Perfect CQB Team

newbkiller

after reading many posts:

hi-caps + starting players + people who dont earn UBER cash = having to carry less mags + simple loadouts.

people who dont like them i have no problem with its the fact that the people who whine when someone else uses them is annoying. surely because you think your so higher up than hi cap users you can take them out with one well place shot then whats the problem. thats the added charaistic in airsoft is the amount of variety you get in a site. not everyone uses the same weapons like RS and no one really has a given role (unless you are a team formed like that) so you never know what your going to come up across. i currently have 3 hi caps and a low cap. i play agressivly and the round limit means i can get in the action and out again in a game without worring about running low. if people dont like the fact i will be moving down a corridoor or into a room laying down some fire with the support of my team behind me so be it we will only take the room quicker :D

also you still need to reload with hi caps unlike box mags. how many times have you seen in war films someone with a heavy gun firing then reloading and getting killed (BHD.) in the process. why dont you do the same... make them lose the rounds wave your hand in the room (or is that blindwaving ;)) or pop your head in a few times. atleast then you can find out where there as so when you do make an entry you know where they are.

making a text book military or LE room entry in airsoft is useless as you KNOW there going to be covering the door your coming in. making an entry with guns firing into the room and torches blazing (its dark at electrowerkz) as you pile into a room would really make the enemy gulp. thats an airsoft entry. ive been in situations where a few players enter a room where im behind cover take them out then 15 of their teammates all run in and fan out... theres to many of them and atleast one of them would have seen your location and gone for you. its a rush being on both ends, id rather give than recieve tho :P

a gun not up and ready is a gun wasted. as experienced players it should be your duty to your team to get everyone up, ready and into a room to complete your objective not just complain about noobs standing around doing nothing. airsoft is about communication and teamwork where is it?

suppression in CQB = GOOD! through the discussion with people saying its good or bad in my case its good. suppression not only suppresses the enemy it intimidates them. sitting behing a barrel when its getting shot the sh*t out of really intimidates the hell out of you and you know what will happen if you move.

im sorry but real tactics tend go down the drain when a BB flys past your head and bounces off your teammate. because thats the biggest factor... there BBs. In regen games you die, regen and your back in the fight so agression is a key factor. In non regen games gameplay becomes SLOW and boring as no one wants to be the first in as they will know they will die and miss the rest of the game.

what i have seen by both playing and marshalling at my home site (electrowerkz) is that when you play a semi only game the agression disappears and it becomes boring (this being even WORSE in one life games) full auto seems to get people "pumped" and being "pumped" is one of the KEY things you need in CQB.

personal experience today actually (tues 13th) i was marshalling and watching some players attempt to take a room/corridoor thingy from the other team. I feel a tap on my back and realise its some of my teammates who are playing. i watch them move through everyone standing around firing the odd shot into the room and storm in torches on making entry and finding the enemys position and supressing them whilst moving fowards. the thing that pi**ed me off the most was that NO ONE literally out of the other 8 people that were there no one went in to support them so these 2 players kept moving in, taking a few out, getting hit by the enemy holding up in their doorway, going back to regen and doing it all AGAIN. they must of assaulted that room at LEAST 4 times before the game over was called and even i was shouting for the rest of the team to support them. i was holding myself back from borrowing someones aeg removing my hi-vis and supporting my brothers after watching all there efforts being wasted again and again.

although i have the upmost respect for you darklite for the duty you've payed to your country and serving in iraq but playing the "ive done it for real" card really only intimidates new players or ones who dont have any cahones, experienced players see it as a small advantage but nothing incredible. this does not mean that i am insulting you or saying you think you are a "big man" or are threatening in anyway but doing it for real is ALOT different that doing it on the skirmish site. tactics tought in the RS world keep you alive, tactics in the AS world stop you from losing... see the difference? death and pain dont come into airsoft and if you do think pain does then you REALLY shouldnt be playing CQB.

please excuse my lil essay but im really not tired and should be doing other things like sleep and its to early for punctuation and spelling but its readable.

