Gas mags inconsistancy

Spacemonkey

Well firstly I'm having a problem connecting to this forum all the time. It's sooo slow on here and always seizes up, not like the other forums I visit. Oh well... Anyway this was roughly the original post that vanished into the ether:

I've just received my order from HK: KJW M700 Take down model + 3 spare KJW mags, and another Marushin Ruger Mk1 Assassin silenced model with 4 KJW mags for it. Firstly the KJW mags for the ruger are considerably more powerful than the Marushin ones! Very noticable, but don;t hold gas for as long as the Marushin so I;m guessing longer opening valves or simply bigger valves. Oh well, must get a chrono...

The problem is with the M700 mags. All bar one are difficult to get gas into. I use Ultra air, Predator and Airsoft Dynamics own labelled gas, all 134a. Some mags take one type but not others and one won;t really take any. The valves detent and some gas appears to go in, but not enough comes out to shoot the BB properly. When the release valve is pressed manually a gush of gas comes out the port. I have removed the filling valves and sprayed silicon inside one and reassembled and it has improved a bit. Even so, the first couple of shots on any mag are very weak then it starts to kick *albatross*. But there never seems enough gas in there to fire a whole mag off at full power (the low power adaptor mentioned in the WGC review is non existant on mine).

Any ideas at all? I am only firing them on my indoor range at the mo' so it is deffo NOT a temp thing.

ps on another note I ordered a silencer attaching unit for the G3 SG1, but it won't fit over the inch or so outer barrel protruding from the sight unit and I can't see how any adaptor for a 14mm thread would!!! Grrrr!!!!!

This might sound stupid, it's a no-brainer and i'm sure you thought of it already..are you holding the gas there long enough so the mag can fill with gas? Untill it leaks out the sides..

You said you lubed up the striker valve which is good, when you press the valve in with your finger does it come back smoothly? (not the fill valve lol)

Yes on both accounts. The filling valves on them are dire to say the least. Sometimes they won;t take gas, others they will. I have three brands of gas can and have to go through the lot to find one that fills, but it's different every time. The filling valave sometimes sticks open so that all the gas you just put in gushes out...

I have found that by not filling the mag with 11bbs, but using 9 or 10, the first shots seem better, so maybe the extra BBs are exerting too much force on the bolt and thus causing bad gas seals?

Sunday was cold so used green gas which helped, but was denting a 2mm ally sheet with .36g at 100ft!!! Not good... Gun is standard out of the box...

Your problem is this: The KJW M700 is a cr*ppy, half-assed copy of a gun which is made to precise tolerences.

You have 2 practical choices:-

1) Sell it now and buy a spring sniper.

2) Muck about with it for 6 months until you're sick to death of it then sell it and buy a spring sniper.

There is a third choice, but it's not pretty.

People who (god knows why) have persisted with the KJW M700 have found it works best with a HPA rig. Get yourself a ghostbusters backpack, remove the fill valve in the mag and retap the hole to suit a HPA adaptor.

Of course, you'll need to drill and tap all your mags and fit HPA adaptors to them all if you want to be able to swap mags rather than just reload BBs into one single mag.

My KJW M700 was right up there with the G&G L85 on my list of all-time sh**ty guns.

Owned it for 12 months. Got to the stage where I was working on it for 2 hours a night about 3 or 4 times a week. NEVER trusted it enough to field it in a skirmish. I'd take it, test fire it and think it was OK then it'd start acting up and I'd put it away again. :(

Archived