Perfect CQB Team

newbkiller

...becuase i dont want this to decend into a slanging match as you have tried to start...

Well, you certainly don't want it to become a spelling bee.

and im sorry

but this does sum up electrowerkz...

its not a militery simulation anymore... its paintball with bbs...

that thing is horrid. but thats just my opinion

Did you even read my post. I know it is horrid. I said so. I was pointing out that the weapon does not make the men, or boys in the case of Team Hassle ( :P to them) I have no difficulty in defeating them with a plain old LR300.

I tend to find that people new to CQB spend ages pimping their guns and customising to the ends of the earth. I am ashamed to hold my hand up for that one. Those who have played for a few years don't bother and stick to "real life replica" weapons with good internals.

(Then I suppose people eventually end up like Lex and start pimping the internals themselves. Personally I have asked Trip to shoot me when I get to that stage. :P )

Electrowerkz can demonstrate both the best and worst in CQB, but that is hardly the DA's fault. It certainly is the most "hardcore" of the CQB site I have been too. It is not speedball.

I would also point out that the DA's have a standing challenge to any team that wish to play them one on one. Let those who would be real men stand up and take a go. (PM Andy/Janno)

I have played in many of the CQB sites all over the south and in Wales including Longmoor and frankly the tactics, methods and passion Electrowerkz has given me has stood me in very good stead in all of them.

At Spectre for example, a DA lead assault on a defended CQB position was taken in under 10 minutes. Whereas when we were defending we lasted 48 minutes.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i belive you were invited to LFU to play SART about 2 months ago, and you ran away and didnt respond... big men...

Ran away? ...and you claim to not be starting a slanging match? Forsooth sir! You lie! {SLAP!} Have'at ye! {SLAP}

Well, you can "belive" all you want. I will speak to our social secretary and then at a time of mutual choosing we will come and beat/slap/spank/rape you.

In fairness, there are many of us who have wanted to come up to play in Sheffield for some time now. However, it's far away, and mobilising a team to travel all that way just to silence a few idly wagging tongues is... well... beneath us... particularly as they happen to be the tongues of Nobodies who i haven't heard of, nor have ever met.

Secondly, we have travelled far and wide (perhaps not as far as Sheffield, but certainly as far as South Wales and Peterborough) to play at several CQB, Urban, and Woodland sites, not to mention our regular attendance and organisation of events with fully qualified instructors (all with a wealth of experience in different fields). Many of which we have opened to airsofters outside our own team as a show of good will, and which have been very popular indeed.

It is easy to sit on your own site and claim that you are the dog's wanger of CQB, whilst casting judgement on another site and its players because of a picture you found whilst trawling the internet. You think you're good? Do what we do and hurl yourself out of your comfort zone and into uncharted terrority, and then see how you fare. I have no respect for someone that only issues challenges on their home ground. I have far more respect for the chaps at, say, Unreal CQB, who are organising a trip down to London to have a go in exchange for us going up to do the same. They decided to come to us first, rather than sit at home and throw pebbles.

Finally, Elektrowerks has a huge amount of gamestyles, and we are popular. So much so that i soon have to add yet another skirmish day to an already busy month (making it every Tuesday and 2x Sundays per month). Our variety is so highly regarded that i myself have been asked to supply and run scenarios for no less than 5 different airsofting outfits. To dismiss it as a "speedball arena" with "boxmags and bodyarmour" is clearly the voice of an ignorant little upstart who has never attended this wonderful site.

Our reputation as a site and as a team is based on real feedback, from real people. Belladonna, and others of your ilk, you may fancy yourselves as forum-celebrities, or keyboard hard-men, but the truth is that you are the big fish of a very, very little pond. Perhaps if you gained reputation through some actual achievement or experience, then you would be taken more seriously. Right now though, to accept a challenge from the likes of you would be beneath anybody.

Finally, Elektrowerks has a huge amount of gamestyles, and we are popular. So much so that...

