Airsoft Innovations Propane Adapter

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know a reliable shop in the UK willing to ship propane to France.

Cause at mjtcontrols, propane seems to be expensive. As we can get a 1 liter bottle of ultrair for only 10€, here in France.

The site says "PROPANE CYLINDER 14.1oz", I managed to find it's nearly 400ml. Am I right ?

Thanks.

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know a reliable shop in the UK willing to ship propane to France.

Cause at mjtcontrols, propane seems to be expensive. As we can get a 1 liter bottle of ultrair for only 10€, here in France.

The site says "PROPANE CYLINDER 14.1oz", I managed to find it's nearly 400ml. Am I right ?

Thanks.

400g = 14.1oz

Green gas cans are marked with 1000mL which is pretty bogus. I posted on another forum about this awhile ago:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.ph...ht=taiwanese+mL

I later weighed the difference between new and empty GG cans and found that cans contain around 270g of propane which is significantly less than the 400g (bernzomatic cans) or 465g (coleman brand) fill mass in fuel propane tanks.

Even if you don't believe the weight difference results, measure the exterior dimensions of a green gas can and you'll find that they can't even contain 1000mL of volume. You can weigh the difference between full and empty cans with a digital scale. If you don't have one, bring your cans to a post office or even a grocery store and borrow theirs for a minute.

Well thanks for the link.

But volume may change with temperature and pressure.

Well I have a bottle of 1000ml of ultrair, smaller than a 800ml HFC green gas one :blink:

Anyway, do you know a canadian retailer shipping Coleman or Bernzomatic to France ?

Cheers.

Well thanks for the link.

But volume may change with temperature and pressure.

Well I have a bottle of 1000ml of ultrair, smaller than a 800ml HFC green gas one :blink:

Anyway, do you know a canadian retailer shipping Coleman or Bernzomatic to France ?

Cheers.

Well, you print the volume of a containers contents in the sold state. A can of pop contains 341mL even though the gas dissolved in the pop expands past the initial volume of 341mL. 1000mL has nothing to do with the contents of green gas cans. It's an arbitrary value slapped on. The contents of GG cans is not equal to 1000mL inside the can and it expands well past 1000mL if you inflate a bag with it.

Sorry, I don't know of any retaillers of propane who ship to France.

By the way, MadMax, how´s the duster gas adapter progressing? I´m asking because propane is not available in my country (in suitable containers), but there are lots of domestic computer duster gas available. And it´s cheap.

Edit: Also we´re at the moment possibly facing a total ban of Green Gas (bottled for airsoft purposes by airsoft manufacturers), so we might run out of options soon.

Edited by Vektor
By the way, MadMax, how´s the duster gas adapter progressing? I´m asking because propane is not available in my country (in suitable containers), but there are lots of domestic computer duster gas available. And it´s cheap.

Edit: Also we´re at the moment possibly facing a total ban of Green Gas (bottled for airsoft purposes by airsoft manufacturers), so we might run out of options soon.

gah. Delays after delays. I think production should start tommorow and take a couple days.

then I have to hound my webmaster into helping me get them onto the site. I may be putting together my own website addition in the interim which will be a decided break from the usual look of my site. My work is significantly kludgier looking than my webmasters work.

Old dog new algerbra problem. I can gnaw stuff out of metal and plastic, but the last time I tried to machine a webpage, things went funny.

I'm looking at these propane adapters, but I can't help thinking...

1 - Propane is flammable

2 - I'd use it in full-metal guns

3 - Metal-on-metal has the potential for sparking

Couldn't a spark from the metal-metal contact send the whole lot up?

All forms of Airsoft Green Gas seem to be flammable anyway and I've never heard anyone blowing up their airsoft guns from using it. The chances of a spark coming from your full metal airsoft gun are slim to none. How often do sparks fly from your full metal guns?

I got my adaptor last week. The one thing that prevented me from frequently using my GBB was I didn't like wasting Green Gas, which costed me $21.00 a can.

Now that I don't have to deal with that (I can propane that holds 2x the gas for $2.35) I run around with my GBB alot! :D

These things are great. But beware, Propane smells awful!

• 1 year later...

I own a v4 version. Unfortunately, it is no compatible with the fittings of the big (11Kg) propane containers. It seems imposible to here find propane disposable cans that fit with this adapter, the screw is different.

Maybe the solution is use an A2 + F276130 adaptors like its said in this page. That torch seems screwed on a disposable gas container.

Any comments or ideas? Or are we dommed to buy "green gas" until we burst?

I own a v4 version. Unfortunately, it is no compatible with the fittings of the big (11Kg) propane containers. It seems imposible to here find propane disposable cans that fit with this adapter, the screw is different.

Maybe the solution is use an A2 + F276130 adaptors like its said in this page. That torch seems screwed on a disposable gas container.

Any comments or ideas? Or are we dommed to buy "green gas" until we burst?

oops, I forgot to add the link, here it is

http://www.artglass1.com/hotheadr.htm

• 2 weeks later...
Email AI and ask if there's a local stockist in the area. Buying direct from Canada is simple though, I know of several folks that have simply sent Paypal payment and recieved the goods in a simple cardboard packet within days.

Yup, I ordered one and it came 5 days later. Not bad at all considering how far it had to come! It cost me about £23 (includeing the silicone oil) and has very nearly payed for itself already!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...