• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still being installed at the moment. Once fully integrated, other users will have the ability to add or remove "reputation points" on your account based on your posts.

If you post lots of helpful info, your rep will go up. If you spam or act in an unbecoming fashion, it will go down.

Kind of like the post count, only it is based on how useful, helpful, relevant your posts are, rather than how many posts you create. ;)

so , now it is possible to carry out a personal vendetta's on particular members (ie. multiply '-' hits) to discredit them.... or has that already been considered.

by the way, what happens when you reach 'max positive' (mod status) or 'max negative' (a ban I assume)..

Edited by 1647

As is usual with IPB software there are almost limitless options. I'll probably be tweaking things as we go.

You are limited to the number of times that you can adjust someone's profile per day, plus have a total amount of edits you can do a day across the board.

At the moment you can adjust one person's rep once per day, and make 10 changes in total. Also a member's rep can only be adjusted a maximum of 10 times a day.

...these figures may change shortly.

Mods can adjust and edit things too, so we can undo what people do if needed.

It can be set to auto-assign a status of some sort at certain levels of reputation, it can also be set to ban people that get low reputations.

Okay just came back from work for a 5minute break, haven't read any of the posts above but my questions is if you give someone a bad rep point, can't they just easily give you one back in retaliation?

Very good point that.

I can see this going horribly wrong. But then maybe I'm just being negative as usual.

Okay just came back from work for a 5minute break, haven't read any of the posts above but my questions is if you give someone a bad rep point, can't they just easily give you one back in retaliation?

only people like you would do that :P

so i thought the raputation is for how you treat other people :P

or is it really for trading?