• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, 6 of mine disappeared too. The system is being tweaked and I guess that could lead to some data being lost until things are finalized?

When did you give him the point? Was it in the first couple of hours of the system going on-line (that's when I lost mine)?

About 5 or 6 hours ago. I posted something like "What this guy doesn't know about pistols hasn't been thought of yet" and some other stuff as well.

If somebody else ended up with that I'd be interested to hear it. :)

It was roughly the same time I gave you (R22) yours, maybe an hour before.

I was also wondering if there is any way to track you you've bestowed points on, similar to the way you can search for previous posts?

Hmmm, no idea I'm afraid. I can only guess that Arn was tweaking it and made a change to the database at the same time you added your point.

Your best bet is to add the point again. ;)

I don't think there is currently a way of tracking outgoing point assignments, but there aren't any moderating tools for this feature at the moment either. I know these are on their way, so more features may well appear over the next few days as the system is perfected.

Hope that helps...

I don't think there is currently a way of tracking outgoing point assignments, but there aren't any moderating tools for this feature at the moment either.  I know these are on their way, so more features may well appear over the next few days as the system is perfected.

Hope that helps...

No.

No it doesn't help. It's totally unacceptable. :angry:

;)

Now, what'd to stop stupid twats from rating you bad because you didn't tell them wot am best gun?

Nothing.

You have to be nice to everybody all the time in order to maintain your reputation.

Unless, of course, you don't actually give a flying f*** about it. ;)

Now, what'd to stop stupid twats from rating you bad because you didn't tell them wot am best gun?

Moderating tools are on their way for this system so we can undo the work of misuse on request. If people abuse the system, we should be able to sort things out pretty easily - just let a moderator know. In any case, abuse will be considered 'against forum rules' and 'antisocial behaviour', so warning points, suspensions and bans could find their way to people who try to ruin things for the rest of us.

Hey!

I found the rep point I gave to Snowman. A guy called ZenMasTaT (possibly) got it instead. The odd thing is that he was the other person who'd given Snowman a point before I did.

I checked after I gave Snowman the point and I could see ZenMasTaT's quote with mine above it.

Now, the message I left for Snowman has beamed across to the other guys rep.

How odd!

Nothing.

You have to be nice to everybody all the time in order to maintain your reputation.

Unless, of course, you don't actually give a flying f*** about it. ;)

Be nice to everybody? Sounds like a "Treat everyone like kings no matter how stupid they are" rule to me. Look what PZR left me, that tard neg'd me for no reason...unless (...) is a reason.

Indeed, I've gave him one too, and I can sense me getting a negative, just because I gave him one.

All in all, I can sense this becoming bad along the months, favouritism will swarm, and best buddies just rating their mates higher and higher without any good reason, but to just raise others reps up.

..Please feel free to flame me for my opinion.

I think I'll wind down the reputation system so that it's only for use in sales. Children such as a few mentioned to me via PM are getting petty and using it as a means to get back at people.

This means that I and mods have extra work to do as I have to run around editing and then banning the members that have run amok.

Please don't use threads like this to complain about any problem users, the "report" button is much better. If it's not thread related PM me or a mod to deal with it and it'll be looked into quickly.

I've now wiped the reputation records, and all comments on them. ;) Please only use the system for sales feedback.

Please only use the system for sales feedback.
Opps.... i just rated someone for a non-sales event. Ahhh well i'm sure they'll complain and get it wiped.

Keeping it purely to sales does seem a better idea, otherwise it can be a bit too objective as too whats a good post or not. One persons "off-topic hassle in good fun" is another person's "useless waste of bandwidth spam" post. Not that i see many of those.. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...