Making a sling at home.

gazchap

I'm not sure if this should be in Technical, so move it if you wish :D

Anyway, I'm not exactly blessed with the ability of constructing stuff in real life. I want to build my own sling for my MP5 rather than buying one, but I don't know where the best place to get everything is.

I can use a belt I have here as the base of it all, but when it comes to the fixings at either end, my mind draws a blank. I don't know what the best thing to get is, nor where to get it from.

Any ideas?

thing is with the flecktarn SA80 sling, if you unclip the clip, the sling becomes a pointless piece of webbing attached to your gun, not the one point shoulder sling it does on a tactical sling.

again, if you want one, very similar to the viper sling, at half the price, then PM me, or email the people i'm getting them off at gmhobbitindustries@gmail.com !

i've got no beef with flecktarn, in fact im about to place an order for some, from them, but the sling isnt as good as it could be, also, you've got postage on top of that sling, which last time i checked, was £8.00 whatever. so the GM Hobbit Indutries sling for £10.00 posted is quite good compared to the lower usefullness and yet more expensive £13.00 flecktarn one....

I'm not sure if this should be in Technical, so move it if you wish :D

Anyway, I'm not exactly blessed with the ability of constructing stuff in real life. I want to build my own sling for my MP5 rather than buying one, but I don't know where the best place to get everything is.

I can use a belt I have here as the base of it all, but when it comes to the fixings at either end, my mind draws a blank. I don't know what the best thing to get is, nor where to get it from.

Any ideas?

Or mail order from http://www.pointnorth.co.uk/

thing is with the flecktarn SA80 sling, if you unclip the clip, the sling becomes a pointless piece of webbing attached to your gun, not the one point shoulder sling it does on a tactical sling.

Are you attaching it properly, or I am not getting what you mean? :)

As far as I can tell from photgraphs, you have it un-clipped when firing/running, or when you need to swing it on to your back.

The 80 sling allows you to carry the weapon in a comfortable position for no tactical patrols it should be tight on you when you have the clip done up, when unclipped the sling allows the weapon to become free. This makes it possible to shoulder the weapon. Also when its un clipped the weapon is still slung on your body, and wont go any were if you let go of it. I have used these slings go knows how many times and they are fine and comfortable!

Its the same one in the piccy but it need to be tighter when the clip is done up, so the weapon is going accross the chest and not hanging down. Also one point about the piccy, the rear sling loop shuld be down by your right hip and left sling loop (nearer the muzzle of the weapon) should be up by your left shoulder. This will allow the weapon to to have the muzzle faceing up when the weapon is clipped to your chest. And when the clip is relesed it will let the weapon shoulder easyer! Hope that makes sense :unsure:

This will allow the weapon to to have the muzzle faceing up when the weapon is clipped to your chest. And when the clip is relesed it will let the weapon shoulder easyer! Hope that makes sense :unsure:

Ah, excellent :) I'll have a tinker later.

Basically, if it's adjusted properly, when clipped you can't use the rifle. I leave mine (on an AUG) a little loose, as I'm not playing with real bullets!

Enough room to shoulder when clipped gives you a bit of back-ache, but faster reaction to threats.

Unclipping gives you a bit more freedom to move - especially useful if prone.

*badgeress* to carry, though, as it gets quite tight around the chest (an Academy would probably be fine, but an AUG is a wee bit chunkier!)

Dave's problem was that he forgot the thread the sling through the loop at the bottom of the clip...

Archived