Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM CQB .308

i've had it upgraded to 400, and it had been shooting fine until the very end of practice last weekend. i think the motor got misaligned because it was still firing, but i could hear the gears grinding. easy enough fix.

i thought it was too big/heavy to use at first, but i've gotten used to it, and its a lot better than it was. the range/accuracy on it is phenominal.

but i also plan on buying a SCAR this month just because my M14 mags are still a little finicky (i swear they have a mind of their own) and because i need a backup.

other than that, its been the best gun i've ever owned.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infidels and apostates, you lot.

Anyhue, I've found out that the stock inner barrel for the TM M14 SOCOM is just a little too short for the G&P MK14 Mod 0 EBR (short) conversion kit. This means that while my SOCOM M14 is in good working order, I won't be a DM until I get it replaced.

My Intellect 8.4v 3600mah NiMH only fits after completely tearing off its original protective wrapping, and even then it's almost impossible to get it in/out, and that's with the butt plate off. You'll most likely want to aim for a battery with lower mah rating than 3600, since in additional to fitting you don't need more than 2000 to run the gun well.

Yes you can, the Tokyo Marui M14 Socom and M14A1 are 100% interchangeable, maybe you should read a thread.

I read that part of the thread, but I didn't know since one has a rail and one doesn't there might have been a bracket or something in the way.

I use an Elite 8.4V 4500 Mah pack and it fits in the stock perfectly. I've taken it out and put it back in half a dozen times with no issues.

The key is to have the guns connector hanging outside of the stock, and then to place the battery in cells first. If you try to do it any other way you'll be fighting it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen the heat shields in brown and black, but they're both listed as plastic. My main issue with the M14 is that the plastic for the heat shield just looks and feels cheap. From this review, it seems the new TM M14 SOCOM uses some better plastic.

So basically, my choices are either get the metal heat shield or try to find this one.