Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM CQB .308

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

honestly, i'm really weak, total wimp and computer nerd... and i still can't believe how is it possible that u guys say u get "very" tired of carrying it around for some hours, really, the right sling, and u don't even feel it :P

All i have to say about this gun, is "OMG the Accuracy" and... "OMFG!!! the range!!!" ok and that's that :P lol really, one of the best, IF not the best stock airsoft gun i ever used...

PS: do u reckon it'd be advisable to set up a 6.02/03 barrel in it ? or what kind/length is it ?

• 1 year later...

Yeah Tenebrarum, this little rascal sure weighs a lot more than most other AEGs, but as you said: use a sling!

Other than that I'd like to make a comment on the velocity and accuracy and what a great advantage it is to use 0.25 ammo instead of "regular" 0.20:

See, the thing is that when I use 0.20 (Marui) the muzzle velocity is pretty much consistent at 99m/s (that's 325fps for those of you who are still back in the middle ages). But I can only reach targets up to 30m (that's like 30 yards and a couple of feet and some 1/4-inches for you medieval types). After 30m I'm not able to hit any targets effectively. Maybe I could get a lucky shot or something, but really - all fun ends after 30m.

BUT if I switch to 0.25 (Blaster) I get a muzzle velocity of about 87-89m/s and I can actually hit full figure targets out to about 50m! Of course, you'll have to adjust the hopup accordingly but having done that, you just don't want to use those 0.20-pellets anymore.

This gun is the weakest in my armory, velocity-wise, but I totally love it anyway! It's just so slick and well made and if I use 0.25-ammo I can still reach out and touch someone at good range! I haven't modified anything on this gun and I intend to keep it that way ;)