1. 1. Is it ok to wear unit badges

• Yes
    • No
    • only if you are ex millitary
    • yes but not the badges of special forces

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

again, its all to do with who you regularly play with, and whether or not you want to go toe-to-toe with them every blummin' skirmish.

I personally am the sort of person who, when faced with some jumped up little hitler telling me what to do (particularly if they're threatening me with violence), will automatically do it very loudly and very obviously.

I just don't like fashion nazis. if you think its "dishonourable" fine, don't wear 'em. just don't try telling me what to wear, or you'll have to do it every day for the rest of your life :)

again, its all to do with who you regularly play with, and whether or not you want to go toe-to-toe with them every blummin' skirmish.

I personally am the sort of person who, when faced with some jumped up little hitler telling me what to do (particularly if they're threatening me with violence), will automatically do it very loudly and very obviously.

I just don't like fashion nazis. if you think its "dishonourable" fine, don't wear 'em. just don't try telling me what to wear, or you'll have to do it every day for the rest of your life :)

w/e, ive yet to tell someone not do do it... personally, i dont like it, but thats it, i find it dishonourable yes, but i wont tell someone they cant wear it... opinions are our own, we have no right to impose our opinions on others... (and who is threatening violence?, ive yet to see someone threaten to cave someones head in if they didnt take off a patch, yeesh, id rather not go to your regular site! :P)

I only have one "patch" on my kit - and I've no idea what it mean - it's a small square with a diagonal split - yellow and blue.

On the subject of people wearing them - fine, as long as they don't think it qualifies them for something...

CC

Like this?

RLCDZpatch.jpg

If so, it's a Royal Logistics Corps DZ Flash

Well, im back now from the impromptue suspention for no reason...

[17:53] xXRachaelXx - I admit to likeing armalites... Fashion victim? YES!: ah another flame war

[17:53] xXRachaelXx - I admit to likeing armalites... Fashion victim? YES!: can you smell the burning ethernet?

[17:53] Largo_Sama: ??

[17:53] xXRachaelXx - I admit to likeing armalites... Fashion victim? YES!: the patches topic in gear

[17:53] xXRachaelXx - I admit to likeing armalites... Fashion victim? YES!: with 2 mods watching

[17:53] xXRachaelXx - I admit to likeing armalites... Fashion victim? YES!: and 8 members

[17:54] Largo_Sama: I don't see a flame war, yet

[17:54] Largo_Sama: no insults

[17:55] xXRachaelXx - I admit to likeing armalites... Fashion victim? YES!: emphasis on yet

[17:55] xXRachaelXx - I admit to likeing armalites... Fashion victim? YES!: it shall happen

[17:55] xXRachaelXx - I admit to likeing armalites... Fashion victim? YES!: im currently thowing some extra wood on

[17:55] xXRachaelXx - I admit to likeing armalites... Fashion victim? YES!: i love this topic

[17:55] xXRachaelXx - I admit to likeing armalites... Fashion victim? YES!: got a spare lighter?

[17:55] xXRachaelXx - I admit to likeing armalites... Fashion victim? YES!: *goes to find petrol*

No, you weren't planning on starting a flame war at all...... :rolleyes:

Wind your neck in, or you'll find yourself on the end of a much longer suspension.

and threatening me with suspention for complaining?

this is silly, you need to learn to take a joke... as i OBVIOUSLY was... ffs

has humour and sarcasm died a death? would i talk on msn to a mod and then tell them i was about to break forum rules... you cant under stand when someone is winding you up G_R ;)

You made an inflamatory posting.

You TOLD ME, with NOT A TRACE OF SARCASM, and with a prior history of ###### over these topics, that you intended to start flaming.

You're now bitching about a moderating decision and claiming it was unjustified.

NEWS FLASH: it was perfectly so.

I am once again ADVISING you to wind your neck in.

We now return you to your scheduled topic. ;)

erm, smileys in the quoted comments? joke?

and im not bitching, ive officially complained

*neck well and truly wound in*

You've now claimed on MSN that you are unhappy and are going to complain to R22master about my decison. That's fair enough, but I find that rather amusing given as R22master has been informed of the matter, and found your whinging nothing but amusing.