D

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though D is one of my marshals, my personal tastes and observations differ greatly from him.

Semi-auto games:

Virtually all of the people who've played the semi-auto games agree that while the pace is slowed down a lot, this generally allows for more communication between teammates, better tactics, and more movement as it's harder to keep chokepoints locked down.

Limited lives:

With regards to limited lives, or 1-hit-and-out games, this adds a sense of urgency to what you are doing, and the increased pressure makes the game feel that much more real or atmospheric. Having a police-style briefing before deployment also increases the tension, as does having a siege scenario where the defenders don't know the game's started until they've been engaged.

Ammo limits/mag types

Ammo limitations, or hicap vs. locap debates are common at the site, which is why we have OldSkool Night - a chance for the pros to show off and prove their skill when everyone is on the same playing field ammo-wise. I myself own both hicaps and locaps. I find that the benefits of them are very personal to myself, hence i will use locaps or hicaps depending on how the mood takes me, rather than which one i think is tactically the best. The only thing that gets me with locaps is how long it takes to reload them between games. Other than that, i'd actually prefer to use them, since they are more reliable than hicaps, don't unwind, jam, rattle, or require you to w*nk them off at the most inopportune moments.

Real-life training

Contrary to what D has said above, i have noticed that many players with real-life training are generally more organised, decisive, aggressive, and confident in what they do. The way they assess, move, and communicate according to the situation at hand is on a level far above that of the average airsofter. Now certainly, this doesn't mean they always win. However, it does mean that in situations where your timing and positioning is paramount to victory (such as in a CP drill, whether protecting or ambushing), trained operatives make for much better teammates. Whilst an airsofter who knows the terrain, game rules and hidey-holes of his home site will no doubt fare better than a trained soldier who's set in his ways and adheres more to his training than exploitation of the game dynamic, you'll find that if you dropped both of them onto a brand new site, the soldier would adapt quickly to it thanks to his training, whereas the airsofter wouldn't really know where to start and either camp it out, or get cut down. I speak from my observations running several corporate events, and several skirmishes, on several different sites.

My site, and the conflict i have with Big D

Finally, and this is the most important bit, the games my marshals like are based on their playstyles, and the mindset that they themselves adhere to. Describing semi-auto as "boring" is a very personal judgement to make, and not one that contains any trace of relevence to what the majority think/want. I design my event itineraries around one thing: What makes good money for my site. I listen to what the punters like about certain games, i take on board any criticism or suggestions they make, i play a mixture of old classics, and (if the brains of that particular crowd can cope with it) i'll throw in a few new ideas from time to time. I'll always try to keep people on their toes so they feel equally stimulated during the night, and exhausted when it's over. I want to provide obstacles for them to overcome, to keep them challenged and alert.

If certain people want a hosefest, then they can pay their money at the door, go out in the yard, lace each other at pointblank range, and leave. Believe it or not, that's NOT what the majority of people at my site want, and that's NOT the kind of menu that i serve. Though you may tell me what "everyone" thinks or "everyone" wants, i have been running the site long enough that when someone comes up to me and uses that term, they are only talking about themselves, and maybe a couple of mates who don't really give a damn. Bottom line is that i only rate REAL individual feedback and REAL shows of hands, and if there was anybody who really did know better than me when it came to catering for the diverse tastes at the site or giving the punters what they really want, Firefight would be paying them, not me, to do it.

My marshalling team at Elektrowerks - our comms are top-notch, our tactics are fluid and adaptable, and we only have to point at someone for them to take their hits... :D

In fact we're so good, we've even been paid to come to other people's sites. There aren't any other teams that can boast that now are there?

... We have yet to win a game though...

... Though that said, we've also yet to lose one! :P

Well cant see the problem with hicaps personally..

All you need is to pop your head out a few times, the enemy knows where you are, and will eventually run dry trying to shoot you..

Then theres speed, most of my kills are a quick popout followed by a burst, and back again..

The head and hands are the places youd be shot at most if your doing it right.. I allways try sticking out just the barrel and my head so i just can see without exposing my entire head..

Archived