on my salamander (http://www.coolminiornot.com/97592 - shameless plug! ;)), or I can make a mould from the bigger badge I've got (as modeled on Cyber's beret)...

I may be able to cast them in white metal (never tried before) otherwise I could do em in resin with metal filler powder to give em a shine...

Archived