8mm silencer?

Five-sEvEn

The goverment is very protective, because silencers are smooth killers. You see someone get shot, yet hear no sound, see no muzzle flash, and cant see where it came from.

I'd also like to point out that silenced guns, with the exception of some .22 shorts, are far from silent. More like pneumatic nail guns.

And the personal assault on Viper doesn't seem to be necessary. Keep that kind of stuff to PM at the least.

-Sh0ty

P.S. No offense meant to anyone.

well that all depends on if the gun is meant to be suppressed..

like on the HK MP5 SD, rounds the clank of the blt is louder than the report of the round. this is because the suppressor is made to drop supersonic rounds to subsonic velocities..

http://www.hkpro.com/video/MP5SD.mov

edit: then you have the UMP, which isnt made to be suppressed:

http://www.hkpro.com/video/UMP.mov

viper... i am not sure what you are geting @..

any way

NO a car muffler won't work, peoplewho are saying such things have no idea how one funtions.. the pipes don't even line up inside

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/muffler.htm

however YES the BATFE has found "industrial mufflers" to be supressors in certian cases

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/usr/wbardwel/...us_v_davis2.txt

(go to page 3) http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:MYyFlJ...s&ct=clnk&cd=25

Sounds like YOU have no idea how one functions. That's only one type of muffler in that video, and there are MANY others with a straight through design.

Didn't have to bother answering, as Five-sEvEn has done it for me. Cheers.

If you put your car muffler on your gun and it silences it, you better believe you'll get in over head in trouble.

Thank you for proving my point.

Viper, your a real close minded person who thinks his answer is always right. Get your facts strait, instead of "Well if i use *Insert and ubserd "Viper" like utencil* is that illegal?" Yes Viper, as said here MANY TIMES, it is illegal if it silences 1 decible.

Hmm, well, considering I was right, I pretty much had a reason to think it. So again, thank you for pointing out that a car muffler is illegal, as it silences your engine by more than one decibel.

If you want to be an *beep* while i try to inform you, be my guest... ;)

Inform me of what, your general lack of knowledge on this matter?

Viper, your gigs up. The facts compile and say your wrong, stop saying "Im rite, ur rong" ######. Its pathetic...

I have yet to see this. Maybe if a respected member of the forums could point this one out to me instead of someone who's making it a point to personally attack me, then I'd see it. Or I could mock you instead, but I personally don't feel that's necessary at the moment.

...owaitaminute, you're right! I have less than a gig left on one of my hard drives, OSHI-

On-topic; having seen Five-sEvEn's silencer personally, I must say it's a very nice piece of plastic. Didn't have a chance to fire it as it wasn't loaded or gassed, but hey, at least it looks like it works. And from what he's told me, it works great in our local tight CQB arena.

hey I used that muffler as an easy way to make the point and avoid arguments...

the most of the "strait threw" ones have baffles of one kind or another

VORTEXMufflerCutaway.jpg

viper, gir

drop it

then info has been passed on for US players, people can chose to follow it or not.

such items ARE alowed in many outher parts of the world

so lets get back on topic, building a supressor for a 8mm AS gun

This is what happens when Government Law Enforcement thas TOO much free time on their hands. With all the other illegal activities going on out there, they have to spend tax payer money on this BS!

Hey, how about they try keeping our borders secure and population safe by enforcing the immigration laws. How about finding Whitey Bulger-you know, the cereal killer who was paying off the head of the Boston FBI office (for years) to look the other way (at least he's in prison). I'd be happy to give them a list of what they should be looking for!

Someone must have been looking for a promotion or some free press for their 15 minutes of fame. Shame on them.

hey I used that muffler as an easy way to make the point and avoid arguments...

the most of the "strait threw" ones have baffles of one kind or another

VORTEXMufflerCutaway.jpg

viper, gir

drop it

then info has been passed on for US players, people can chose to follow it or not.

such items ARE alowed in many outher parts of the world

so lets get back on topic, building a supressor for a 8mm AS gun

Most not all. And yes, people can choose to follow it or not.

Back on topic please...

This is what happens when  Government Law Enforcement thas TOO much free time on their hands. With all the other illegal activities going on out there, they have to spend tax payer money on this BS!

Hey, how about they try keeping our borders secure and population safe by enforcing the immigration laws. How about finding Whitey Bulger-you know, the  cereal killer who was paying off the head of the Boston FBI office (for years) to look the other way (at least he's in prison). I'd be happy to give them a list of what they should be looking for!

Someone must have been looking for a promotion or some free press for their 15 minutes of fame. Shame on them.

QFT

Now back on topic.

you mentioned an upgraded Detonics.. what was changed?

