24 Hour rounds

Gilgamesh0508

i was wondering if there had been any 24 hr rounds before, with some breaks in it of course cuz u would probably die if u didnt. just wondering if anyone has done any, heard about them, and what was it like. good idea? bad idea?

Please read the forum rules about use of good english.

Checking out the ones regarding spam wouln't go amis either.

Keep the 'your mom' jokes out of it, this is an airsoft forum not an inner city primary school.

To answer your question Gilgamesh, yes there are some daylong games that I have heard about, but they are typicaly much slower paced than an average airsoft game.

Op. Banshee Wrath II in Kentucky was set to last about 23 hours. It was cut short due to turrential downpour and lighting. But It lasted from about 8 AM to 3 AM. I thought it made for a very fun and challenging day. Lugging around a full pack all day made it difficult. We took a few very short breaks. I lost about 7 LBS that weekend even though I was eating and drinking all I could.

BWI went for the planed full 48 hours. The Berget events in europe go for full weekends. If you go on to the Indinia forums, we have 12 hour games every 3-4 months, plus lots of skirms, and are working on a longer game.

http://www.indianaaa.proboards59.com/index.cgi

KM

You're talking about civilians here not highly trained soldiers.

civilians loose their cool after 24 hours.

That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard you say. "Lose their cool" ? What? I've been on week-long camping trips, I've been airsofting. Why not combine the two?

They give soldiers training, USMC grunt, not magical powers.

Me and my mates (about 10 of us) have got one planned that we are going to do in a out-of-the-way pit. The idea is to steal ither a lighter or the bottle rocket from one base and take it back to your base, first team to launch the rocket out of there base wins. Easy if nobody cheats.

The only problem is they dont all have decent guns and most of them use under £30 cyma guns, still should be good.

Op. Banshee Wrath II in Kentucky was set to last about 23 hours. It was cut short due to turrential downpour and lighting. But It lasted from about 8 AM to 3 AM. I thought it made for a very fun and challenging day. Lugging around a full pack all day made it difficult. We took a few very short breaks. I lost about 7 LBS that weekend even though I was eating and drinking all I could.

I intended this event as well, and I lost about 12 lbs in the short time we were out on the field, even though I was putting away m&m's and marathon bars like nobody's business... It was an extremely well planned event until the monsoon... I mean, rain came.

The trick with any game thats going to take a LONG time to play is to have plenty of objectives that mean something for your side to achieve, even if you aren't engaging the enemy every five minutes- keep the tension high, but also try to keep engagementts to a minimum (for the sake of your batteries and bbs), but avoid boredom by NOT having missions like "defend this base for 5 hrs...

I would probably say that, for an all-nighter, missions that involve advancing without discovery to certain locations in order to secure and/or retrieve items that would then drive the plot of the game in an ew way would be the order of thing- allow players the ability to camp out if they like, but always keep them motivated to be moving and acheiving things, rather than just have them fighting all the time.

there is a mild possibility that a seriously long, non-stop rolling plot-driven two day event might be on the cards for this summer- players might be able to play as long as they like, and go back to camp when they like, depending on how hardcore they feel...

This is only just being discussed as part of the plans for AG-USA 07, so there is no guarantee of it actually happening, but we're hoping that it might bbecome a serious success :)

• 1 year later...

I've done several 24 hour games. Some with breaks, some with continuous game time (eye protection while you sleep). Airsoft Military Simulations occasionally run 24 hour games, with various missions and objectives throughout the day, but you're constantly in game. I think IED Airsoft also sometimes run 48 hour games...

well iv heard of 24hr games in england but never played any, although i went to ground zero last year and that starts at about 9 and ends 6 with out any breaks, it works very well and then there are night games and it all continues :) i really enjoyed it, because if you wanted to go for a break you could but if you wanted to keep playing then you could :)

As mentioned before, we at Elite Action Games Worthing often run 24hr games, the next one is in a few days. Once out in their Harbour Areas they have to mount a stag to keep watch all night. There's daylight missions, Night games, sniper teams out looking for other snipers overnight and of course the fun of a dawn attack.

Ford Rifle Ranges are also running a 24hr at the beginning of April that they have a teaser film for

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...821831770532684

this will involve a lot of OP teams reporting back to base and missions throughout the 24 hour to combat the menace of the enemy cartel.

Archived