Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM CQB .308

the only thing that i noticed was that the accuracy wasnt what i thought it would be. as in, its not very accurate. but i have only had the chance to put 100 or so rounds thu it, and im assuming that there is too much oil in the barrel, as i have seen the same symptoms in other guns.

after i put about 1000 rounds or so through it, i expect it to be shooting up to the standard that everyone is. too bad i have to wait another two weeks to use it in a game :(

What ammo are you using?

At the weekend I used my SOCOM for the first time, it was simply awesome out of the box. It's not actually that much shorter than my full M14 but felt a lot shorter.

Two other guy's also had their upgraded M14's there, and i was out ranging them with a stock SOCOM, and worse still my upgraded M14 was going even further. When we discussed ammo, they were running .2's and I wa running .25's. They couldn't hit a barn door past 30 meters but switched to .25's and things dramatically improved.

If your range and acuracy is down, clean your barrel and switch to .25's, it makes a huge difference.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total agree, can't ski to save my life, also having had my knee rebuilt 4 years back skiing isn't the wisest choice either...... shall we have a Mac v's PC debate while we're at it?

Naaah!!

I would prefer a TM versus CA debate :P

On the knee front, I destroyed one of mine a few years back.....on ski's! how much less pressure is there on your knees boarding, don't want another 4 years of pain, but cant wait to get back on the slopes

Ello, Newbie here... :)

I've just purchased my first aeg...a M14 SOCOM and i have quite alot of standard mags for it, but i cant find a decent pouch to fit any of them. I clearly havnt been looking in the right place, that or im just being blind.. could someone point me in the right direction please? :)

Oh and great review :D

Tim.

Edited by Tion
Okay, well I love them Socom, but I absolutely hate the rail on the top, so I'm looking into a regular M14.  How do each compare to the other, is the socom a better gun accuracy wise and feel?  Keep in mind, I already have an MP7, and this gun will only be for outside.

I dunno about getting a regular over this cuz the guys with regular M14s were drooling over my socom. They especially loved the cocking sound.

Well I'm not gonna make my choice by deciding if guys are gonna drool over it or not, I want a gun that works, is comforatable, and performs very well stock.  But thanks for the help.

Its all of those, I played with it at a skirmish last weekend thats where the guys drooled over it :D

Even the guy with the upgraded G&G m14 soc16 wanted a crack at my socom, when I was attacking a defended position on a hill, I simply moved out of the range of the ppl behind the sandbags and started sending BBs flying over their heads. After that every time they popped up to take shots at my teammates, I simply raised my socom at them and they ducked. I didnt even have to shoot all I had to do was point at them and they would duck. It was very amusing :rolleyes: .

Edited by willnyc
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To add to FarEast's skirmish reports and everyone elses.

I love it atm. Alot more sturdy then the regular length TM M14. Accurate (when right bb's are used), pretty easy to field strip (did this and upgraded it).

Although I love this gun, I still feel its a bit cumbersome in that its pretty long and heavy.

Everyone at my field thinks its super sexy and I get alot of "Oooohhhh! Can I shoot it!".

Anyways overall a great gun, but its gets tiring holding it all day.

Even though I love this gun, ill probably end up getting a SCAR (most likely a VFC or STAR, the CA just doesn't cut it). Not because I dont like the M14's performance, just its ergonomics.

-Blink