Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM CQB .308

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think that it can fit a 9.6 in its stock.

to make it shoot above forum limits, i'd go with a new spring (obviously), some nice bushings, and steel gears. perhaps a reinforced spring guide. you should be good and if/when something breaks, just replace it. if you really want, you could put a better cylander in it. i dunno, *fruitcage*.

Real steel, but...

tehgunshow.jpg

I don't particularly like it. The stock is not designed to allow for a good cheek weld with the EoTech mounted. More like a chin weld.... In any case, I'm going to replace it with a Leupold FX-II Scout scope (possibly with a mil-dot reticle). Which will happen sometime after I get a taclight, which will happen sometime after I buy a Sage EBR chopmod stock, which will or will not happen sometime after I decide whether or not I like the G&P EBR chopmod stock for my M14 SOCOM, which will happen after I take delivery of said G&P EBR chopmod stock.

Very nice! I would like to say that I played another 8 hour game (I also played Friday for 8 hours *tired*).. and that no signs of chipping have occurred. Although I jumped into a bush which hid a rock and a little small speck of grit came off the stock. Other than that all the branches and rocks that I low crawled through have not in the slightest bit degraded the stock finish at all!

Great gun. I may or may not be upgrading it as it is shooting great in unupgraded form!

-Blink

the only thing that i noticed was that the accuracy wasnt what i thought it would be. as in, its not very accurate. but i have only had the chance to put 100 or so rounds thu it, and im assuming that there is too much oil in the barrel, as i have seen the same symptoms in other guns.

after i put about 1000 rounds or so through it, i expect it to be shooting up to the standard that everyone is. too bad i have to wait another two weeks to use it in a game :(

Does anyone know if the M14 can take a 3600mah battery? On eHobbyAsia's description of the socom it says it takes "8.4v large type up to 3300mah" When I asked them if it could take the Intellect 8.4v 3600mah they were selling they said they werent sure... so does anyone know for sure? 300mah makes a difference?

I have an Intellect 8.4v 3600 Mah battery to fit I need to take off my butt plate throw in the battery then close it up. The hole which is supposed to be used to put the battery in (on the buttplate) is to small, therefore I have to take it off, which takes less than 2 minutes.

-Blink