P229 at UNcompany

Wege

I have a fair reason to believe that the KJW P229 is but a truncated version of their P226. Its already a tried and tested platform as invented by Tokyo Marui and I doubt they would suddenly jump in design. Similarly, they did the same with their USPc (copy of Tanaka or Maruzen? can't remember) and when they came out with the USP .45, USP P10, USP tactical, they all shared the same internal mechanisms instead of having to copy different manufacturers of USPs.

I have a fair reason to believe that the KJW P229 is but a truncated version of their P226. Its already a tried and tested platform as invented by Tokyo Marui and I doubt they would suddenly jump in design. Similarly, they did the same with their USPc (copy of Tanaka or Maruzen? can't remember) and when they came out with the USP .45, USP P10, USP tactical, they all shared the same internal mechanisms instead of having to copy different manufacturers of USPs.

i see what you mean, it looks like they have just shortened the P226 slide, in a slightly different shape (the patterned bit) and shoved it on a P226 frame.

i've looked at pics of RS P229s on google and the slide rails are flush with the part of the slide, whereas on the KJW the slide rails are longer, which might suggest they shorthened the slide and put it on a P226 frame.

somebody stop me if im talking rubbish :D

That is my impression as well, but until I, or someone, get one can crack it open, it's all just speculations. ;)

Notice the trigger guard is the P226 shape, not P229 either, but it does seem they have shortened the grip to proper p229 size. One thing that I don't quite get is the UNco description says "Built Material: Metal Frame & ABS Plastic Grip", what exactly do they mean by frame and grip?

guys.

I have seen images of a SIGARMS 229? 228? with NO markings whatsover on the slide.

This is in the SIGARMS book by Mr Ayoob.

So in some instances, not having slide markings can be rather real.

guys.

I have seen images of a SIGARMS 229? 228? with NO markings whatsover on the slide.

This is in the SIGARMS book by Mr Ayoob.

So in some instances, not having slide markings can be rather real.

Yeah, guns with no trades from factorys have a special name don't they? They're handy for assassinations and such as they can't be traced. ;)

Yeah, guns with no trades from factorys have a special name don't they? They're handy for assassinations and such as they can't be traced.  ;)

Why in the hell would an assassin care about trademarks? They don't use the trademarks to trace guns. No crime has been solved with one cop turning to another and saying, "Well, this must be the murder weapon; it's the only Colt in existence and it says so on the slide."

What you're thinking of are guns without serial numbers, which have been shown to be just as effective as guns with serial numbers.

Archived