HMS Habbakuk

Hoppum

I remember seeing a show on the Discovery channel a few years back about this. I remember they made a large chunk of pycrete (basically water and sawdust) and floated in in a lake. I don't know how long it lasted, but I know the project was abandoned long before it melted.

*EDIT* You can get "My tank is fight!" off Amazon. I have a copy, but haven't read it yet. You can find more of Zack Parsons (the guy who wrote it) work Here

I remember seeing a show on the Discovery channel a few years back about this. I remember they made a large chunk of pycrete (basically water and sawdust) and floated in in a lake. I don't know how long it lasted, but I know the project was abandoned long before it melted.

Did you click the link?

From the first review of My Tank is Fight on Amazon.com

It was filled with all kinds of illustrations of things from the book and if it's too long for you to read (it isn't), the back has a summary of what happens inside the book!

:lol:

Now until recently I was rather depressed. It seemed that the chances of someone being able to become a super villain were entirely unlikely in real life. Simply because many of the things that super villains do cannot be replicated in real life. However I have recently learnt two things...

A: You can build huge frozen fortressec out of ice (IE the story we have just read)

B: An Ethiopian church claims to have The Arc of the Tokens (or Covenant, for all you Indiana Jones fans) and this seems to be supported by archeological evidence.

All of a sudden a plan is begining to form...

Edit: Wood pulp is just sawdust right?

Edit 2: Anyone wishing to join my league of evil please send me a PM.

Sledge, I think you have just found your nemesis.

:P

Hitmanno2, you can, do you have any obsure methods for killing people? Or an army of ninja's? Until our Ice fortress is built, we will be using my mums basement. Oh, you must also wear an eyepatch regardless of wether you have both eyes.

Notice. Jobs.

If you fit one of the following categories then you may be interested in joining our league of evil.

Are you a...

ex Nazi or ex Soviet General

Samurai (Sekiriu may apply but will need to under go a 'you only live twice' style transformation, unless you are of Japanese descent) :P Ninja's will also be considered.

Chinese Warlord or magician

Arabic Tribal leader

Athletic but lethal woman (Catsuit will be suplied)

Cuban terrorist (Non smokers need not apply)

Ex Soviet scientist (Minimum of C+ at GCSEs science required)

Mid African rebel leader (Group of Klashnikov toting hip shooters a must)

Hooks for hands and eyepatches are bonuses, peg legs, ninja armies will also be taken into consideration.

Hitmanno2, you can, do you have any obsure methods for killing people?

Do I? I have notebooks full of them, so i'm sure I would be a worthy addition to your team. For my first order of business, I think I will aquire a huge warehouse with many, many freezers in (like the film Boiler Room, but freezers instead of phones) That will be the catalyst for the construction of our ice fortress.

You're hired.

Now if you will excuse me I am going to make some pulp, which is apparently made by grinding up pinewood. Then I will go ask at Maplins if they could source the components for me to power the many freezers we need to keep a 4 million tonne Ice fortress frozen.

Archived