1. 1. Is it ok to wear unit badges

• Yes
    • No
    • only if you are ex millitary
    • yes but not the badges of special forces

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for unit patches/insignia, I think you can wear what you like, just don't go around big timing it, sod's law says you will annoy someone connect to the unit in question. Personally, I'm a serving soldier so any insignia that I wear will only be the ones I've earned the right to wear. Flags are fine, there's nothing wrong with being patriotic.

As for rank - if your team has a chain of command then wearing rank is acceptable. Otherwise don't bother. Rank marks an earned place in your contries military, and the oaths of service taken.

My overall point is this - where what you like, just don't go big timing it.

belladonna sounds far from threatening :P.

Not so much that, but this topic is always contentious and we really don't need people posting such blatent flamebait.

For what it's worth, I've never been one for unit patches - I have a team patch that I wear. However, I don't have a problem with anyone wearing a patch they haven't earned unless they actually claim to have earned it when they havent - that sort of thing makes you a cock.

Not so much that, but this topic is always contentious and we really don't need people posting such blatent flamebait.

For what it's worth, I've never been one for unit patches - I have a team patch that I wear. However, I don't have a problem with anyone wearing a patch they haven't earned unless they actually claim to have earned it when they havent - that sort of thing makes you a cock.

I agree with the Above Statement. Wear it right or not at all. And don't claim to be unless you really are. This is a sensitive subject and it can be summed up in a few words.

"To each their own"

Airsoft :Just Play

Lt

stubbornbugger- no worries, its just one of those bones of contention in airsoft- bit like the whole "why the hell shouldn't I call it a clip if I want to?!" debate...

basically, I think it will very much depend on where you play on a regualr basis, and what the opinions of the poeple there is- afterall, there's no point us saying "do what you like!" if the people you play against take all this stuff deathly seriously and will make your life a living hell if you don't conform. Sometimes, for the sake of a quiet life, its easier just to play, and not get into the politics of it all :)

I only have one "patch" on my kit - and I've no idea what it mean - it's a small square with a diagonal split - yellow and blue.

On the subject of people wearing them - fine, as long as they don't think it qualifies them for something...

CC

this is a strange topic. Strange in the fact that the more elite a soldier is, the less he is likely to care that someone wants to wear their unit patch.

Do you really think a real life SAS trooper woulf give a flying *fruitcage* if you a wear winged dagger on your beret?

The only people i can see getting bothered by this are people who hero worship soldiers or maybe non frontline soldiers who take themselves too seriously.

Nobody has a right to tell you what you can or cant wear, just do what you want, people!

Darkchild

At the site i play at theres a royal marine commando, whos served and is now in the marine reserve (or whatever the name is.) He wears his green beret every game as he earnt it.

However, the team he runs has a team patch on one arm to denote the team and a royal marine dagger flash thingymajig on the other arm to denote the section. He's the only soldier there and hands these badges out for those on the team to wear. So i very much doubt he cares either way. :P

I never understood what all the fuss is about... Why shouldn't it be okay to wear badges or rank insignia? Nobody is actually claiming to have earned them, it's all part of creating a realistic atmosphere in a pretend play - pretty much what actors do in movies. And whenwas the last time anybody tried to kill Bruce Willis for claiming to be a Seal...

From my point of view, it could be seen like this:

If you wear a sports team's jersey, and you weren't actually a member of that team, the actual teammembers wouldn't be upset about it.

Precisely. Why do most people replicate Seals/ SAS loadouts? Because they're pretty badass and we wish we could be them. The loadout's nothing more than an homage to the safety they provide us all. *Plays patriotic music and waves flag* :usflag:

And as far as this whole things concerned why not do as I do and have a PMC loadout? No patches required...

I am Prior Military , I am also the Son Of A US Green Beret . My men Wear the Coveted SF Arrowhead and the Scrolls which were given to us by Actual SF Members . great thing is , is that We have been told by SF that you either Wear them right and with the respect and honor that they deserve or dont wear them at all. If your going to wear any type of insignia wear it right!

Hoooaaah! Rock on. Quoted for the truth, the whole truth and nothin but the truth.

Being ex Service myself, I get more offended by people pinning rank on themselves just becuase they're the leader of their little 3 man team.... and not tucking in their boot laces.

AFAIK it's not allowed to wear any kind of insignia that is of our country's army. So if that's the case in other countries...then wth would some boy be allowed to wear them (our insignia if it was so popular like SAS, Delta etc.) even if it's in another country? I voted No.

Well, im back now from the impromptue suspention for no reason...

for the record, i was not being threatening, i was stateing fact, sorry... <_<

Ive had quite a number of people come up to me and give me a verbal chewing for having 2nd Lt rank insignia on my combat jacket... which i love to retort with the fact that i erned it, sending the little walt who decided to be mr big scurrying off...

Its a contentious issue, thats correct,a nd i think we need to understand its each to thier own, we cant stop people doing something they want to do...

its a free country

but the 'well they do in films' comments doesnt hold much water for me, as a film is a portrayal of something, that when watched, is meant to represent reality, ie, the character is in that regt, or the character has earned his seal tab, or jump wings, airsofters are self admitedly, imitateing...

Archived