Big trouble in Little China tanktop review

This was a review i compiled for the Jack Burton tanktop available from www.wingkong.net which i ordered at Christmas. Enjoy...

“Which Lo-Pan are we talkin’ about here? Lil ol’ Basket-case on wheels or the twelve foot tall roadblock?”

…Just one of the many questions that Kurt Russell’s character, Jack Burton has to find an answer to in the 1986 Comedy adventure Big Trouble in Little China. When I’m not skirmishing and being kind to fluffy animals and things, there’s nothing more I like to do than to sit back and watch a DVD. BTILCdvd001.jpg

Being a big John Carpenter fan since watching The Thing years ago, this classic John Carpenter film has always been in the Top Ten of my film favourites. So imagine my surprise and joy when Arnie put up an advertisement on the site advertising Big Trouble in Little China merchandise, namely the tank-top shirt that our hero wears throughout the film.

BTILCreview1001.jpg

Without hesitation I ordered one from the “Wing Kong Exchange” website for the price of $22 postage included. Within a few days my tank-top arrived in a well-packaged parcel. Upon opening it I was greeted by the smiling face of the Oriental Genie figure that adorns the front. BTILCreview2001.jpgBTILCreview2002.jpg

The T-shirt is of excellent quality and the colours are clear and run free (I’ve washed it over 6 times and it hasn’t run once!) The sizes are a size lower than in the UK, so if you are a Large size, then you’re better ordering a medium, etc. The web site is www.wingkong.net and is run by Josh Horowitz (great guy!) who kept me notified of when my shirt was despatched and answered all my questions. I will definitely be buying more items from him in the near future. On the site is also more merchandise from the film such as Wang Chi’s Dragon of the Black Pool jacket and the Pork Chop Express T-shirt to name but a few, a great site that has loads of Big Trouble in Little China info.

CopyofBTILCreview1001.jpg

“…So if some eight foot tall guy grabs you by the throat, slams the back of your favourite head up against the wall, looks you straight in the eyes and asks you have you paid your dues? Well you just stare that big sucker right back in the eyes and you remember what ol’ Jack Burton always says at a time like this… Have you paid your dues Jack? Yessir the Cheque is in the mail!”

Thanks go to Arnie for putting the advertisement up and for letting me do this mini-review and also to Josh Horowitz and everyone at Wing Kong Exchange.

Rhino