I drag myself from one end of the country to the other, practically going without sleep for two days, to attend. In January, 3 quarters of my team will do the same. :)

roflcopter come in.... ready for extraction from LZ lmao

i found your reply to my post to be quite... sad, come play at our site

darkangels?

this is cqb, not speedball darling :)

a team that can do cqb, team SART maybe? team lightfighter?

i resent the darling factor as it looks like your trying to look down on me which i dont like. and i also resent the fact you think the DAs are full of speedball players seeing as MOST of the team dont even like the game.

with regards to my post, which i assume was in question,

i translate:

I found the previous posters comment that 'team darkangels' was good at cqb, to be humerous

and suggested two teams in the uk that ARE good at cqb/urban warfare, not playing speedball with box mags and body armour...

them being :

Team SART - The current only UK armed police based team compriseing serving officers and forces trained members.

Team Lightfighter  - lightfighter Urbans home team.

not wanting to start an electrowerkz flame war, but prefab deviders, and icle dark tunnels is speedball, id expect to play quazar in thier site. Try real buildings, thier fun :P oh, and inserting into said building from either the roof, first floor windows via apc roof, and rapelling assaults :)

"not playing speedball with box mags and body armour..." i found that pretty humerous seeing as the use of box mags is frowned upon and what do you mean by body armour are you calling us cheaters? come visit the site

as for the real buildings how about sites like Longmoor or top secret training events sadly you cant come to involving close quarters battle training, fast roping, vehicle drill and close protection.

I know I know, dramas indeed.

lot of things about that Electrowerk's crowd though, mainly concerning their pink frilly skirts and blouses...

its not hard to hear things but how about coming to the site and finding out. ey wear a pink skirt if u want only makes you easyer to shoot at

oh i heard about that.... they regularly have 'alternative' nights, and special events with boy george...

What nights are these then? are you talking about the charity event? do you not like charities or the matrix night? or do you not like a bit of fun away from the same old gameplay at your sites.

I would also like to state that the picture you included was infact a picture of another home team team hassle.

im being a tit? :P

just stateing fact... :) atending police courses, and being police officers, and forces personel is a different matter. and if you want to take this further, pm me, becuase i dont want this to decend into a slanging match as you have tried to start...

btw

thats two tits for your information

(unless ive had a mastectomy someone hasnt told me about)

and im sorry

but this does sum up electrowerkz...

321410609_da447b0f81_m.jpg

its not a militery simulation anymore... its paintball with bbs...

that thing is horrid. but thats just my opinion

Hmm. Well I must be the odd one out then. The guy who has spent his entire airsofting career using pistols at electrowerkz...

The fact is there are all types at electro. All you need to suceed is a certain level of skill, enough agression to force yourself to victory, and a certain disregard for your own life! I'm proud it call it my home site.

And for your information there are very few box mags (apart from team HASSLE, but that's their trademark and so I accept that.) And even with HASSLE I had one of their guys diving onto his *albatross* to get out of my fire from my glock! Skill is really the deciding factor at electo, and you can soon see who have it and who don't.

(As an aside: Twice a month andy? Sounds great! :D)

Back on topic:

The criteria for a good CQB team is relatively simple: They all need to be able to fill in where needed, and they all need to know what the rest of their team is doing (ie. have training from the same source).

Loadout isn't desperately important, provided they are all armed with guns that work, and have a number of tactical options available to them (shields for long corridors, pyrotechnics for rooms, etc... depending on how they are trained). What IS important is a team's ability to deal with the "what if" scenario:

The CQC tactics that are used will vary from force to force. Even within our own police force, the tactics used by the armed units of the Metropolitan police, Thames Valley police, Devon and Cornwall police, and South Wales police will all vary considerably. Our team (and other airsofters who were game for it) has had regular training from instructors (some of whom are still currently active) from all of these institutions, as well as instructors who work with PMCs. The main thing to remember is that the situation is always changing, and a team must be able to adapt. For instance, you won't always have the same Method of Entry man, you won't always have the same rear-guard, etc... and the specifics can and will change at any time. The important thing is that your tactics are organic and adaptable, and able to be executed at short notice. Whilst it is certainly fine for a team member to have their "speciality," failure to fill in the roles of the rest of your team when it is required will ensure that your team goes the way of the dodo in an actual combat situation.

