Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM CQB .308

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got it from RedWolf. normally i have awesome service... but this time...

LOL, come on now i don't think Redwolf can be held resposible for US customs or for the currently very busy postal service, or the huge demand for toys over the festive season!

But Yes I will be doing a skirmish review as well, along with some other technical reviews on the SOCOM. Right now i have my hands full with the series of reviews on MadBull and the exclusive interview wth the CEO of Madbull and Echo1.

I got mine from redwolf and well i live in england it said 2-7 DAYS but its been 3 WEEKS

Yes but they can not garuntee how long it will sit in customs, It takes 2 days for a package from Hong Kong to arrive in Japan max, it then can take anywhere between 1 day to 2 weeks to clear customs, you also need to take the Parcel Farce factor into consideration!

i'm hoping to pick one up as soon as i try it out at airsoft extreme next week. Anybody know if the guarder FTK is? i want to keep it below 400 FPS because my SPR isn't legit at most fields in the US.

and how comfortable is it? i used my friends metal and wood m14 and it was heavy as a mother to carry around all day. I want something which will let me play a little bit of CQB(not mp5k close quarters but more m4 close quarters, if you know what i mean...) and is it light?

yeah sorry about all the questions but i like to know what i'm getting into before i buy a gun.

It's lighter than my real steel M1A Scout (which weighs about as much as the G&G M14). I don't see it as being difficult to hump around all day. And if it is difficult to hump around, you need to grow stronger or buy a better sling. I have a Butler Creek for my M1A that carries the weight as though it were nothing.

its understandable for it to be slow shipping when its a holiday season, but my order was sitting at RedWolf for over a week because of a computer problem on their end. i paid through paypal, and when i would try to confirm the payment, nothing happened. eventually it was sorted out, but it was still a hastle.

anyway, their service is actually pretty good. its just that now that my team is sponsored i can get RedWolf prices w/o the expensive shipping and i was angry that i was too stupid to wait for our sponsor to get the gun in stock.

damn my impatiance. i guess it came back and bit me in the *albatross* :P

Neither! TheSocom doesn't actually need a tightbore! I have found that the groupings at over 20meters are excellent.

Normally a barrel upgrade is the first thing I throw in my guns but having skirmished with this rifle I found that the range and accuracy surpases my other stock TM barrels.

Proof of this was a rather unfortunate incident where I shot someones tooth out at over 30 meters with one shot. He had his head side on too me but as i fired he turned into the shot. He was very cool about it and told me it was about time he visited the dentist, but still can't help but feel ###### about that kind of thing (Fortunatly he is also a veteran of the team i play for).

But after that...hell i'm not paying out cash for something i don't need! :D