I would think that the valve in the magazine would have been too fragile for stronger springs/hammers

I was told by the previous owner not to divulge in the upgrade details (which I discovered by dissasembling it). And plus, since stock, the gun shoots past the fourm limits, I can't tell you what has been done, but I can tell you that the main mod is the mag. I haven't found a stronger hammer spring yet.... but I plan to make it a tad stronger.

Right now it's only shoot 320fps with .34s, so about .4J's less than advertised. Still ugpraded and packs a punch so I don't mind too much, and plus, with an extra mag, it seems to make up for the value quite easily.

Hmm.

to Me the weak-point of the Detonics (Marushin) is the valve-stem of the gas-release valve. If he has been able to get a fitting and STRONGER valve.. then full kudos to him (Curse him curse him! :P )

Exceedingly simple to get into though.

The hammer spring? Just put a spacer into the hammer springer area.. (mentally ponders.. has been ages since I went into mine... I cannot remember if the hammer spring is in the standard 'spring housing' on the lower back area of the hand-grip).

The 2nd major annoyance with the Detonics.. is the fill valve... cursed O-rings..

The 3rd (and maybe the 2nd instead) was the hopup unit... it was not even close to true. So... a bit of modding.. and voila!.. it actually has no hop when you turn the hop up off!..:D

Hmm.

to Me the weak-point of the Detonics (Marushin) is the valve-stem of the gas-release valve.  If he has been able to get a fitting and STRONGER valve.. then full kudos to him (Curse him curse him! :P )

Exceedingly simple to get into though.

The hammer spring? Just put a spacer into the hammer springer area.. (mentally ponders.. has been ages since I went into mine... I cannot remember if the hammer spring is in the standard 'spring housing' on the lower back area of the hand-grip).

The 2nd major annoyance with the Detonics.. is the fill valve... cursed O-rings..

The 3rd  (and maybe the 2nd instead) was the hopup unit... it was not even close to true.  So... a bit of modding.. and voila!.. it actually has no hop when you turn the hop up off!..:D

Valve stem hasn't been reinforced, but it doesn't seem unreliable.

Spacing the hammer spring isn't a good idea, as if you space it too much, when you fire the gun, it will leave the hammer in the forward position venting all the gas. I've done it before lol :rolleyes: But if you can get the right amount of spacing, then you'll get a slight power increase without messing up any function. I believe my gun is shooting harder than it was when I recieved it, but I haven't chronoed it yet. And the hammer spring is located on the hammer, much like a KSC glock.

What's wrong with the fill valve?

3rd, HOW DID YOU GET YOUR HOPUP TO NOT HOP WHEN IT'S OFF? Actually, I believe it's not hopping when it's off, the initial trajectory is aimed higher than the sights are, just to mess with you... or something....

BUT IF YOU'VE FIGURED OUT A WAY, TELL ME!!!!!!!!!

edit: we're not supposed to be talking about upgrading this gun are we?... If we aren't mods, you can delete the upgrading information from these lasts two posts.

3rd, HOW DID YOU GET YOUR HOPUP TO NOT HOP WHEN IT'S OFF? Actually, I believe it's not hopping when it's off, the initial trajectory is aimed higher than the sights are, just to mess with you... or something....

BUT IF YOU'VE FIGURED OUT A WAY, TELL ME!!!!!!!!!

edit: we're not supposed to be talking about upgrading this gun are we?... If we aren't mods, you can delete the upgrading information from these lasts two posts.

(cutnpasted from a document i made)

Marushin Colt Detonics (8mm) Over-hop problem, even with hop off.

This is the fix.

The pistol needs to be pulled apart to access the hop-unit and the brass inner barrel.

With the hop-unit off of the inner barrel, we can see the rough edges that are exposed from where the hole was cut into the barrel, for the placement of the hop rubber.  Take a firm hard edge to ‘peel’, rub or scrape smooth the rough edges. Bevel them, in other words.

You should now be left with a smooth inner surface. To verify, try pushing through a piece of wadded tissue paper… if it catches, you have a bit more work to do.

OK.  Put the hop-unit back on, and look down the tube from the muzzle end. You may still see an obstruction of sorts.  If so, this is most likely to be the O-ring that is present in the hop-unit.  Carefully take out the O-ring, and use a needle file to scrap a bit of the excess material from the inside of the hop-unit (NOTE: make sure this corresponds with the o-ring overlap on the inside.

Reassemble.. Test.. Make sure it is working again.. and VOILA.. no more No-hop Hop. Now.. adjust the hop-up to the level that you want.

There ya go.. You want Kumara chips with that, bro? :D

post-11-1168646517_thumb.jpg

Archived