G36 not feeding at all..

Yeager

Gah, looks like the forums had a burp and deleted my post..

lets try this again!

Ok, my G36/SL8 was not feeding. That has been resolved.

however now my hopup seems to have no affect even when its turned all the way on. Theres no change in the rubber hump even when its fully turned on, so I'm getting abysmal range.

I've taken it down a dozen times or so and theres no problem with the bucking or the spacer. infact both of those pieces look good. Its as if the wheel isn't pushing the hopup in far enough or something...

I've got this problem with my STAR UMP as well, and as it stands neither gun is operational due to this.

Any help would be appreicated.

Edited for removal of an oxymoron, Doh..

I had this problem on my G36, there was a crack in the hopup chamber when the nozzle hit it the chamber flexed. It worked ok for awhile and it eventually snapped in two. I replaced it with a new one and it worked fine again.

You said you have taken yours down and not seen anything wrong so this may not be your answer, but its worth a shot.

cachamberg36bigoe3.jpg

"Between" those parts there should be a small rubber tube, it's supposed to press down on the hopup rubber, pushing the "rubber hump" down into the barrel.

These can be easily squashed flat, so they hardly apply any preassure at all.

It's cheap to replace, some even make their own out of the ink tube from a ballpoint pen as an emergency fix.

I'd just get a Prometheus soft hopup rubber, comes with one of those buckings too.

They're great.

cachamberg36bigoe3.jpg

"Between" those parts there should be a small rubber tube, it's supposed to press down on the hopup rubber, pushing the "rubber hump" down into the barrel.

These can be easily squashed flat, so they hardly apply any preassure at all.

It's cheap to replace, some even make their own out of the ink tube from a ballpoint pen as an emergency fix.

I'd just get a Prometheus soft hopup rubber, comes with one of those buckings too.

They're great.

nope mines intact and still there, as is the little arm that sits on it. I honestly have no idea whats keeping it from hoping.

even the ridges in the wheel are intact..

maybe the whole in the inner-barrel is not alinged proper with the Hop unit and turning the wheel is just smaching the little nub against the barrel rather than pushing it into the barrel?

The barrel does like to rotate a bit while installed outside of the gun, but its properly alligned and dosen't move while its in the gun, one can see the hopup hole and nub that looks like its trying to come down but dosent come down far enough when the upper is tilted into the light

Thanks for all the help, atleast my SL8 is working now.

but my UMP is still having the same problem, and during a test fire it stripped all the gears. Again there is no hopup effect whatso ever, and when theres too much hopup the gun just jams itself over and over.

this is a star model by the way and I just poured 100 dollars worth in parts in it trying to make it work.

now I'm faced with a delima, buy a new hopup unit, nozzel, sel plate, and a hopup.

Or send it off to AEX and let them take a look at it, and risk them taking off rails and whatnot for their own personal guns..

Archived