.2 or .25 for me?

blak

Looking through forums and such I came across a nice "bang for the buck" bb that I was looking for.

Airsoft Elites. (I've been using Systemas but I can't find any comparative reviews between these and AEs, so I want to try AEs assuming that they are better)

I'm wielding an anniversary edition ICS M4 with the upgraded gears and m120 spring. I added a 6.035 tighbore barrel with teflon coated inside.

Should I buy .2g bbs or .25g bbs? How much of a difference in range will I get? Is the difference in accuracy worth it?

Right now I have a 1.5-6x40 scope. which means I hit pretty accurately with the systema bbs I've been using seeing as how I can see the bb exactly where it goes as it starts to drop and become innacurate.

So again, which should I use?

Thanks.

With an M120 spring you'll be using the gun at medium to long ranges, right?

Definately 0.25s then. ;)

What distance would you consider the ranges to be?

0m-20m is short range and any sniper shooting that close should be strung up.

How do you gain range with a heavier bb?  I would think that because the bb moves slower it takes longer to arrive at its maximum destination so there fore falls sooner, unless the weight is countered by hop up completely.

Nope, heavier bb's have more momentum because of the heavier weight which carries them as far if not further than lighter bb's.

What do you mean by again? I looked at the comparison article at the top of the page and have come to the conclusion that it's too complicated to have a simple answer. I'll stick with .20's for their cheapness. If and when I need accuracy, I'll get separate bb's for each gun. So this also means that the topic starter will be better off with even heavier bb's?

Glenn- haha thank you for that rep.

ChrisNorthInGer- As i stated previously ^^ it's a personal preference what bb's you want to use. I use .20's in my m4 all the time because they're cheaper and work fine, i use .25's when I want some more accuracy, just like you said.

edit: spelling.

What do you mean by again?  I looked at the comparison article at the top of the page and have come to the conclusion that it's too complicated to have a simple answer.  I'll stick with .20's for their cheapness.  If and when I need accuracy, I'll get separate bb's for each gun.  So this also means that the topic starter will be better off with even heavier bb's?

Heavy spring and Heavy bbs= increased long range accuracy but less FPS

Heavy spring and lighter bbs=Average long range accuracy but more FPS

Either way, they carry the same muzzle Energy (X Joules)

Same with lighter springs ect.

Thanks Glenn.

How do you gain range with a heavier bb?  I would think that because the bb moves slower it takes longer to arrive at its maximum destination so there fore falls sooner, unless the weight is countered by hop up completely.

The BBs start slowing down as soon as they leave the barrel. The faster and lighter BB loses the velocity sooner.

In a 1 Joule gun, a .25 g BB overtakes a .20 g BB at 10 metres. Anything farther away than that, the heavier one gets there sooner and more accurately, and travels a longer distance.

Search if you want more details.

-Sale

Heavy Spring+ Heavy bb's=Improved Long Range Accuracy, loss of fps (but same energy)

Medium/Light/Stock spring+.20's= Higher FPS (note still same energy), decreased long range accuracy

This is poo.

Stock spring = Stock energy

Heavier spring = more energy

Lighter spring = less energy

Energy comes from the spring, the BB mass is irrelevant. Lighter BBs go faster, heavier BBs go slower, energy stays the same.

Archived