1. 1. Is it ok to wear unit badges

• Yes
    • No
    • only if you are ex millitary
    • yes but not the badges of special forces

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i totaly agree UNLESS the force in question has (like the vityaz) given conncent to what your wearing. ie they activly aid and abet russian themed players to make sure all patches etc are correct BUT they made one request, no red beret as that is ther badge of honor.

thi this topic comes up every now and again,

some people dont care. some people are arogant and think they can do as they wish (they can but its anotehr issue) some dont like it.

Airsoft is a military simulation focusing on realism. If you want to be unrealistic by wearing jeans, T-shirt, and have an MP5K with a drum mag, you're free to do so. If you want to be realistic and get a realistic loadout and wear unit patches, you're free to do so. If anyone objects to it, it's their problem, not your's.

Personally I think people who tell you not to should sod off. They don't have the right to tell you what you can and cannot wear.

Some people have a problem with it.

Personally, and AFAIK this is the opinon of most airsofters, is that if the patches are part of a specific loadout and you do not pretend to have earned the insignia when you have not, then it's fine.

Wearing an SAS patch and claiming to have been first through the window in the embassy seige when you're a spotty 18 year old will get you ridiculed. ;)

i think peope shouldnt wear badges of actull units ie 2 para ,42 commondo ect unless they are acultly a ex or current serving personel because people earn them badge during training and are proud of what they have done . ( have family serving in paras marines and army and raf )

i dnt think wearing the special forces pacthes is bad only pacthes that are select to a certain unit

I agree with what Ghost said. If you wear the badge and have not earned the rank in the military, then do not say you have. If you say you have, you are impersonating someone you have no right to impersonate, and that's when you become too arogant to wear the badge any time.

So yeah, if you just wear the badge and, when asked, speak the truth about earning it or not, then it's just fine. However, if you say you've earned it when you have not, you shouldn't even be in this sport.

I am Prior Military , I am also the Son Of A US Green Beret . My men Wear the Coveted SF Arrowhead and the Scrolls which were given to us by Actual SF Members . great thing is , is that We have been told by SF that you either Wear them right and with the respect and honor that they deserve or dont wear them at all. If your going to wear any type of insignia wear it right!

On Aside note I always find that it is those who have not served who defend the whole Patch insignia and Rank debate. We appriciate you sticking up for what we have rightfully earned but just understand it's not a big deal at all.

Wear what you want and do it with Pride and honor which the SF patches the Infantry patches Flashes or SAS tabs deserve . And for heavens sake if you are approached by a Prior or active member of the military and they tell you to adjust your patch , don't blow thme off and say who cares it's only airsoft...

Rad(Ret. USAF)

personally, I think its all a big pile of elephant's turd.

The soldier's I've spoken to about this issue (admittedly all british, so this will obviously differ from country to country) couldn't give a damn what people choose to wear- even if you go round making out like you're some hard-as-nails bigshot, most of the people who've been through the training can spot a tourist a mile off, and will laugh at them before doing something unpleasant to you while your back is turned.

Frankly, any soldier getting upset over an airsofter impersonating them really need s to understand that if what they are is something that they consider special and something to be proud of, then some tubby bugger in a green beret really is only something to laugh at, NOT get upset over.

I just feel, sometimes, that the people who DO get upset aren't even military, and so really haven't any right to be complaining. if the squaddies don't care, why should anyone else?

I personally feel it's fine, just don't claim to be current or ex-military if you're not. There's nothing wrong with having aspirations and a willingness to want to represent a certain unit, but then again just don't go round lying through your teeth. I've seen it a few times and it makes you look like a real Grade A twonk.

Re-enactors represent units of days gone by - they're not serving or ex-unit guys, but not once have I met a veteran who has complained at me for being part of a re-enactment group. They're glad a fair and detailed representation of their history is being kept alive to make younger generations aware.

The same goes for airsoft - it's a simulation, not real life - so I don't see the trouble. Some people may have worked hard to get their badge but thats a personal achievement and one which they can share as being in real-life! :)

some people are arogant and think they can do as they wish (they can but its anotehr issue)

Airsoft is a military simulation focusing on realism. If you want to be realistic and get a realistic loadout and wear unit patches, you're free to do so. If anyone objects to it, it's their problem, not your's.

Personally I think people who tell you not to should sod off. They don't have the right to tell you what you can and cannot wear.

all aboard the roflcopter!

Im all for the no patches unless you earn them, flags are ok, but a seal impression screams seal without needing a navy swg patch to confirm it...

i wouldnt wear a 50m swimming badge if i didnt earn it :P

if i had to fill that role, im sure a bathing suit would sufice....

and possibly water wings...

gets the message accross just the same....

a bhd delta loadout says deltafarce instantly, no need for the patch to tell you that. ive yet to see people walking round the safe zone makeing sure people have the right patch before thier allowed to play...

I'm all up in the air about this one. When I get my Name tapes made for my BDU they are going to say Whiskey11 (My callsign) and ASOA (My team, not US ARMY, MARINES, RANGERS,ETC) When it comes to unit patches i'll just wear my team patch. No one knows the difference in the end unless they physically approach you and search you. Then again I do not care if someone does wear unit patches etc. My Only greif is those who have legit MARPAT and dont take the time to take care of it. Thats a disgrace to the EGA. I have one peice of gear with the EGA on it (Albeit the only peice of gear I have that has any markings resembling an armedforce) and I take care of it like the crazy Dean of Students is going to come and shoot me if I dont... (Its only my PASGT Helmet cover.....)

I dunno, I just see that there is a way to not wear unit patches etc by replacing them with team patches or personal patches. If your not on a team and dont want to be on one then why wear the unit patches too? /shrug I DONT KNOW! AHHH!

I think it's fine, as long as you respect what it is. And you should probably know a bit of the history of your "unit".

I myself only wear flags and a POW MIA badge. Eventually I hope to get custom team patches.

I will not wear unit patches as I have not earned them. I make reccomendations to my personal friends to do the same, but as for everyone else in the world, its your choice. I couldnt care less if you wear a patch of a unit you are re enacting. For those who are claiming to be something they are not, thats on your @$$, If a real mil soldier has a problem with it he will deal with you, not my job so have fun.

Archived