Reputation system added

I put a bit of work into getting the reputation system online in the forums.

Updated: The system can now be used for buyer/seller feedback. Feedback for sales should be made from the relevant links within that topic/thread.

I'm sure there's more to add, but as ever it's a work in progess thing. ;)

Please only use the system for genuine sales feedback. Abuse of the system won't go down well with the mods here.

Update: I've had to wind down the feedback system for the moment as those abusive users that gained warranted negative feedback then used the same system to give negative points in retaliation.

Currently the buttons to change a user's rep are only shown in the for-sale sections.

Update 16/02/05: The reputation system has been added back, this time there are now rules, which can be found here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...?showtopic=9938

Please use the system responsibly for constructive feedback and for sales on the forums.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see you accepted my suggestion to adopt this feature. :P

Seriously, the best thing about this is that I will be able to give negative feedback every time I read somebody refer to anything as "gay".

I dunno why but there's something about this phrase that just pushes all my buttons and makes me want to lobotomise the person with a steak knife.

Anyway, well done. Spammers and idiots beware!

i'll help.

First click on the reputation button located underneath the avatar of the person you wish to leave a rep point for. On the next page at the top you will see a small green plus and a small red minus. Click on the appropriate one and go onto next page. Type comment you wish to leave. When happy with comment click on go...

Voila!

i'll help.

First click on the reputation button located underneath the avatar of the person you wish to leave a rep point for. On the next page at the top you will see a small green plus and a small red minus. Click on the appropriate one and go onto next page. Type comment you wish to leave. When happy with comment click on go...

Voila!

Whoa whoa....I click on the rep button in the avatar box, it then sends me to all the plus/minus posts of other people. I scroll down and all that is at the bottom is a "Back" button. The only red/green arrows are the ones of other members...

Whoa whoa....I click on the rep button in the avatar box, it then sends me to all the plus/minus posts of other people. I scroll down and all that is at the bottom is a "Back" button. The only red/green arrows are the ones of other members...

I think this feature must not be available until you have reached a certain number of posts or something? (I can't seem to use it either.)

-WMH

noone can add rep points until they've reached 50 posts. ;)

Alright, I have problems with this but wouldn't it encourage 'posting for rank'?

And as long as we are discussing the general area, what is this "Warn" stuff on my box? I don't see it on any other member....what's that all about?

Edited by Omaha

Only you can see your own warning level. You get warned for breaking rules or messing around. It's for mod/admin info, as it gives us a running total and idea of a user's status.

As for the limit on the rep system encouraging posting that's unlikley as spam posts will just be picked up by myself or the mods and jumped on ;)

No user can give more than rep points a day and not more than one to one person a day. No user can have more than 10 rep points added per day, and noone can add rep points until they've reached 50 posts. ;)

At the time it was the first time Ive ever tried to give rep to anyone.

Seems to work now, though.

Seems like a good system, but it occurs to me that if you're restricting the ability to give feedback to people with 50 posts, then newbies aren't going to be able to give feedback, yet surely it's newbies that are often going to have people helping them out? (or, indeed, being abusive)

Just a thought (I have those sometimes...)

A fair point but, having said that, you'd be surprised at the BS that newb's get fed.

Maybe it's best if newb's can't give rep points to the first person that replies to their question, even if what they tell them is nonsense?

Once you've got 50 posts under your belt you are in a better position to know who is a BS artist and who actually talks sense.

I suppose there will always be cases where somebody signs up specifically to ask a question and finds that they can't give points to the person that assists them.

No system is perfect, I guess.

i think its a "gay" idea ;)

Man....what is your deal? Stop with the childish "gay" remarks.....you make yourself look not only silly but foolish.

You might not be homophobic nor anti gay, hell you might even be "pro gay" if there is such a thing, it is simply the fact that the use of the word is infact inappropriate....don't drag yourself through the mud..

what is it with retards over reacting with gay here?

notice the "s

it was done as a joke to wind up hissing sid

2: you better not go out into the real world then, or you might die from hearing it more than once!

3: enjoy your minus reputation

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.