Take, for example, a situation that was thrown at us during a training session at a facility in South Wales. During a simple Close Protection exercise, the CP team came under heavy fire. We had no idea that an RPG would blow up the car we had just disembarked from (and were relying on for our primary method of extraction, as well as having our longarms in the boot!). The use of blank-firers and pyrotechnic effects was astounding (as we hadn't been briefed on them beforehand), and though we initially took heavy casualties and expended so much ammo we had to pick up weapons off corpses, training and instinct eventually took over, and the VIP was extracted to safety. Now that's f*ckin teamwork!!! :D

Bottom line: You need the initiative to think on your feet, and the training to act cohesively as a unit. Simple.

Basho, I don't agree with what you said about room clearing, but the rest deserves a +1 mate!

Cheers,

Daniel

True, tis personal choice re the benefits of room clearance. I speak only from my empirical experience, but humbly submit that I am only human.

Thats what I like about the DA's; we are all able to speak our opinions openly. There is no "you must think this/say this" ######, it is all about the will and skill shown on the field.

So there are in the ranks of DA's people who love fast firing guns, People who love police training weekends, Geardo's that would make SNAFU look like rental newbies, pistoleers, pyro maniacs, old 'skool players and Kiero (although we are not sure yet what to make of him :huh:). All we ask is that when you play, you play with honour, passion and ownage.

Bottom line: You need the initiative to think on your feet, and the training to act cohesively as a unit. Simple.

Plus enough people to get the job done. ;)

The answer is there is no answer, it is entirely dependent on the situation.

Essentially you require. "A simple plan, carefully concealed, repeatedly and realistically rehearsed, and executed with surprise, speed and purpose."

Bonus points for anyone who knows where that paraphrased quote comes from. :)

Edit: Bonus points withdrawn as I actually got it verbatim. :blink:

I'd settle for six times the number of the opposition or one 2000lb bomb.

:rofl:

2000lb BB bomb, yeesh that's a lot of BB's.

True, tis personal choice re the benefits of room clearance.  I speak only from my empirical experience, but humbly submit that I am only human.

Thats what I like about the DA's; we are all able to speak our opinions openly.  There is no "you must think this/say this" ######, it is all about the will and skill shown on the field.

As above posters have said, a lot depends on your training. Many of our guys are the Military/LE type, and we use the tactics we learn in airsoft. On the other hand, there are those days when the M11's come out of the closet and the guys grab handguns, and tactics go out the window! I think I speak for both of us when I say, "If your having fun and winning, your doing whatever it is you do right."

Cheers mate!

Daniel

Our most recent instructor once said (to a bunch of untrained airsofters):

"I just can't get over the whole self-sacrifice thing with you lot. I mean, i've spent years trying to teach people how to do the opposite, and here you are, willingly engaging against the odds, throwing yourself in front of automatic weapons to draw fire, and standing around chatting casually in the middle of a firefight pointing your (loaded) weapons at each other."

It was the first time he'd ever encountered airsofters, and i'm guessing that both sides had a lot to learn about each other's methods. However, the conclusion is that airsoft is a game. With props. And roleplayers. As Basho said, you need to first understand this fact in order to overcome your opponents. If you were to treat it as a life-death situation, i doubt you would perform as well.

SETAS are always welcome at our training events - you still have yet to make an official appearance at Elektrowerks though (though you keep promising us, and we keep coming to Fallout!) ;)

I'll make sure you're kept well informed - it's usually best to keep an eye on the Elektrowerks forums for updates of special events, however. If you want to see what was involved in the ones we've already done, then the relevant threads are all on the Elektro forum (complete with itineraries) - you just have to find them.

Archived