So if he rang the police and told them he was going to shoot his neighbour, would he then complain when an ARU showed and say he was only joking? If he can't behave, kick him off.

on topic:i think useing old patches works well, it give teams a unique look, and honours a now dead unit... they live on in some form...

Indeed, Back on topic.

So it's OK to wear Waffen-SS insignia but not the insignia of the Royal Scots Dragoons?

That depends - have you done a full SS loadout?

Sticking it on DPM is not on, but if you've made the effort to do a german SS loadout, well.....someone's got to play the 'robber' side of this game.

So if I wear a FOXHOUND patch, should I walk around going "What was that noise?" and failing to see people 20 feet in front of me?

ROFL

I've got a full Wermacht loadout. The vets give me tips on how to improve the loadout and tell us how great it is that we honor their unit all the time. In fact we've been invited to their Annual Reunion.

If thats so then equally there should be no problem with doing a proper loadout of any unit, whether it is serving or not.

The argument against wearing patches just seems to be going round in circles.

The argument on this topic always seems to go round and round...

People who think it's offensive will never be convinced that their argument is unsound, and vice versa. I do find it ironic that the most dogmatic on this subject never seem to be ex-service personnel though.

At least in peace time, the military have no authority over civilians, therefore they cannot FORCE anyone not to wear what they like. Of course civilians should respect the military's right to be ###### off and whine, but that's all... ;)

If a Paraca or a Legionario came to me in a game and told me to remove a beret, pin, etc. he'd rather not try to apply any degree of force... or I would sue him :waggle:

Or should we ban insignia from videogames? In videogames you impersonate SOF personnel too, don't you?

BTW, I don't see the point of wearing any badges or whatever. In fact the most SFish uniforms are sterile ones, or even civilian clothes...

Personally I...as a civilian have no real opinion on it but I do get both sides of the argument.

I do think its funny how so many people complain where as some of the older generation find nothing wrong with it.

What I do thinks wrong is when people shove their opinion down peoples throats, if you happen to be in the Army or were and someones wearing your unit patch or a qual you gained (or is hard to attain) and you dont like it mayb talk to the guy and voice your opinion (politely) he may take your opinion and respect it.

Someone once posted in one of these topics that someone jumped on someone mid game and ripped a patch from the guys jacket as he refused to take it off. That sort of behaviour is a big no no and so tells me that individual deserves no respect and should probably be banned from the site for assualt and damage to property.

Sorry having a slightly vent heavy day :D

EDIT: None of the poll answers apply to my (and some others I think) opinion, they seem to think its fine as long as you show some respect so may a "do it if you want to" option could be added...yes doesnt cover it

Owdoo

As a bit of a newb Ive found this thread intresting. As an ex soilder Im not bothered if someone dresses like my old regt, but i do find it slightly amusing when you get people kitted out in SF loadouts with the tactical sense of a stunned lettuce! We're all here to enjoy ourselves and if you want to kit up as a SEAL, Jedi or a GTA gangbanger its up 2 u and no-one has realy got a right to do you down. Its a personal issue thing, ive been doing martial arts since i was 12 but i'd never wear or claim a grade i had'nt been given by my peers and i wouldnt wear sniper desg or a CMT patch if i hadnt earned them and thats MY choice. too many people try to enforce their opinions on to others and spoil the common goal we all share ENJOYING AIRSOFT in our own way. And if its dressing in the kit of a unit u admire, a tip of the hat to a legend or playing live action man then of you go and enjoy. their are enuf people trying to take away the things we enjoy without us stropping with ourselve over such a petty subject.

I know a couple of guys who were out wearing badges on their jackets and some current military guys got kinda ######.

It seems to me that if you havent earned the badge then you shouldnt wear one.

Also some have said its ok to wear a badge as long as your not pretending that you actually are in the unit, well just by wearing the badge you are pretending to be in it. that is what airsoft is all about.

My opinion and its just that, if you didnt earn it dont wear it.

Archived