Unique Alpine TPG1 - candyman style

Candyman

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, thats part f it though, when you blast past a 911 or something in a yellow Nova of all things it does leave them wondering.

Ok back on topic now.

Started filing the back curve out, very hard this as its got a slant on it and im trying to file a curve at a 45 degree angle...... its tough.

ua083.JPG

Also filed the bolt handle smooth so it clears the housing (hopefully)

ua084.JPG

ua085.JPG

Started filing the back curve out, very hard this as its got a slant on it and im trying to file a curve at a 45 degree angle...... its tough.

you said it :nosleep: had to do that a few times on softer material and really had to be very careful to do the curve right or else its back to square one ;)

Dude, just spent the last hour reading through this thread- its always good to hear your thoughts as well as looking at the pictures on you site. You got the same Bipod as me, only a slightly longer version- they are good quality harris replicas. And the scope- that looks like a seriously good quality item- great for low light shooting with the illuminated recticle. Candyman items are always brilliant, and you are a true inspiration to us all. Oh yeah, my TXT-1 went for £162, which isnt too bad I guess..... anyway; good work dude!!!

Problems............ well not really problems, i knew it was gonna be like this i just didnt really have a solution at the time. filed the other side out.

ua087.JPG

cut the groove and now left with a little bit with no easy way to attach it to the gun. Though hmm.... well.... ok, i'll drill a hole between where the two halfs meet and stick a pin in there to see how well that holds and if its ###### i'll do something else.

ua088.JPG

my heart wasnt in it and i snapped a 2mm drill off in it! once i got done digging it out theres no material left to use. I think im going to have to make this bit again with a mahoosive tag on the bottom so I can attach it to the main body of the gun.

ua089.JPG

4 hours later all is well. Proved a bit harder in practise, mainly because of the amount to metal flying around, once I cut one section it was impossible to back the vice off and shuffle it along, there was just too much metal swarf everywhere so I had to take it right out brush the vice grip down and put it back in. Im happy with it, its tough to get a good picture as its 650mm long! Not worth it yet really until I polish it, that'll take quite some time also. This wont be done until ive managed to attach it to the gun.

ua113.JPG

ua114.JPG

ua115.JPG

I seriously want one of those shrouds now. And that trigger, you do realise people pay up to £50 or more for polished alloy triggers (on airrifles), and you can just bang 'em out in next to no time- theres an easy way to make money. As for the bipod attachment, the fore-end has a dovetail groove running down it into which slots a bipod stud (with a little hole running through it sideways), the bipod has a little pair of clamps which grab onto/into the stud/hole and then as you tighten the nut up, the bipod clamps on solidly to the underside of the fore-end. However, I think your method is going to look much sexier- its the candyman way.......

Archived